Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage & Interactive Game Day Thread: 2015 Redskins at Giants (write-up) is

JimmiJo

I'm getting to the point were anyone who uses the word 'fanboy' from either 'camp' will get an automatic warning for trolling. If you cant make your point without using that label on another poster maybe you dont actually have a point.

Good call. I respectfully submit the same treatment for use of the word "butthurt." Except for in this instance. 

That was a drive where Jones was picking up 5 and 6 yards per carry. We got too cute trying to pass on 1st and 3rd down to no avail. We should have just kept pounding the rock. 

That summed up my memories from the game.  I thought we were building an identity as an offense this season, then on the 1st play of the game they let me know it was only a dream.  

Five wide set the tone that 'we don't think we can run on them', for both teams to feel.  I'm sure coaches felt it would say 'we aren't afraid to throw it with Kirk', but that shows fear in itself.  Be who you are.

We could have hammered on them all night with Jones, IMO.  Use Alfred when Jones can't breathe.  Use Kirk for play action to take an occasional shot and on 3rd and medium.

The Giants may be better, but I have doubt that they could have stopped Jones all day.  That sets everyone up for success, from the offense to defense to special teams, everyone gets benefit when you hammer teams with the run.

People are flipping out.

It's one game.

Still got 13 games to go. Anything could happen.

Not really impressed with Gruden though, that's sort of loss seems like a coaching issue.

Disagree strongly. Anything can't happen. We can't win more game than we lose. We can't make the playoffs and we can't win the superbowl. Need to get as high a draft pick as possible.

The 106.7 guys said we have lost 18 of 22 in prime time. 

Cousins passes were off all night. Mostly behind WRs and under thrown.

I hate when we don't get helmets on the opposition QBs. Pressuring a QB seems mandatory on days our offense sucks. We touched Eli 2 times all night.

Our coaches clearly love them some Thompson and Crowder.

Our coaches clearly love them some Thompson and Crowder.

Crowder was excellent last night. He needs to see the field a lot going forwards along with Grant. Ross also needs to get snaps - hes the only guy we have until Jackson comes back who can really stretch the field vertically on the outside.

Roberts and Garcon probably will not be here next season, I would not bench Garcon but Roberts would not be seeing the field much if I was calling the shots. I'd have tried to trade him before we made yeh final cuts personally. Its not that he is a bad player but hes no better than Crowder and Grant right now and they both have far more upside and the potential to be part of our future which Roberts clearly is not.

Giants have won 23 games since 2012 including last night. 9-7, 6-10, 7-9, 1-2.... They have six of those wins against Washington. Please stop calling them a good team that was desperate last night. We are their fat "slump buster" sitting in the corner of the bar waiting to be picked-up and taken back to their place for a quickie. Embarrassing.

Giants have won 23 games since 2012 including last night. 9-7, 6-10, 7-9, 1-2.... They have six of those wins against Washington. Please stop calling them a good team that was desperate last night. We are their fat "slump buster" sitting in the corner of the bar waiting to be picked-up and taken back to their place for a quickie. Embarrassing.

Damn dude that brought back memories, please don't do that again.

Crowder was excellent last night...

I felt like it was almost a breakout game for both of them. Both had been getting touches / targeted but without much success.

Thompson was clearly in the game play with the presume scripted pick by Reed early in the game (which seemed like a bogus call, he should have some right to the space he was in).

Sure a lot of it was in garbage time, but even then its good to see the 2 kids making plays.

Let's not forget it may have been Ross's breakout game as well. Returning that kickoff, and later getting time at wideout, I am as excited about him as Thompson and Crowder. 

All this blame on Kirk. Hell the boy took us down the field and help score 21pts. How bout the D giving away 32. I do not believe I seen more than one blitz by Joe Barry's defense. But let all the rg3 boys blame it on Kirk. I guess it was his fault for the 2 point giveaway as well. WTF is wrong with you people.

This isn't real life. I don't understand how people can think this way?

It wasn't victory to make New York feel good about their team.

We gave 9 easy points to Giants and unnecessary turnovers. We had 3 drives that should have resulted in TDs. Gruden's game plan was not the problem. Poor execution. If Gruden would have had the team more prepared, we would have won this game.

I'm not going to have this knee-jerk reaction on Kirk because of one game. He wasn't accurate, but he made a lot good decisions. Despite Kirk's mistakes, I actually feel little more confident in the passing game than I did in the first 2 weeks because I was worried how Kirk would do if the running game wasn't working and had pass more often. Hopefully Kirk learns from those mistakes.

That summed up my memories from the game.  I thought we were building an identity as an offense this season, then on the 1st play of the game they let me know it was only a dream.  

When they trotted out that formation to start the game, I knew they weren't throwing deep either.  All I could see was a short out pass that was going to go for a pick 6. 

I wasn't online last night (and I see not everyone survived the evening) but per the game: I think we had enough suck to go around. Like Jay said (paraphrasing) "the loss was a team effort, like the win last week." And he included coaching.

I also expected performances like this would still occur during the season and have been saying so---they even occur for teams doing better for longer than ours. It's the NFL.

In an unstable franchise in particular that is still working to establish what it is other than "a loser", it is going to be like this (ups and down) until it's not and you'll only truly know if we've made it after the fact, which at best will take all season. No matter how many times reality is presented here, week to week and game to game, many act (win or loss) like they have Groundhog Day memories.

Even if we win the next 6 in a row (haha) it wouldn't mean "the bad times are over." We sucked in many ways last night. It was a regression. It doesn't intelligently call for some "throw out the QB and the HC" move, like I see many here went for, as easily predicted when we next sucked (especially from that certain demographic in particular).

But this loss does get a black check mark in Jay's & Kirk's column in my book, among others who flubbed it. It does not move me a "step closer" to wanting to see either of them replaced at this point. Just counting my ES days only, I've hung in there longer than this waiting to see Gibbs & Ramsey and Gibbs & Campbell make it, and MS & RG3 (and then Gruden) make it work.

Last night there was a commercial with beer cans and one had the Skins logo and the other had a logo commemorating the 25th anniversary of the Giants 1990 Super Bowl season.

And I thought that next year will be the 25th anniversary of the 1991 season.

The garbage we have largely endured in the past quarter century.......

Ok so I didn't get to see the whole game as I was working, but here is what I noticed:

This was a whole team failure. mistakes by almost every unit.

Overall though, I think the defense played ok

The bounces went new Yorks way

Breeland looked good despite giving up big plays, his coverage was solid.

Our wide receivers are not very aggressive.

Cousins didn't have a good game, but it wasn't terrible; it's obvious that at this point in his career he'll need a team effort to win. That's fine.

Can we get some interceptions please.

Great return by ross.

As per the usual, way too many flags in today's nfl.

Archived