Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins / Panthers Prediction thread: Battle of Wills

skins island connection

This would be a quality, quality win.  I think the Skins have a good amount of confidence right now, which is a great thing heading into a game like this against a very good team.

Skins have been dreadful on the road the last two years.  The field position battle will be huge me thinks -- If the Skins can't get the running game going it's gonna be a long day for Kirk and the boys on offense.  Panthers D is excellent.  Gotta hope the D can come up big, a couple turnovers would be choice.

That said I'm not feeling this one:

Skins - 16

Panthers - 24

And it is obviously appreciated. Actually, I just came to talk about football and not a derogatory or confrontational manner. I have seen 1/2 of one game played by the Redskins and was curiously seeking information. Oh well.......

That's as much bull**** as your fellow Panther fan.  If you came here to talk about football and not be confrontational, and then you go ahead in less than a dozen posts become derogatory and confrontational, then you're doing it wrong.

Please take yourself and your cohort back to Charlotte and go get caught in her web; we'd prefer if you didn't come back.

Carolinahuddle.com it's busier than this board... Lol

Is that the message board where the board owner/admin tried to raise money for charity by requiring a donation in order to be able to post in certain forums?  Not knocking the idea, just curious if that is the same one.  

I've posted a handful of times on Panthers boards over the years, and it would have been the most popular ones, and the posters there act like a bunch of assholes for the most part, towards fans of other teams.  I live in Charlotte btw.  

I'm talking about asking simple questions, no trash talking, etc.  And they come at me cursing, etc.  I can take it, I find it humorous.  But realize the boards are owned and operated by individual fans and not the team, like it is here on ES.

I get a little heated when someone questions my fan hood I've been a good panthers fan from day one and have never been a fan of anther team (granted I was 8 when we got the panthers) a lot of current panthers fans used to be redskins fans.... I don't have any respect for them.

So you don't have respect for people that live in and or grew up in or around the Charlotte area switching teams to pull for their home team once one became available?  I know a lot of people, my late uncle being one, that from day 1 switched from the Redskins to the Panthers and never looked back.

I never switched over, because that's just me.  But who in the hell do you think people that watched football pulled for for all those years Charlotte didn't have a NFL team?  You think we/they all just watched college basketball and ignored football?  You can't root for the home team, until there is a home team to root for.

Again, my wife and I grew up near Charlotte and live in Charlotte and both are still die-hard Redskins fans, and always will be.  

The lamest thing anyone can do in the history of life is troll another fan site.

You're a loser.

In his defense, he posts from boards where rules exist when they want them to exist.  Unless it's a personal threat, most likely none of the posters that are Panthers fans will be banned.  They are free to curse and talk **** to opposing fans with little to no consequences since the boards are operated by individual fans.

Where as here, when we get out of control, we suffer consequences for our actions more frequently.  But, it's a board owned by the team.  

Fans of other teams that post frequently on their boards, then come here is kind of like Lavar free lancing on plays instead of doing his assignment on the play called.  They think they can do/act the way they want instead of following a simple set of rules.

Folks,

Can we make this thread more about game predictions?  And less about making personal attacks (which, I seem to recall, are against our rules, here) against visiting fans, (even when they are rather abrasive), the merits of other team's boards, and ancient history? 

I said it before the Rams game. If we were an easy win, they wouldn't bother coming here. They are concerned after the NO ass whoopin. They see that even when we lose, we don't lay down and we still play physical. We're probably the first team they've faced that they know can be just as physical. Other fans are taking notice that we are building something for the future.

Good point PJ. I'll just point out that the Panthers have played only one team with a winning record so far, and to their credit, the Panthers beat the Packers. While the Redskins have played at least 3 teams with winning records--all on the road no less (Falcons, Jets and Patriots) and two of them were undefeated at the time. Yes, the Redskins lost those, but they were competitive in all of them for the most part.

I'm not saying the Redskins would be undefeated if they played the same schedule as the Panthers, but I am saying that the Redskins have been battle-tested and the Panthers better buckle their chin- straps.

If the Redskins are going to make a move this year, they have got to show (to themselves, first and foremost) that they can beat a team with a winning record, beat a team on the road and string consecutive wins together. They can accomplish all three this week and it's time they show it!

This one just looks like an upset to me...

Redskins 20

Panthers 17

Panther fans are just on edge because they know the bottom is about to fall out on their season, and there's nothing they can do about it. Blinded by the sunlight reflecting off the 3 Superbowl trophies. Once Cam begins his yearly slump, he will be back to hiding under towels and blaming the media.

So sen-si-tive

To the folks pointing out the the Panthers are just und feasted against teams with a losing record, I will observe that that category includes us.

I think we've got a chance. We're healthier than the team that's 4-5. We're certainly a decent team. But yeah, we're the underdog, here.

Panther fans are just on edge because they know the bottom is about to fall out on their season, and there's nothing they can do about it. Blinded by the sunlight reflecting off the 3 Superbowl trophies. Once Cam begins his yearly slump, he will be back to hiding under towels and blaming the media.

So sen-si-tive

He has shown a lot of maturity over the years, especially last season.  They were 3-8-1 with 4 games left, he didn't pout/sulk like he did early on.  I wouldn't say the bottom is about to fall out of their season.

Remaining games:  Redskins, Cowboys, Saints, Falcons, Giants, Falcons, Bucs.  I don't see them going perfect, never did.  But realistically, they could go 14-2, 13-3 or 12-4.  I just don't see the Saints, Bucs or Giants beating them.  Even if they lose 4 out of 7 down the stretch, they finish 12-4.

They play 2 teams (3 games) with a winning record, odds are in their favor.  I'm hoping we can knock them off Sunday.  I need bragging rights since I live in Charlotte :)

My prediction:  Skins - 24  Panthers 21 - Game winning FG by Hopkins :ph34r:

I said it before the Rams game. If we were an easy win, they wouldn't bother coming here. They are concerned after the NO ass whoopin. They see that even when we lose, we don't lay down and we still play physical. We're probably the first team they've faced that they know can be just as physical. Other fans are taking notice that we are building something for the future.

Good point PJ. I'll just point out that the Panthers have played only one team with a winning record so far, and to their credit, the Panthers beat the Packers. While the Redskins have played at least 3 teams with winning records--all on the road no less (Falcons, Jets and Patriots) and two of them were undefeated at the time. Yes, the Redskins lost those, but they were competitive in all of them for the most part.

I'm not saying the Redskins would be undefeated if they played the same schedule as the Panthers, but I am saying that the Redskins have been battle-tested and the Panthers better buckle their chin- straps.

If the Redskins are going to make a move this year, they have got to show (to themselves, first and foremost) that they can beat a team with a winning record, beat a team on the road and string consecutive wins together. They can accomplish all three this week and it's time they show it!

This one just looks like an upset to me...

Redskins 20

Panthers 17

It won't be pretty, but it doesn't have to be.

Remaining games:  Redskins, Cowboys, Saints, Falcons, Giants, Falcons, Bucs.  I don't see them going perfect, never did.  But realistically, they could go 14-2, 13-3 or 12-4.  I just don't see the Saints, Bucs or Giants beating them.  Even if they lose 4 out of 7 down the stretch, they finish 12-4.

My prediction is we are going to beat them twice this year in Charlotte..this weekend and then again in the NFC Championship!!!

In his defense, he posts from boards where rules exist when they want them to exist.  Unless it's a personal threat, most likely none of the posters that are Panthers fans will be banned.  They are free to curse and talk **** to opposing fans with little to no consequences since the boards are operated by individual fans.

Where as here, when we get out of control, we suffer consequences for our actions more frequently.  But, it's a board owned by the team.  

Fans of other teams that post frequently on their boards, then come here is kind of like Lavar free lancing on plays instead of doing his assignment on the play called.  They think they can do/act the way they want instead of following a simple set of rules.

That explanation is not much of a "defense" and does not make it unlame.

He's still a loser.

That explanation is not much of a "defense" and does not make it unlame.

He's still a loser.

Maybe you didn't detect my subtle jab at him in my post :)  I'm basically saying he doesn't know how to act right.  While laying it out there about the quality of other teams forum boards.  

They have less rules, restrictions, etc. which is why they behave (a lot, not all) the way they do.  I don't usually post on other teams forum boards at all, hardly ever.  I posted once or twice on the Dallas board in 2012 and they were a mix of stupid and decent posters.  

I made an account on one of the Panthers boards (think it was his) asking a simple question about what channel the game would be shown on since Fox left Charlotte and was dog piled with asshole/jerk responses.  It was right after Fox (network not coach) left and I couldn't find any info on which station would be picking up the NFL games on Fox, so I thought, I'll just ask a Panthers fan and see lol.  

If you ever want to see the easiest location to ruin a collection of thousands of people's careers with almost no effort at all, just go to the eagles message board and send all their posts to their employers or post them publicly.

This board is the best on the internet for a variety of reasons... If there were internet forum awards that had any relevance, I honestly think this place would win for certain (theoretical) categories. 

Cam is like a LB playing QB.  The guy is so elusive.  That's what's going to be so tough on defense.  They're going to have to put a spy on him.  This game is going to be close.  Hopefully a Skins victory.  Skins need to figure out how to put back to back wins together if they think they have a legit shot at the division.  

Archived