Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Gun Control Debate Thread

Dont Taze Me Bro

On 1/24/2019 at 4:18 PM, visionary said:

my GOD this man is a CRIMINAL GENIUS!!!

Moriarty, Blofeld, Dr. Doom, even Fu Manchu have NOTHING on this guy.
I mean,,  SOMEHOW he figured out how to get around strict gun laws when they are not consistent from place to place!

Think about it ... the level of planning it takes to drive to a place not far away where the guns can be bought legally is already enough to stop most crooks, but the brilliance it takes to then put the guns in his car and DRIVE THEM INTO THE RESTRICTED ZONE..   i mean,, it is mind boggling enough already,, but then out take it one more step and sell them QUIETLY from the very same vehicle while parked in the VERY place where people park cars! 

****ING GENIUS!
i mean..  how will any prison ever hold this man?

hey gun people,. all of your arguments about strong gun laws in small isolated places are ****ing STUPID compared to this GENIUS.

~Bang

Edited by Bang

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

We've already made it illegal to shoot at police yet it happens anyway.  This shows that criminals won't follow the laws so why make any more of them?

all laws get broken, most of them a lot....but of course we don't do away with them or cease making new ones just because of that....if you're raising kids and you have specific rules about a specific matter and they break them anyway, even repeatedly, i don't advise you cease with rule-making or accepting the importance of rules or even change the rule they are breaking--thought sometimes you might

having the dialogue about the "why" of a rule and which rules might work best for what situations is obviously a thing

to further the family example, when any group struggles with a matter over a very long time that continues to cause serious discomfort and all the arguments and remedies applied to date have only yielded results that are a mixed bag or worse,  then it may be suggested that the group choose and implement something more out of their box ---try something different---even quite different---than what you have been doing if the best efforts you've been able to bring to the table to date are still not working satisfactorily....

25 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I was being sarcastic.  That was the stupid argument used by NRA folks.

I'm probably the most pro-gun person here and even I know that argument is dumb.

:ols: :806:... good to know...it was early :P, but when i first replied, i ended my first sentence saying the premise was ridiculous, then edited it out...i do hear that view a lot, even from people most wouldn't think of as stupid

bottom line---i'm getting slower :D 

• Like 1

What are the chances the Dems use gun control as part of these coming negotiations.  Would the people on the Left support wall funding if it included some strict gun control laws?

I personally would like them to push to at least get some real, non-partisan studies done.  I feel like they shouldn't have to give up too much to get that.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Thoughts and Prayers to Oklaholma law enforcement officers.

Not really anything new.  Other states have forms of this also.  It's hard to say what, if any, effect this has towards the rate of LEO's being shot.  You can find plenty of "studies" that show completely different conclusions.  

*Note:  This does not mean I support this new law, only what the effects will be.

• Like 1

Accused gunman's lawyer claims repo men had the wrong car

The 57-year-old man accused of shooting at two men repossessing his Mercedes Benz is being held without bond in the Broward County Jail, but his lawyer says the recovery agents were towing the wrong car.

At Juan A. Barquero’s first court appearance Saturday, Broward Judge Jennifer Hilal told his defense attorney what was at stake.

“This is a punishable by life [in prison] crime,” she said.

Barquero’s attorney told the judge the black 2010 Mercedes E350 was not supposed to be repossessed.

Barquero’s home, in the 6100 block of Southwest 190th Avenue in Southwest Ranches, is surrounded by a fence with a gate.

His lawyer said Barquero had no reason to believe the two men were repossessing the car when they broke through the gate and hooked up the Mercedes about 1 a.m. Thursday.

According to the Davie police report, Barquero was armed with a handgun when he and another man went outside to confront the men and ordered them to return the car.

With their hands in the air and saying they wanted no trouble, the men identified themselves as employees of Gryphon Recovery, showed their credentials and said they had orders from a bank to repossess the car, investigators said.

Barquero said, “he did not care and, again, ordered the victims at gunpoint to lower his car,” the report stated.

Barquero fired seven shots at the tow truck as it drove away, police said.

One shot hit the Mercedes and six other shots shattered the tow truck’s rear window, investigators said.

The two men in the tow truck were not wounded. They pulled over in the 6300 block of Southwest 188th Avenue and called 911, police said.

Barquero’s attorney told the judge this was all a misunderstanding but she disagreed.

“The allegations are that as the tow truck is driving away he shot seven rounds into the tow truck, one of them hitting the driver’s side headrest,” Hilal said. “I find probable cause exists for the charges [and] I’m going to be holding him, no bond.”

Click on the link for the full article

11 minutes ago, twa said:

I wonder why they settled on 10?

Probably because they don't know anything about guns.  Almost all semi-auto pistols hold more than 10 rounds in standard mags, I guess CCW holders are supposed to just walk around half loaded. 

My state of Colorado already banned high-cap magazines years ago after the Aurora shooting.  I had to travel out of state to get extended mags for my pistols and drums for my ARs.  I only use them at the range, and fortunately nobody there gives af. 

Edited by Chew

2 minutes ago, Chew said:

My state of Colorado already banned high-cap magazines years ago after the Aurora shooting.  I had to travel out of state to get extended mags for my pistols and drums for my ARs.  I only use them at the range, and fortunately nobody there gives af. 

so are you a outlaw or did they just ban the sale of them?