Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

16 FA - CT25, Jr., Ribs, Blackmon, LJLP, Colt, Ked, Foster, Nacho re-sign! JOSH NORMAN, Booth, Toler, Vern, Garvin, Bruton, Reyes sign!

DC9

The fancy stats didn't like him in Arizona either. It was a weird signing based on what I don't know. Maybe coaches thought he had further potential.

I mean, we really dodged a bullet when DJax fell in our lap. Can you imagine the last two yeears with Roberts starting as the #2 and no DJax? Yikes.

So now that Roberts is cut, what becomes of the cap space? Here are my thoughts:

- used for Kirk

- anquan boldin

- we bring in an interior OL/DL

In no order of probability

Signing Kirk long term will create cap space. I think we will use it to sign Boldin and/or other free agents during the second wave of free agency. Guys like Pierre Thomas, whose cap hit should be minimal, and an upgrade at NT.

The fancy stats didn't like him in Arizona either. It was a weird signing based on what I don't know. Maybe coaches thought he had further potential.

Nah, I remember when we signed him someone trumpeted the fancy stats.  Cause at the time I was buying into those, just cause we bought Hatcher and DJax as well.

We had more greenish-blue dots on our starting 22.

A lot of good that did.

Signing Kirk long term will create cap space. I think we will use it to sign Boldin and/or other free agents during the second wave of free agency. Guys like Pierre Thomas, whose cap hit should be minimal, and an upgrade at NT.

That's a lot to sign for just $3-4M in savings from the Roberts cut.

Personally, I don't see why we sign Boldin.

What we need is RB (Thomas would be great) but what I'd really like is interior OL - preferably center. I don't think a NT will be available that won't cost a lot of money and/or be older than 30.

let cousins play out his year. we have a tough schedule and even if he does dip alittle I can see him coming down to 16 mill a year. I believe scott knows this and kurt knows this but is willing to take a chance on himself.

let cousins play out his year. we have a tough schedule and even if he does dip alittle I can see him coming down to 16 mill a year. I believe scott knows this and kurt knows this but is willing to take a chance on himself.

That's laughable if you think Kirk is gonna sign a cheap contract for 16 million a year...why would he do that?

Hail Em Up!

That's a lot to sign for just $3-4M in savings from the Roberts cut.

Personally, I don't see why we sign Boldin.

What we need is RB (Thomas would be great) but what I'd really like is interior OL - preferably center. I don't think a NT will be available that won't cost a lot of money and/or be older than 30.

Agree with this. Our receiver depth chart

Jackson

Garcon

Crowder

Doctson

Grant

Ross

Is good already with no use without injuries for a 36 year old Boldin. I predict by week 6 Josh has moved in front of Garcon and taking his snaps. Baring an injury Boldin makes no sense to me unless you want to dump Garcon this year and let Boldin take that place (6 game starter giving way to Josh) which since Garcon does make 8 milly this year does make some sense to do, but I get the feeling that the teams not ready to give up on Garcon yet so won't likely happen. Without an injury Boldin doesn't make sense to me why would you want to stunt the growth and limit the playing time to Crowder, Doctson or the other young guys? No to Boldin period. 

What does make sense to me IF he is healthy enough to pass a physical is to sign a cheap 2 year deal with Arian Foster with the money that we just saved from Roberts cut. I'm talking two years max 5 million for him but rather throw a 2 year deal like Almo got from the Boys this year (3.5 for two years with nothing guaranteed next year) at Foster.

No one is beating down Fosters door after he has missed games the past three years so signing him would be for depth only but for this team it makes sense.If say the bottom falls out and Matt Jones gets injured again does anyone want Pierre Thomas or Chris Thompson starting for us? I don't, not if we could have Foster doing that for one-two games.

In between that time, Foster spelling Jones for 5-10 carries a game could work out well. Now again that's with Foster having to pass a physical and actually be able to play which who knows with his body but with the state the running backs are in I think it's our best option and adds a little more punch to this group then Thomas does.

Or what I would really like to see is now that the Boys have Zeke, they cut Almo and we pick him back up. But since he's not a free agent very hard to be sure that happens. But I do see that as a possibility. I do not believe when they signed Almo they expected to draft Zeke otherwise why did they do that and I think that they drafted Zeke thinking they will give him 15-25 carries a game, so Almo might be a cut in camp after all time will tell but can see it happen

They could make a contract that makes it higher this year, but no one ever does it that way ;)

I don't see any OL/NT upgrades that people want.  We don't have world beaters at some positions, but with a possible exceptio of a few cuts that haven't happened yet, I don't see anymore FA's coming our way, except a possible PThomas signing.

Mark me as another confused as to this love affair some seem to be having with Boldin. We have a deep and varied receiver  corp. Frankly, we don't have room for another starter or even third receiver... even if we cut Garcon. After all, if we cut Garcon it is likely because Doctson is showing such promise as a rookie that he is ready to fill that position... then in the slot you have Crowder and your speed guy is Desean. You don't sign Bolden to be a fourth or fifth receiver. Your fourth or fifth receiver needs to be a special teamer and hopefully someone you can groom into a more productive role.

I mean, we really dodged a bullet when DJax fell in our lap. Can you imagine the last two yeears with Roberts starting as the #2 and no DJax? Yikes.

Last year, I hate that you made me.  No DJax (or Reed) and we don't see any same development out of Cousins.  Means we would have gambled with a 2nd rounder (or Lynch in the first) and had a competition and uncertainty, and been feeling very very different about this team.  (insert smiley that's spinning and flailing arms). 

2014?  Ehh, at 4-12 wouldn't have changed too much.  Maybe we finish a spot above the Raiders in the draft and take Amari Cooper and not Scherff.  Being a FFB (Fan of the Fat Boys), I like the way it went.

Archived