Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

16 FA - CT25, Jr., Ribs, Blackmon, LJLP, Colt, Ked, Foster, Nacho re-sign! JOSH NORMAN, Booth, Toler, Vern, Garvin, Bruton, Reyes sign!

DC9

Another couple WR's I see being cut are V-Jax, Mike Wallace, and Dwayne Bowe. Not that I am particularly interested, but just thought they could be intriguing options for cheap.

Bowe played with Alex Smith in KC (We see what happens to WR there) and has been with the dumpster fire browns this year

Wallace was brought in to be star WR and couldnt carry the load.

Jackson has also been in a dumpster fire in TB the last few years. 

He's an upgrade over Trenton Robinson...

TR is our 3rd string SS, who plays okay on ST. Who cares. He's not an upgrade over JJ (who became our starter this week) or Jarrett, who looks very promising.

Landry doesn't play teams, has an awful attitude, is not a good teammate and is a slow mental case.

So, who is he an upgrade over? What would he cost to ride our bench? Who do you cut? One of the rookies?

We need a dominant DE -- M. Wilkerson?  He's 3-4 guy.  He's young.  Likely expensive, though.  Malik Jackson from Denver -- DE -- 3-4 guy too. And, only 25.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_29014333/malik-jacksons-constant-qb-harassment-can-no-longer

ENVER BRONCOS / NFL Malik Jackson's constant QB harassment can no longer be ignored

Jackson is playing to show the Broncos brass he deserves to return in a contact year

Maybe help the pass rush by adding Bruce Irvin -- assume Scott knows him well.

Malik Jackson from Denver -- DE -- 3-4 guy too. And, only 25.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_29014333/malik-jacksons-constant-qb-harassment-can-no-longer

ENVER BRONCOS / NFL Malik Jackson's constant QB harassment can no longer be ignored

Malik Jackson would be a huge get. We badly need improvement everywhere on defense, and should be aiming to add 2 starters via free agency and 2 via the draft. We need young, ascending talent, and Jackson fits the Scot M.O. of bringing in guys from winning organizations.

One of our top priorities has to be rebuilding (again) the defensive line. They've been swiss cheese against the run all year -- it seems like opposing backs get to the second level on every single run.

This time next year, the ages of our line as currently composed:

Hatcher - 34

Golston - 33

Knighton - 30

RJF - 30

Baker - 29

Paea - 28

Kearse - 28

How about Denver's inside linebackers? Danny Trevethan, ILB, only 25, Brandon Marshall only 26.  Both bouncing back from injuries

http://www.9news.com/story/sports/2015/11/21/brandon-marshall-denny-trevathan-denver-broncos/76171624/

Broncos' inside linebackers Brandon Marshall and Danny Trevathan are old school. Marshall has led the Broncos in tackles since the third game of the season and now has 71 with seven games remaining. But Trevathan has closed to within five and after his off-the-charts, career-most 19 tackles two weeks ago at Indianapolis.

"That definitely brought him back up," Marshall said. "I've got to get me a 19. I kept getting banged up that game and came out like three times. But he had a good game. He was everywhere that game.''

John Fox must be jealous. Had Trevathan and Marshall stayed healthy last season, Fox may be still be the Broncos' head coach. Instead, Trevathan suffered two separate knee fractures and played less than two games worth of snaps and Marshall suffered a late-season Lisfranc injury.

Both linebackers underwent major offseason surgery but rebounded well. So did Fox, for that matter, as he's now the Chicago Bears' head coach. The Broncos play the Fox-led Bears on Sunday, when Marshall and Trevathan will have the likes of running back Jeremy Langford, quarterback Jay Cutler and tight ends Martellus Bennett and Zach Miller in their sights.

The friendly competition between Marshall and Trevathan is there, but goes unstated.

"We don't ever talk about it," Marshall said. "I think it's going to be a photo finish, though."

http://www.milehighreport.com/2015/10/8/9477071/danny-trevathan-believes-the-broncos-are-the-best-defense-in-the-nfl

http://www.dailycommercial.com/news/article_6c112b4d-1f33-541b-9163-a67758f6f10c.html

Malik Jackson would be a huge get. We badly need improvement everywhere on defense, and should be aiming to add 2 starters via free agency and 2 via the draft. We need young, ascending talent, and Jackson fits the Scot M.O. of bringing in guys from winning organizations.

One of our top priorities has to be rebuilding (again) the defensive line. They've been swiss cheese against the run all year -- it seems like opposing backs get to the second level on every single run.

This time next year, the ages of our line as currently composed:

Hatcher - 34

Golston - 33

Knighton - 30

RJF - 30

Baker - 29

Paea - 28

Kearse - 28

I wouldn't resign Knighton, very disappointed with his play considering he is playing for a big contract. Hatcher for me has not performed anything close to what he did for the Cowboys, plus he gets every Wednesday off for a rest. And Golston has been here 10 years which is 9 years to long for the turnstile. Baker has been the Redskins best player on defence by a country mile, Paea has been up and down but I would give him another year at least, RJF has been a good rotational guy and Kearse don't know much about.so for me I would pick up 2 DL in FA and use our 1st or 2nd round pick on the DL also, in my opinion games are won and lost in the trenches and we have been a big disappointment in that position all season.

HTTR

Any good free agent running backs? Seems like that position has become so cheap why not get a good one in free agency and use the draft to go after higher value positions

We just have so many needs its ridiculous. Feels like another couple years

Im the opposite and would get rid of all of them.

Garcon is the only one I would bring back next year but at a reduced rate, I have a feeling that Desean Jackson will not be here. Does anybody know who the best Centers are that could be available, we desperately need an upgrade there next year.

HTTR

Garcon is the only one I would bring back next year but at a reduced rate, I have a feeling that Desean Jackson will not be here. Does anybody know who the best Centers are that could be available, we desperately need an upgrade there next year.

HTTR

"Reduced rates" are a myth, like vet minimum plus incentives. Restructuring contracts is terrible in the long term as you end up paying more money in the future.

Hopefully McC continues to purge the mediocrity off this roster. This team stinks of it and has for years.

I think if we bring in a WR, it only makes sense if we A. Get rid of Garcon and Jackson, and B. Get a top tier dominant WR.

With our style of play, it makes little sense to have a pretty great WR who costs 9 mill a year. If hes not a super dominant $12 mill per year big receiver like say Jeffrey, or Julio Jones, whats the point? We spread the ball around so much, that pretty good receivers end up getting only 4-5 looks per game. That makes spending big on a player who might make 3-4 catches a big waste. However, I could see it being effective if you remove Jackson and Garcon, spend 12-14 million on a guy who is so dominant the defense ALWAYS has to double team or risk easy 1 on 1s, and who is big and able to bring down those fades in the end zone.

I would drop Garcon and keep Jackson. A big WR, Jackson, Crowder and Reed would be unstoppable. Spreading the ball around is a good thing, but believe me a go to guy like Jones or Green gets his in any offense.

Archived