Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Gun Control Debate Thread

Dont Taze Me Bro

46 minutes ago, tshile said:

You want to go down the road of making societal costs the burden of only those participating in it?

im game. Don’t think you’ll like the results though. 

Not necessarily but interested in other views on the subject

That's how we find answers, right?

50 minutes ago, tshile said:

You want to go down the road of making societal costs the burden of only those participating in it?

im game. Don’t think you’ll like the results though. 

You want to go down the road of claiming that the effects of some people's desire to walk around carrying lethal weaponry is society's cost? :) 

I mean, that is how we get to our current situation. Thousands of dead people is simply the price that other people have to pay, so that some people can have something. 

How do you feel, about the results of the policy we have now?

10 hours ago, tshile said:

Theft doesn’t warrant civilians rushing to the rescue with guns. 

400$ worth of nail guns isn’t worth someone losing a life over. 

I agree.  And I really don't like the shooting at the tires.  If I were king, I'd charge them with wreck less discharge or something.  Not a crazy penalty but enough to send a message.  $1000 fine or something.   

All that said, I am fine with a few guys calling the police and surrounding the guy until police get there.  Now if the thief endangers their lives attempting to flee, then game on.  But aim for center mass.  And a gun should never be pulled until you have already decided deadly force is needed.  Pulling a gun as a threat or warning is not right.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LD0506 said:

You're such an absolutist, it's really part of your charm 😁

It’s dumb for the same reason making poor people fund wellfare is dumb. Or fat people fund insurance for fat related health issues. Or making education be funded only by people with kids. 

I get that people are angry angry about the gun issue. That doesn’t make this a good idea. 

Attempted Robber Shot Dead By Woman With Concealed Carry License

CHICAGO - A man who tried to rob a woman who has a concealed carry license on the South Side ended up dead Tuesday morning after the woman shot him once in the neck. Chicago police reported the fatal shooting that followed an attempted armed robbery at 5:44 a.m. in the 500 block of West 103rd Street in the city's Fernwood neighborhood.

Initial information from police indicates the man, a 19-year-old approached the 25-year-old woman while she was standing at a corner and displayed a weapon while attempting to rob her.

Even though the woman was able to respond in time to shoot the would-be robber, the man was still able to flee a block east of the location before he was located and taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn, where he was later pronounced dead.

Click on the link for the full article

Former LSU lineman shot by dog during Mississippi hunting trip, has leg amputated

Matt Branch was on an annual duck and deer hunting trip near Eagle Lake in Mississippi when he was accidentally hit by a blast from his shotgun, which he had left loaded in the bed of his pickup truck, according to Micah Heckford of Baton Rouge in a report from the Clarion Ledger. 

Heckford says a Labrador named Tito jumped onto the truck bed, "stepped on the safety of Branch's shotgun and pulled the trigger." He says the 12-gauge shotgun shell fired through the side of the truck and hit Branch's left thigh. He says Branch has since had the leg amputated and is expected to recover.

Click on the link for the full aritcle

58 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I'm against the 10-round ban anyway.  But what are we supposed to do with all the banned guns if this passes?  Just destroy them and take the financial loss?

Things like this are what make me reconsider voting Dem.

States have done buybacks I believe. 

The center-right will have to concede on some policy measures in a bargain with the left to take down the cancerous hard right. I think gun control is one of those issues where you don’t have to agree with the left, but realize that we are right now in a gun regulation environment that is extremely right-wing. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

States have done buybacks I believe. 

The center-right will have to concede on some policy measures in a bargain with the left to take down the cancerous hard right. I think gun control is one of those issues where you don’t have to agree with the left, but realize that we are right now in a gun regulation environment that is extremely right-wing. 

Some have.  Also NJ just passed a magazine size ban with no buy back.  As far as I know, not a single one has been turned in.

I know I will have to concede on some things to defeat the hard right.  A ban that would outlaw ~80% of my firearms is a step too far.  Put that up and I will vote R every time.  People can disagree with my position but that doesn't change it.  Want my vote?  Be careful how Left you go.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

In terms of handguns, there isnt really a way to do one with the other.  Glock 19 for example, one of the most popular handguns there is.  

Seriously?  It's physically impossible to design a 10 round magazine for that weapon?  

I'd have serious doubts about that, but I suppose it's possible I could be wrong. (There's a first time for everything.)

And I suppose I should qualify my statement to be "a 10 round magazine which cannot be easily increased in capacity". I could see how that might be tougher standard to meet. 

Within two decades, close to 90% of Americans will be living in urban areas. This is an issue on which the left can bypass federal inaction and use local/state measures to change gun laws. 

To the center right people, I’m sorry but the extreme right took gun deregulation to a point that’s created a Hell world scenario in the US. You aren’t getting appeasement from the left on this when people closer to your ideology are hell bent on continued deregulation of a product that is creating an epidemic found nowhere else in the developed world.

The NRA experiment of total gun deregulation is a massive failure and slowly but surely becoming a major political loser in almost every major urban cluster.

Edited by No Excuses

37 minutes ago, Larry said:

Seriously?  It's physically impossible to design a 10 round magazine for that weapon?  

I'd have serious doubts about that, but I suppose it's possible I could be wrong. (There's a first time for everything.)

And I suppose I should qualify my statement to be "a 10 round magazine which cannot be easily increased in capacity". I could see how that might be tougher standard to meet. 

Many handguns are designed to hold more than 10 rounds.  Yes you could make a magazine that would have a spacer so a 15 round gun could be made to hold 10 rounds.  Or I could only put 10 in my 15 round gun.  The ways to make this technically possible are many.  And the ways to get around it are twice as much.

20 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Within two decades, close to 90% of Americans will be living in urban areas. This is an issue on which the left can bypass federal inaction and use local/state measures to change gun laws. 

To the center right people, I’m sorry but the extreme right took gun deregulation to a point that’s created a Hell world scenario in the US. You aren’t getting appeasement from the left on this when people closer to your ideology are hell bent on continued deregulation of a product that is creating an epidemic found nowhere else in the developed world.

The NRA experiment of total gun deregulation is a massive failure and slowly but surely becoming a major political loser in almost every major urban cluster.

If you view it as an either/or topic, you better motivate the hell out of your base.  Because gun control motivates the hell out of the Right.  Or drop the 10-round rule.  Most I know agree with the other thoughts.  Or at least hate them less.  But a ban on 80% of guns will cause you to lose another election.  And without a door to door search, you can't enforce it.  

29 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

why does anyone need a gun that has more than ten bullets?

what real difference does it make if it accepts magazines?

I can easily make extended ones,or swap them out