Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I admit, I was wrong about Joe Barry

kgor93

This isn't knee jerk, we all knew we were short on talent but to let a team that couldn't do anything for a month come into our house and drive it non stop down our throats is pathetic.

Indeed.  During that half season, the Packers needed a Hail Mary vs. a not great Lions team that didn't make the playoffs and honestly, isn't very good.

Packers struggle to protect, their receivers have been called out for drops and not getting separation, their RBs haven't gotten going recently, Lacy had a broken rib, and what happens?

They literally do everything well on offense in our house during the playoffs.  How the hell does that happen?  Minnesota's D is better than ours, they have a good defensive coach as their HC.  And they hold an ON FIRE Seattle team and win that game if not for a bad kick or Adrian Petersen fumbling.

The other thing that enrages me? We have Darrel Young and you see how Kuhn was able to help open holes for Cobb (WR playing at RB)?  

Not surprised. I predicted Rodgers to torch us because I lost hope in Joe Barry weeks ago. It's nice he can look great in the first quarter, but what about the rest of the game? Our defense hasn't improved. It's regressed. Most of his games wasn't against any top tier pro offenses. Except Jets, Pats and Panthers and we all know what happened in those games. No different today.

It has a lot of to do with Joe Barry not making any serious adjustments in time and today is further proof.

You can only ride patchwork players for so long. Eventually you run into someone who takes advantage of it.

Barry did as well as one could reasonably expect. This D doesn't have a single player on it that scares another O or dictates gameplans. They have some nice players, B level players like Kerrigan, Breeland, Baker but no real studs. And the secondary there isn't one guy on it except Breeland that would even start on another team.

No. It started for me when Mr. 0-16 was hired. I got banned because I was very vocal about how much I hated the hiring. I may get banned again after I flip out when he keeps his job.

He will keep his job. Barry and the defensive crew did a pretty good job this year esp. considering all the injuries to the defensive backfield. We were supposed to be Culliver, Hall, Breeland, with Goldshon and Ihenacho at safety.

We ended up with Breeland, Blackmon (off the street FA) Dunbar (UDFA Converted WR) Goldson and Hall. There are things to address, but overall, he did okay. He and his staff have been amazing teachers. I don't know where they rank, but they are many levels above what we had with Haslett.

Today was one of those don't blitz days. I suspect when Barry finally did, they knew it was coming and ran wide. 

The corners seemed off most of the day, Rodgers did not seem pressured much. Safety aside I am not sure we even put a helmet on him. 

He played it conservative. We didnt get our FF, and we were toast. 

So many people have ridiculous expectations of what a coach can do. Nobody turns water into wine. Talent wins in this league. Even Bellicheck's teams look bad when his best players are out.

I heard this **** when Hasbeen was the coach. People defended him for years. Justified why he sucked. It's going to be the same **** now, and it's going to be what holds the team back.

I was confused by the strategy.   Early on Rodgers was pressured.  It led to a safety, near sacks, near INTs etc etc.....then for some reason it seemed like Berry decided they would rush 4 the rest of the game and refused to deviate.   You are going up against Rodgers, with a highly suspect secondary.  If there is no pressure, there is no way you can expect this secondary to cover even a mediocre WR core (which is what Green Bay has, btw).  

I just didn't understand the strategy.

I was confused by the strategy.   Early on Rodgers was pressured.  It led to a safety, near sacks, near INTs etc etc.....then for some reason it seemed like Berry decided they would rush 4 the rest of the game and refused to deviate.   You are going up against Rodgers, with a highly suspect secondary.  If there is no pressure, there is no way you can expect this secondary to cover even a mediocre WR core (which is what Green Bay has, btw).  

was awful to say the least

also, to not be able to stop the run game, sometimes you can blitz to stop the run too

A disappointing day, but considering we even made the playoffs with the likes of street free agents keeping us afloat, I'll allow for a bad day in the playoffs. It's his first year, and a playoff year to, so I've give him a solid meh/10 and another year while we work on player personnel.

defense was bad all year. They got a lot of turnovers to mask it in the last half of the season. Unfortunately Rogers wasn't Kellen Moore. I don't know why Barry didn't call more pressures in this game. People have been beating Green Bay by pressing receivers and getting Rodgers. We played off a lot and just gave up tons of quick swing passes, very frustrating to watch.

They were better than last year, and can obviously get better with more talent though.

Not getting into this tonight. 

Nobody should be eating any crow on Barry. Still a lot of major question marks the majority of the season. 

Barry should be going nowhere. Deserves another year for being a part of this. As do most all the coaches come to that whatever concerns I have with some of them.  

All bets are off the second season like. 

No more to add right now. Not the time. 

Hail. 

Yup.   He went back to his default soft defense.  Trying to the score instead of trying to stop the drive.   Went completely away from what was working.   Rodgers has been playing poorly under pressure and they needed to just be relentless all day.   The D is definitely having talent issues, but Barry got outcoached today.  Or he outcoached himself.

i was just as pissed with our inability to stop the run boys and girls but again.  First year coach, major injuries, I want to see this D another year.  Totally disapointed in Kerrigan today, he got owned and held a few times I might add.  But he needs to do better, especially for the money he is getting paid. 

Archived