Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage & Interactive Game Day Thread: 2015 Redskins at Giants (write-up) is

JimmiJo

For me it's not the loss, it's how they lose, as usual.. A blocked punt, a god awful early INT, a fumble inches from the goal line, a ball bounces off shoulder pads and the opponent grabs a TD out of it, a near miss onside, a near miss fumble recovery, a near miss interception.. Just the same ol' crap that always plagues bad teams..

Every week it's like watching the college upset in the making, yet it very rarely actually happens.. At least last night it was like the college blowout, so no real hope 5 minutes after they kicked off.. Yay for small victories I guess..

I wanted to believe that things would be different, that we were better and would dominate but no, we just keep hurting ourselves. Penalties, INT, no adjustments... I still think we improved from last year and it's a step in the right direction but we are still an awful football team. I don't believe Cousins is the answer. He is not bad but he isn't good either. Not good enough to win football games on a consistent basis, his mistakes are too costly and often comes when we need him to step up and make plays. On the bright side, our Offensive line is playing well and we must stick with the run.

I'm not sure what to think anymore, losses don't have the same effect on me as they used to. It just feels normal...so yeah, I'll keep watching but we are most likely going to suck and have the occasional unexpected victory. Same old same old...

When was this? I don't remember that

I think onsides kicked out of bounds was a rekick for many decades, ending 10 to 15 years ago. Google is no help. 

The ball was moved back 5 yards, and teams were free to try again. The ball still only had to go 10 yards. 

Now kicking out of bounds deliberately would never work, but it did afford teams multiple chances to land the onside if the try happened to end up out of bounds. Now its one try and done. 

Maybe someone else can confirm. 

For anyone who is so doom and gloom over this game, I have to say, if you thought that after winning 7 games in 2 years we wouldnt have a SINGLE game this year where we played poorly, then you probably belong in one of those places where they have nice men in white coats to show you to your room.

Ross needs more snaps. I know this is difficult because Crowder needs snaps, Grant has needed snaps for a year, and Roberts can block on running plays...but that play Ross made at the end of the game to (if I remember correctly, I was drinking heavily at a sports bar) break a tackle and scoot out of bounds to stop the clock...when all hope was lost, when we were essentially just trying to get out of the game...it said something. It was not only a GOOD football play, and one that showed heart, but it was also a SMART football play, a heads-up play that other teams' players always seem to make but that ours never seem to execute. That needs to be rewarded. I see a lot of Pats games up here and they always have total nobodies filling in and looking like vets, playing smart and making plays our best players struggle to make. It's frustrating. So to see a guy thrust out there in real game action for the first time make a heads-up football play like that, it seemed like the kind of "aha" moment with a young nobody that we rarely have. Get him involved.

Roberts needs to go. Sorry but the drops have just gotten out of control. I don't bite the Gruden take of him being a good blocker. Is he, probably, but don't tell me our young guys grant, crowder and now Ross can't do a better overall job. Ross has show heart and that's what is needed in run blocking. You need to care and you need of course technique. But overall you need to care to block.

If Gruden preaches accountability then Roberts needs to sit or cut! And how much does that injury on our rookie ilb from Arkansas hurt now too.

Also. We need a true true gotta say it twice dt that creates havoc! We haven't had one since Mann.

Once again gotta see the picture in the long run. This is a marathon, Scott has a vision let's see and hope.

ConnSkins

-Ross is ultra talented with speed to kill. I don't understand how a guy like that goes undrafted let alone last on a teams practice squad? I know we seem to always have preseason crushes and he's been mine two years running but the kid has the goods. I don't know if he will ever evolve into an starting receiver but if he wants to the talent is certainly there.

ConnSkins

-Ross is ultra talented with speed to kill. I don't understand how a guy like that goes undrafted let alone last on a teams practice squad? I know we seem to always have preseason crushes and he's been mine two years running but the kid has the goods. I don't know if he will ever evolve into an starting receiver but if he wants to the talent is certainly there.

Cooley raved about him, claiming he could see Ross starting next year (if Garçon/Jackson are gone). Read that he spent a lot of time with Desean discussing football and that after being cut by the 'Skins and Bears, he realized the problem must be him - and so he worked very hard on his craft in the offseason.

Ross needs more snaps.  It was not only a GOOD football play, and one that showed heart, but it was also a SMART football play... I see a lot of Pats games up here and they always have total nobodies filling in and looking like vets, playing smart and making plays our best players struggle to make.

Do what?. "Smart" players?? On OUR team?? Im not sure that's allowed, by rule? :P Watching the (I think) Miami game yesterday, they punt.. Ball bounces at like the 20, nobody around but Dolphins, guy catches it out of midair at the 15.. Then about 3 seconds later, (after I imagine one of his mates with brains asked why he didn't let it bounce again and perhaps get closer to the goal line) he drops it, as if he didn't really catch it too soon.. Was shaking my head and thinking "yea, coaches really don't get paid enough.." :lol:

Archived