Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins / Panthers Prediction thread: Battle of Wills

skins island connection

I think it's Carolina Blue.  Makes sense to me.

Umm, DC9...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carolina_blue

"Carolina blue (occasionally referred to as Tar Heel blue) is the shade of blue used as one of the official school colors of the University of North Carolina and the color of the sky in Heaven. The name is derived from the popular usage of "Carolina" to refer to the university. For clarity in branding and marketing, UNC Creative has defined the color as Pantone 542 and declared that the closest RGB representation is #7BAFD4.[2]

Use of the light blue color at UNC dates from 1795 when the Dialectic (blue) and Philanthropic (white) Societies of the university chose representative colors. Society members would wear a blue or white ribbon at university functions, and blue or white ribbons were attached to the diplomas of graduates.[3] When football became a popular collegiate sport in the 1880s, the UNC football team adopted the light blue and white of the Di-Phi Societies as the school colors.[4]"

Just so you know :)

https://www.licensing.unc.edu/Portals/Trademark/UNC%20Logo%20Sheet.pdf

I don't get it?

As a side note does anyone know if Buck and Aikman would be doing this game? 

Would be surprised with Tony romoSUCKS coming back.

Or does CBS get that one since it's IN Miami?  I can never keep track.

I don't get it?

Would be surprised with Tony romoSUCKS coming back.

Or does CBS get that one since it's IN Miami? I can never keep track.

I THINK the rule for inter-conference games is that it's covered by the visiting team's network. At least, it seems to work out that way, to me.

(Which seems stupid, to me. It means that, say, Fox, not only has to have a package ready to deploy, to cover every NFC stadium, but also for every AFC stadium, for when an NFC team visits there. To me, it would be logistically easier for the networks, if inter-conference games were covered by the home team's network, since they already have everything they need to broadcast, from there, anyway).

I don't know why anyone would be so quick to dismiss Cam Newton as a top tier MVP candidate.  I think he belongs in that discussion.  Through my untrained eyes, he has been an absolute monster through nine games.  When they need a play, he makes one.  When they need three yards, he gets five.  When they are inside the five yard line, forget about it.  I actually enjoy watching him play.

With that said, I think we match up well with them.  KC gets the ball out of his hands quickly, and hopefully our WRs can make a play or two downfield.  Panthers defense is sneaky good.  I think JReed will have his hands full this week, so I'm hoping for a better return from Crowder and DJax.

I think we get Cam off his first read as we try to squeeze Olsen, and I think Cam tries to force a couple throws and we grab a couple of them.  I also think Baker and Hatcher have good days.

I like our momentum going in, and having a healthy roster gives our guys enough confidence to get it done. 

Skins - 24

Cats - 17

**** 'em.

We don't play well on the road and the Panthers have a nasty defense. It's nice to see our fans confident but I can't include myself in that. I don't think it will get ugly on the scoreboard but we will go back to not being able to run the ball and therefore the passing game will struggle. The defense will get gashed by the run game.

Panthers 27

Redskins 17

This is a tough game to gauge.

I think we lose, but we are genuinely playing our best of the season right now, so I'm not exactly going into the game the way I was the patriots.

I was amped up for the first giants game but still expected a loss, and this one is sort of the same, except, we are better, but the opponent is proportionately better. This, just like that first giants game, will also help define our season.  

Looking at whatever stats about Carolina on D, they aren't that great. They have elite talent at certain spots however, so they can make key plays, as opposed to being the 85 bears or 2000 ravens.  

We will have to be the best team they face on offense this season to win however, we don't win if we don't break 30 points.  Because, we are going to give up 31 or more from steady running and Cam being awesome.

I think we lose 31-27 or something of that nature.  

I think the offense is getting better, much better. They are healthy and DJax is probably 100% or close to it. KC may throw a pick or two in this game, but, I believe he'll have another multiple TD game again (2 maybe 3) and the running game will be effective.

I also think the defense is going to play much better, except for Keenan Robinson, they are healthy which hasn't been the case most of the season. I think they force multiple turnovers and contain Cam.

This will be the signature win for the Redskins.

Redskins. 34

Panthers. 21

Exactly since our existence as a team we have more success than the skins...

Last playoff win for you guys was 2006? Lol

I live in Fort Mill.  I've lived in this area for 10 years due to my job, not because I actually want to live here.  Anyway, I find it funny that you named your username Kuechly59.  Thats about on par for most Puddytat fans that can't name anyone on their roster besides Luke and Cam. Charlotte is such a bandwagon town.  Just like Dallass fans, when the team is losing, the gear gets put away.  Win a few games and jersey numbers 1 and 59 get dusted off. Not saying there aren't diehard fans, but they are few and far between.

One thing I noticed during the Green Bay game.  It was raining and practically half the stadium was EMPTY.  So, your team is 7-0 at that time and hosting a 6-1 team who has been a powerhouse in the conference and no one wanted to sit in the rain.  I can remember going to games at RFK when the Redskins were good and not so good and the place was always packed, come rain, sleet or snow. Piss poor showing for supposed "awesome fans." I can remember when Charlotte had a lot of diehard fans with the old Hornets. That joint was always packed.

I visit DC once a year and catch a Redskins game.  My Mom drives from Harrisburg, NC to attend every Redskin game in DC. She's 68 and never misses a game, no matter the weather. That's what a diehard does. I was just up there with her this weekend for the Saints game.  I get back to work this morning and Pan-fer fans who know I'm a Redskin fan asked if I saw their game last Sunday.  I'm like, "why would I watch your team, if my team is on at the same time?"  Kind of ignorant of them if you ask me.  I even had one ask me if I knew anyone who had tickets for this Sunday and where I could get them.  I'm like, "oh, NOW you want to support them since they are 9-0."  Bandwagon.

I will be sitting at home watching the game this Sunday. It's going to be a tall order for us, I'm not going to lie.  I just know that I won't drop one cent of my hard earned money on the Puddytats by going to the game.  I've been to the last 3, but I'd rather sit in my own seat.  And good luck with the crowd, because Cam's "house" is about to be taken over by Redskin fans.  And if we win, Katie-Bar the door.

BTW, I hope the ****ycats are thinking about the Cowboys and over look us.

Our schedule has been a lot tougher than the undefeated Kitty Cats’ schedule.  We have played three common opponents  (Bucs, Eagles and Saints) with the Redskins beating each one. Our team seems to be moving in the right direction and they’re playing much better this year than I expected.

We're getting healthy. It's time for a win on the road. I expect that our fans will be well represented in their house.

Good Guys – 31

Bad Guys - 28

Hey cool...I went to Winthrop and have a lot of Fort Mill friends

Lived in Rock Hill from 2005 until 2011. We moved to FM to be closer to our jobs. Wife and I have separated, and now I'm actually closer to RH then FM, off Sutton Road exit. I try to go to a few Winthrop BB games every year since they are cheap and you get a great seat,

I've met up up with Don't Taze Me Bro and Kosher Ham a couple of times up near Concord Mills Mall for beers and eats.

Lived in Rock Hill from 2005 until 2011. We moved to FM to be closer to our jobs. Wife and I have separated, and now I'm actually closer to RH then FM, off Sutton Road exit. I try to go to a few Winthrop BB games every year since they are cheap and you get a great seat,

I've met up up with Don't Taze Me Bro and Kosher Ham a couple of times up near Concord Mills Mall for beers and eats.

that's awesome PJ...Winthrop usually has a decent baseball team...are you going to the panthers game?

I live in Fort Mill. I've lived in this area for 10 years due to my job, not because I actually want to live here. Anyway, I find it funny that you named your username Kuechly59. Thats about on par for most Puddytat fans that can't name anyone on their roster besides Luke and Cam. Charlotte is such a bandwagon town. Just like Dallass fans, when the team is losing, the gear gets put away. Win a few games and jersey numbers 1 and 59 get dusted off. Not saying there aren't diehard fans, but they are few and far between.

One thing I noticed during the Green Bay game. It was raining and practically half the stadium was EMPTY. So, your team is 7-0 at that time and hosting a 6-1 team who has been a powerhouse in the conference and no one wanted to sit in the rain. I can remember going to games at RFK when the Redskins were good and not so good and the place was always packed, come rain, sleet or snow. Piss poor showing for supposed "awesome fans." I can remember when Charlotte had a lot of diehard fans with the old Hornets. That joint was always packed.

I visit DC once a year and catch a Redskins game. My Mom drives from Harrisburg, NC to attend every Redskin game in DC. She's 68 and never misses a game, no matter the weather. That's what a diehard does. I was just up there with her this weekend for the Saints game. I get back to work this morning and Pan-fer fans who know I'm a Redskin fan asked if I saw their game last Sunday. I'm like, "why would I watch your team, if my team is on at the same time?" Kind of ignorant of them if you ask me. I even had one ask me if I knew anyone who had tickets for this Sunday and where I could get them. I'm like, "oh, NOW you want to support them since they are 9-0." Bandwagon.

I will be sitting at home watching the game this Sunday. It's going to be a tall order for us, I'm not going to lie. I just know that I won't drop one cent of my hard earned money on the Puddytats by going to the game. I've been to the last 3, but I'd rather sit in my own seat. And good luck with the crowd, because Cam's "house" is about to be taken over by Redskin fans. And if we win, Katie-Bar the door.

BTW, I hope the ****ycats are thinking about the Cowboys and over look us.

Lol no but nice try clown, I've been a panthers fan since day one I was present for there first home game in Clempsons stadium, I was a fan through the Steve Beurlein years the Kerry Collins years the awful 1-15 season we had in 2001...

As to my handle I've posted on Carolinahuddle since 2004 and it's always been our middle linebacker it was BeastMorgan55 from 04-06 JonBeastin52 from 07-11 and now Kuechly59.

I can't speak for the other clowns we have as fans...

The influx of new "fans" we have squired since drafting cam actually pisses me off.

Now of course you have more die hard fans you have been a team for around 50 more years.

Your team hasnt won a road game since November of last season and you seem to think you will walk in and defeat the best team in the conference?

Those pathetic short passes Cousins throws to up his % will be eaten alive.

Um...was this intentional? lol...

It's called context of you noticed I never said how we would fair scoring wise vs the redskins, I was simply correcting an ignorant fool.

A lot of random blah blah blah, I heart Panthers talk.

You're not good at posting at opposing forums are you?

Calling us fools and clowns really isn't a smart thing and won't help you have a conversation. We got no problems with opposing fans carrying a conversation about our match up or football but to attack us and laugh at us because we have confidence in OUR team on OUR forum?

Yeah, nice try, keep walking.

Lol no but nice try clown, I've been a panthers fan since day one I was present for there first home game in Clempsons stadium, I was a fan through the Steve Beurlein years the Kerry Collins years the awful 1-15 season we had in 2001...

As to my handle I've posted on Carolinahuddle since 2004 and it's always been our middle linebacker it was BeastMorgan55 from 04-06 JonBeastin52 from 07-11 and now Kuechly59.

I can't speak for the other clowns we have as fans...

The influx of new "fans" we have squired since drafting cam actually pisses me off.

Now of course you have more die hard fans you have been a team for around 50 more years.

Your team hasnt won a road game since November of last season and you seem to think you will walk in and defeat the best team in the conference?

Those pathetic short passes Cousins throws to up his % will be eaten alive.

It's called context of you noticed I never said how we would fair scoring wise vs the redskins, I was simply correcting an ignorant fool.

You realize you're on our board right?

You're not good at posting at opposing forums are you?

Calling us fools and clowns really isn't a smart thing and won't help you have a conversation. We got no problems with opposing fans carrying a conversation about our match up or football but to attack us and laugh at us because we have confidence in OUR team on OUR forum?

Yeah, nice try, keep walking.

Taking shots at my fandom qualifies you as a clown in my book however understandable it may be seeing as we do have a wagon of clowns behind the panthers atm.

I came to talk football and I've been met with nothing but misconception and outright falsity... Which can be attributed to ignorance on the part of opposing fans I thoroughly scout opposing teams before spouting off...

The panthers offense dosnt score a lot comment made me lol. We are 4th in the nfl.

On defense we have two of the best lbs in the nfl, the man whose playing the best corner in the nfl at the moment...

I've seen five skins games this season and it's my OPINION that you don't match up well vs us.

I tried to look at Panther message boards.

One has like four conversations going on and the oldest member is from 2013...

The others have all been shut down.  Probably due to lack of traffic.

I say we keep him if he can act right.  Which, so far, he hasn't.

Archived