Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

16 FA - CT25, Jr., Ribs, Blackmon, LJLP, Colt, Ked, Foster, Nacho re-sign! JOSH NORMAN, Booth, Toler, Vern, Garvin, Bruton, Reyes sign!

DC9

Defense:

Sign Muhammad Wilkerson, DE - 26 years old (Highly unlikely)

Sign Demario Davis, ILB - 26 years old

Sign George Iloka, FS - 25 years old

Sign Janoris Jenkins, CB - 27 years old

Re-sign Junior Galette

Re-sign Will Compton

Re-sign Terrance Knighton

Re-sign Mason Foster

Re-sign Keenan Robinson

Re-sign WIll Blackmon

Re-sign Frank Kearse

Re-sign Dke Ihenacho

​Re-sign Quinton Dunbar

That would shore up ILB, CB, Safety. I would draft DLine in the first or second round.

Offense:

​Sign Dwayne Allen, TE - 25 years old

Sign Ben Jones, C - 26 years old

Sign Josh Gordon, WR - 24 years old​​

Re-sign Kirk Cousins

Re-sign Tom Compton

Re-sign Darrel Young

Re-sign Chris Thompson

Re-sign Alfred Morri​​s

If we only we had a better OC who can use these talents, our offense would be just fine.​

​​

How bout shooting Wilkerson to the top of the list...

I'm not a FA guy, would be completely happy with 0 signings. I do understand there will always be some degree of roster filling, but if we didn't get 1 big name I'd be fine. 

BUT, if I could choose 1 player that I think would contribute the most, give me Wilkerson for the next 5 years. 

i would go after him. the money spent for hatcher would go to him! but I would still double down and draft a high dt 1st or 2nd round.

I keep Hatcher, too.

Hatcher gives me the Justin Smith vibe in the sense that he doesn't have a lot of tread on the tires for his age.

But he still manages to wind up on the injury report or be limited in practice just about every week. That's gonna get worse, not better.

We have right of first refusal on Galette. I asked the same thing and someone corrected me.

Josh Gordon? Isn't he one strike from permanent lifetime suspension? Lunkhead. No thanks.

A clause in the contract solves that problem. You get him and he plays his ass off, great. You get him and he's busted again, good riddance.

Sometimes you have to take a chance on talent, especially when he's arguably in the top 5 of WR's in the league. Look at Hardy and what he's doing, and he did way worse than smoking reefer.

Gordon/DJax/Crowder/Garcon is a top receiving core, by far.

A clause in the contract solves that problem. You get him and he plays his ass off, great. You get him and he's busted again, good riddance.

Sometimes you have to take a chance on talent, especially when he's arguably in the top 5 of WR's in the league. Look at Hardy and what he's doing, and he did way worse than smoking reefer.

Gordon/DJax/Crowder/Garcon is a top receiving core, by far.

Sure his offenses have been minor compared to Hardy. But like Dexter, the league has rules and if you don't follow them, you're out. Problem with Gordon isn't what he did, but how many times he's been caught. Play clean, earn your money and then retire and smoke up to your hearts desire.

Sure his offenses have been minor compared to Hardy. But like Dexter, the league has rules and if you don't follow them, you're out. Problem with Gordon isn't what he did, but how many times he's been caught. Play clean, earn your money and then retire and smoke up to your hearts desire.

I'd take my chances with Gordon. Just clause it so we keep ourselves safe if he does get caught...

This of course would mean the Browns didn't rebuttal our offer and keep him. I just see a lot of folks wanting Alshon Jeffrey and I think Gordon is on a whole different tier level.

edit: I get what you're saying too, PJ, and it scares me because of what happened with Tanard Jackson... But Gordon is a game changer.

Top 20 2016 Unrestricted free agents

1. Von MillerDenver Broncos linebacker: Miller has been one of the best overall defensive players in the league since he was drafted. He's as strong stopping the run as he is coming off the edge. There's no way the Broncos will let him hit the market.

2. Josh NormanCarolina Panthers cornerback: There's nothing like having your breakout season in a contract year. Norman has been the best cornerback in football this year and is a legitimate Defensive Player of the Year candidate. He's not going anywhere.

3. Muhammad WilkersonNew York Jets defensive end:Sheldon Richardson and Leonard Williams were splashy draft pick additions, but Wilkerson is still the best defensive lineman on the Jets. New York has played hardball in negotiations thus far with Wilkerson, but the franchise tag has to be an option here.

4. Alshon JefferyChicago Bears wide receiver: He might not be the most refined receiver in the league, but few are better at catching deep balls. He's fourth in the league in receiving yards-per-game and topped 1,400 yards in 2013.

5. Cordy GlennBuffalo Bills offensive tackle: True franchise left tackles are awfully hard to find. That's why he's a strong candidate for the franchise tag.

6. Jason Pierre-PaulNew York Giants defensive end: He's still disruptive despite playing with a club over his injured hand. There has to be a chance JPP will only get better as he learns how best to play with his disadvantage, and the ceiling here is tremendous. Still, he has struggled as a tackler. Can he finish plays?

7. Eric BerryKansas City Chiefs safety: Berry has come back from his cancer scare better than ever. Strong safety play is hard to find and Berry has the versatility teams are looking for.

8. Malik JacksonBroncos defensive tackle: Like Norman, he's having a career year in a contract season. It's hard to find interior pass rushers like Jackson just entering his prime.

9. Doug MartinBuccaneers running back: He won't make the same money as the guys listed above (and below) him here because of the position he plays, but no one has helped their value more this season. Martin has gone from an afterthought to the No. 2 rusher in the NFL.

10. Bruce IrvinSeattle Seahawks linebacker: He isn't a defense-changing talent, but he's also better than you think. Irvin is a quality versatile starter.

11. Russell OkungSeahawks tackle: Even if Okung is only an average starter, he's going to get paid in this market. If he makes it there.

12. Eric WeddleSan Diego Chargers safety: Weddle has a skill set that tons of teams are looking for to shore up the back end of their defenses. His age (30) works against him, but few safeties have been better over the last five years.

13. Sam BradfordPhiladelphia Eagles quarterback: This season has not helped Bradford's value, yet there would be no shortage of teams willing to give Bradford a try if the Eagles don't want to re-sign him.

14. Kirk CousinsWashington Redskins quarterback: Replacement level starting quarterbacks are worth plenty, and that appears to be Cousins' floor. At worst, he's a poor man's Andy Dalton with room to improve over time. He has more value to the Redskins than anyone else.

15. Matt ForteChicago Bears running back: One of the league's most complete backs has not shown many signs of age yet. Perhaps he should be paired with another quality option, but there's no doubt he could upgrade many backfields.

16. Andre SmithCincinnati Bengals right tackle: How will Smith react to getting paid big bucks (again)? While his career has included some ups and downs, Smith has often been a top-shelf starter.

17. Danny TrevathanDenver Broncos linebacker: Trevathan is a three-down linebacker entering his prime that can hold up in pass coverage. We're big fans of his skill set and he's just the type of above-average starter that gets paid like a superstar in free agency.

18. Janoris JenkinsSt. Louis Rams cornerback: He's steadily improved each season in the league and now is a playmaking starter.

19. Brock OsweilerDenver Broncos quarterback: It's hard to imagine John Elway letting his promising young starter hit the market, although this will be a tricky contract to pull off.

20. Derrick JohnsonKansas City Chiefs linebacker: Yes, he's 33 years old. But watch him play this year! He would be a great short-term pickup for a team that needs instant leadership.

Just missed: Chris IvoryKelvin BeachumRyan FitzpatrickHaloti NgataLamar MillerPrince AmukamaraAnquan Boldin.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000602379/article/top-20-unrestricted-free-agents-for-2016?campaign=Twitter_atn

Lamar Miller and Chris Ivory are very intriguing to me... Lamar Miller is very underutilized and underappreciated! He was tearing it up last night against the Giants with big gashes and 2 td's and then they stopped using him. Dolphins just do not know how to use him! He's also a wide receiver for the dolphins in 4-wide sets.

Chris Ivory is also underappreciated and just a straight up mack truck.

I'd take either one of these guys in our current offense over what we have and if we let AlMo walk. Both become our top back immediately and I don't think Jones is ready for the lead role.

14. Kirk CousinsWashington Redskins quarterback: Replacement level starting quarterbacks are worth plenty, and that appears to be Cousins' floor. At worst, he's a poor man's Andy Dalton with room to improve over time. He has more value to the Redskins than anyone else.​

Don't agree with this statement whatsoever... He's an above average starter and definitely not a poor man's Andy Dalton... Hell, Andy Dalton is a poor man's Andy Dalton. If he didn't have a great defense and AJ Green/Bernard, you'd see the average Andy Dalton.

On the one hand, I'm not for paying any RB...on the other hand, Miller/Jones would be an excellent 1-2 punch with different strengths. And Miller is only 24 right now, hasn't been used much in Miami compared to his ability, and he's probably only a consistent 20-25 touch per game season away from being considered a top-5 RB in the league. Plus he can catch and take any carry to the house.

On the one hand, I'm not for paying any RB...on the other hand, Miller/Jones would be an excellent 1-2 punch with different strengths. And Miller is only 24 right now, hasn't been used much in Miami compared to his ability, and he's probably only a consistent 20-25 touch per game season away from being considered a top-5 RB in the league. Plus he can catch and take any carry to the house.

Exactly. If he's outside of Miami, he's a Pro-Bowler and probably an All-Pro...

They just re-signed that little quick dude Dion Lewis to a contract and signed Montee Ball to the PS. I assume they'll re-sign Blount as well. I think they should be ok... at least I hope lol

It's NE. They'll get like 80 rbs.

But in all seriousness, he would fit there so well.

Re-sign Gallette. Re-sign Golston.

Sign FA safety. Sign FA CB.

Draft ILB Draft WR. Draft TE Draft Interior OL Draft RB

cut Leribeus.

cut Riley Jr.

cut Johnson

cut Paulson

Those would be my starting points in a perfect world.

Obviously draft strengths will affect the final verdict on that.

Golston, or Goldson? (I'm assuming the latter)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000602742/article/leveon-bell-todd-gurley-among-young-backs-to-build-around

Top Young Running Backs to Build Around

8) Lamar Miller, Miami Dolphins

Age: 24. Games: 13. Rushing yards: 769. Rushing TDs: 7. Yards per carry: 5.1. Rec. yards: 346.

A fourth-round pick in the 2012 running back disaster draft (see the intro), Miller may prove to be the best back taken that year, even though seven others were taken before him. Miller is capable of 1,000 rushing yards and 50 receptions, but has to get better at pass protection if he is going to move up the list.

Not likely to happen, but if Skins added Jeffrey it would set up to be an unbelievable amount of weapons for Cousins. I've always been impressed when watching Jeffrey, special talent.

If he were to hit free agency it'd coat too much to seriously be considered though.

I believe the Bears are pretty well off as far as salary cap, but they'll need to figure out what to do with Jeffery and Matt Forte.  They have backup plans for both (Kevin White is a bigger question mark than Jeremy Langford), and Forte is 30 years old, so maybe they decide to throw that money towards Jeffery over Forte if forced to choose between the two. 

It's more likely they'll keep both though.  Jeffery and White would be rough to cover if White lives up to his draft status.

Really like the Miller idea.He could add a lot to this offense.Ivory might even be a better fit.

Ivory fits McCloughan to a T but I think you'd be crazy to risk giving him a FA contract...he's had too many injuries and his style is too violent. If you could get him reasonably, sure. He punishes defenses and is a blast to watch. 

Miller and Jeffrey would be awesome.  What do you guys think about Eric Berry? I don't get to watch a lot of KC games, but have read he's been doing well this year. Poor safety play has plagued us for years. So maybe he helps curb that for a couple of years while we search for an answer in the draft?

Archived