Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage & Interactive Game Day Thread: 2015 Redskins at Giants (write-up) is

JimmiJo

You got people acting like they're not in the tank for someone while calling people "fanatics" in a one sided call out, ridiculous calls for the coach to play a person who isn't even active, and people calling a player on our team a bum and implying they don't "root" for a player on our team (as if you can't root for multiple people on this team).

This board man....

I laughed when someone stupidly suggested we sign cousins to a 4 year contract if he kept playing like he did in the dolphins game and I'm laughing at the notion of sitting him now.

Like it or not, he's the guy our staff felt was the most likely guy to be in our future plans. You have to give him at least 8 games, half a season, unless he puts down 2 or 3 games like this in short order.

A QB carousel does nothing for this team.

My thoughts on the game:

1. Cousins played very poorly.  He missed a couple TDs by underthrowing receivers, and the Giants pass D was attrocious.  He had a big pocket to work with up until the 4th quarter and every one of his passes farther than 10 yards were off target and receivers had to adjust too.  Its week 3 and hes young, but in week 8 he cant do that.

2. Gruden is a terrible reactionary coach.  I know Matt Jones had a big game last week, but going away from your sure handed starter who has proven himself time and time again in Morris concerns me because it shows Gruden hasnt learned from last year, when he just yanked QBs around.  Jones has now fumbled it twice, and in this game did no better than Morris.

3. Joe Barry's defense is made to bend but not break.  This works, but only if you have the lead, or are tied.  When behind in games it is a miserable failure that actually serves to hurt you further.  Giving an 6 yard cushion on 4th and 2 is absolutely stupid.  And we have 1 turnover in 3 games, which will continue at that abysmal pace until Barry actually presses more in coverage.

4. This coaching staff is terrible at making changes.  The game plan that worked the first 2 games wasnt going to work tonight, which is fine.  What isnt is that neither the offensive coaches nor defensive coaches decided to try and change anything, until it was far too late.

5. All of the above 4 said, this game was a game the Redskins were destined to lose.  Anything that COULD go wrong, did go wrong.  Blocked punt, check.  Well defended pass that bounces around and somehow receiver catches for TD? Check.  Bad officiating ruining a couple big plays? Check.  Early Kirk INT for easy TD? Check.  Fumble out of the back of the end zone for TB? Check.  

6. In all, despite the failures by the defense in reality they gave up 23 points(the short field after the INT isnt on them), and 7 of those was the fluke bounce to Randle, and another 7 was a play where Breeland was maybe 2 inches from the stop and actually had his hand on the ball.  

7.  A miserable performance was 32-21, not the 42-7 we are used to.  Thats actually a major step up.

8.  The pass protection was fantastic up until the Redskins were behind by so far everyone knew they had to pass.  Kirk had all day to throw in the first 3 quarters.

I think that people will find out that this team is not as bad as this loss, and that the Giants are better than their 0-2 record indicated. Anybody who thought we were making the playoffs this year may have their expectations adjusted, but I think we will see a better performance next week.

I have to chuckle at some of the most ignorant comments I've seen. Fanboys truly do live on ExtremeSkins..  One bad loss and the same ole' drum gets taken out.. I have to say atleast you're constant at becoming one of the worst fan bases in the NFL.  Blaming a QB as the number one reason for this loss. 

It was the quarterback that lost the game.  Just what the hell were you watching?

Cousins looked a little shaky, but if he can smooth out a few rough edges, this team looks legit.

Just a lot of bad luck tonight. Not our night.

Bet we come out and give it to philly next week. Jones pops off for another 100+

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. Kirk has no brain like the scarecrow (forces throws at inexplicable moments), no heart like the tin man (not enough fire), no nerve like the lion (craps bed in prime time games). He doesn't have the stuff of a legit QB1. Like Rex, system guy who can get you a game or two, no chance he is an answer.

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. Kirk has no brain like the scarecrow (forces throws at inexplicable moments), no heart like the tin man (not

It was the quarterback that lost the game.  Just what the hell were you watching?

I watched the whole game, from a point of view that isn't distorted by my undying devotion for a broken QB from the past. That is how

What was you looking at? RG3 sucks he's where he needs to be. Kirk is the QB that's who I'm rooting for.

Please.... WTF are you watching???... do root for more interception from Kirk Cousin. kirk is who the **** we all know he is! A ****ing back up and so is McCoy. A lot of fans around here are delusional thinking that we always have some damn 3rd or 7th rd pick QB on the bench as the savior who could be the next Tom Brady.

Do i think RG3 is the ****ing answer IDK. The dude can't stay ****ing healthy for an entire season. Do I think Gruden system fits RG3 skill set? No! Absolutely not!

Gruden  game plans seems the same with no adjustments. 

RG3 needs to show he can stay healthy. Rg3 got hurt in 2014 second game in jax.  RG3 Worked his butt off to get back on the field, but showed to me that year he can't stay healthy. Now I'm thinking alright Rg3 is the starter for 2015 which is his last chance,because if he can't stay healthy the entire season in 2015 then we can depart. Well they throw Rg3 behind a spotty lines with his best LT on the side line, and a LT who will not make the team  protecting his blind side. But hey dude, I'm going to sit back and watch the interception pile up, but I hope Cousin gets better because I'm a Redskins fan..... But I doubt he does. HTTR 

I have to chuckle at some of the most ignorant comments I've seen. Fanboys truly do live on ExtremeSkins..  One bad loss and the same ole' drum gets taken out.. I have to say atleast you're constant at becoming one of the worst fan bases in the NFL.  Blaming a QB as the number one reason for this loss.

Having trouble parsing this. Are you saying the QB who threw two terrible interceptions no missed multiple wide open receivers deep ISNT the number one reason for this loss?

Having trouble parsing this. Are you saying the QB who threw two terrible interceptions no missed multiple wide open receivers deep ISNT the number one reason for this loss?

I'm simply saying this was a team effort loss. From the blocked punt to the poor field position, to the first Interception, through the secondary that looks like a MASH unit on steroids. There was many reasons for this loss including Kirk, as there was many reasons for last weeks win.

That guy is delusional. I know if Rg3 read reed open he makes the play with his arm strength. But hey Gruden is working himself out of a job. When everyone still sees the team is chicken **** still without RG3 out of the line up then maybe Gruden is gone .

[/qu

ote]

Your a damn idiot then..Rg3 couldn't get out of his damn own way...how many times has that bum been sacked? The Redskins have no deep threat with out Jackson...

O by the way at least he could connect to jackson better than cousin. 

Cousins isnt a rookie. He is a 4 year player. We all know what he is by now, and it isnt going to change. I have no doubts in my mind he could play in this league for another 8 years as a solid backup. But hes not a starter. Doesnt have the moxie/skillset or whatever else you need to be a no.1. That doesnt mean he sucks, it just means he isnt a starter. We could get Mark Brunell back in here to throw 5 yard passes off playaction if that is what our passing offense will be from here on out. The worst possible thing you can have happen in a ball control offense is turnovers. If he keeps turning it over, he shouldnt be starting.

But lets keep labeling people fanboys in the face of criticism for poor play.

Cousins isnt a rookie. He is a 4 year player. We all know what he is by now, and it isnt going to change. I have no doubts in my mind he could play in this league for another 8 years as a solid backup. But hes not a starter. Doesnt have the moxie/skillset or whatever else you need to be a no.1. That doesnt mean he sucks, it just means he isnt a starter. We could get Mark Brunell back in here to throw 5 yard passes off playaction if that is what our passing offense will be from here on out. The worst possible thing you can have happen in a ball control offense is turnovers. If he keeps turning it over, he shouldnt be starting.

But lets keep labeling people fanboys in the face of criticism for poor play.

That's the point I'm making.

I'm not a fanboy. All i'm saying RG3 may not be the answer, but Kirk, and McCoy I feel is are good back ups. RG3 has the highest potential. Many people I bet you feel they can make something of RG3. I put RG3 with a Chip kelly offense I bet he flourishes. I rather a system be in place for RG3 skill set instead of him trying to be Aaron rodger type. 

I'm not a fanboy. All i'm saying RG3 may not be the answer, but Kirk, and McCoy I feel is are good back ups. RG3 has the highest potential. Many people I bet you feel they can make something of RG3. I put RG3 with a Chip kelly offense I bet he flourishes. I rather a system be in place for RG3 skill set instead of him trying to be Aaron rodger type. 

Holy **** I'm so over the Chip Kelly **** lol

That offense is predicated on getting the ball out as quickly as possible. Do you see how quickly Bradford passes the ball? That is the main thing 10 is completely awful at. 

Let's set the record straight here.. Jackson has been injured all year, so that is a assumption... Secondly RG3 and his dad walked into the coaches office and said he wasn't running the Pistol again ever.. Let's not rewrite history. RG3 would be horrible in Chip's offense as it depends on the QB making a quick read on the play, instead of a WR predetermined before the snap.

Holy **** I'm so over the Chip Kelly **** lol

That offense is predicated on getting the ball out as quickly as possible. Do you see how quickly Bradford passes the ball? That is the main thing 10 is completely awful at. 

I've said the same. RG3 would be a DISASTER in the Chip Kelly offense. Chip would bench him after a quarter.

Interesting one "I put RG3 with a Chip kelly offense I bet he flourishes."

I'll pay to see that.

We'll if were going to go 3-13 or whatever the redskins go this year. I rather Rg3 be at the helm, and see one last time what RG3 could do. The offensive line is much more improved, But when i think about it maybe it's best RG3 sit on the bench. RG3 needs those mental reps.

Really, just one more time. Give me a break, the dude is washed up. He needs to go away so we can stop this ridiculous notion. Sorry Dude, he sucks worse than Kirk. Plain and Simple.

Yeah if he's able to go somewhere  where an offense minded coach is like Chip I believe he will be a great QB. You'll might then be sitting her saying hey he just didn't work out here. My question would be why, and did we put him in the best system to succeed? Everyone knows this isn't the system for him. Yeah you may be right he sucks worst than Kirk in this Offence. I think if Kirk succeds in this offense this year then we release Griffin and move on. If Kirk sucks in this offense we move on from Gruden.  Boom done deal.

We won't know if Griffin would succeed in a Chip Kelly offense. Excuse he's not a free agent until at least next year, at which point he won't be able to reenroll in a college program because that's where Chip the Genuis is likely to be running his offensive offense next year

Archived