Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NBC 4 - David Amerson RELEASED

Dan T.

This serves as yet another example to throw in the faces of the Shanny lovers that truly believe his exit was the result of Griffins wishes.

Oh right, I guess Shanny was overruled on this one by Danny too.

Sheesh..get OVER IT ALREADY. Amerson was drafted in PART because of the 2012 RGIII Trade...Shanny had NOTHING and tried a gamble that by the way WAS at the time a highly regarded prospect..

Any you conveniently disregard his drafting of 2 QB's in the same draft....where would be be NOW if not for THAT gamble.

Shanny hit some HR's and struck out too..give it a friggin rest already

New FO new TEAM..move on

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1495208-10-draft-prospects-the-washington-redskins-front-office-is-salivating-over

Amerson has regressed each year & was a bit of a reach where Shanny drafted him. Scott's just taking out the trash. :D

Personally, I wouldn't use the word "reach". He was, if anything, expected to be gone before the area we drafted him. It was a bad pack, but I don't like the word reach there.

That's semantics, I suppose, but I think of taking a guy way earlier than he should have gone being a reach. Not just any bad choice.

Amerson has regressed each year & was a bit of a reach where Shanny drafted him. Scott's just taking out the trash. :D

I know its probably a sin to say this, but in todays' MMQB ( I know how can you support PK in anyway) they talked about how bad the 2013 draft class was, this kinda justifies it a bit. Its a shame while he gave up a ton of deep throws in college he also had a ton of picks, and that unfortunately didn't translate to the pros.

I actually really liked the pick when we drafted him. The guy was turnover machine in college. Had 18 interceptions in 2 seasons. He also won the Jack Tatum award. He definitely got beat in college but I thought we could teach that out of him. It's the draft. You hit some and you miss some that's just how it goes. I wish him well on his next team.

I actually think Dunbar and Everett could be in their future plans here. Dunbar is obviously raw but it's rare a coaching staff asks someone to change a position that they don't see having a future with the team (see Lorenzo Alexander, Niles Paul, and Darrell Young). Plus coaches like players like that who went undrafted or were drafted late and then can be molded into a productive player for the team. Looks good on a resume and shows their eye for talent and an ability to be creative.

Do you think someone else will pick him up?

Maybe if they're desperate. Chances are better he is signed as a longshot by somebody next year and will have to compete for a roster spot. If I signed someone midseason, they would need to be someone who has shown they can pick things up quickly, and that's not Amerson unfortunately.

The problem for him is he has an image now and it isn't good. Tannehill did not hesitate to throw at him every single play when Hall went down last week, and it paid off with a quick 2-minute drive that led to a touchdown. Until he can prove he isn't a liability he has to wear that reputation. To prove he isn't a liability he'll need someone to take a chance on him and put him on the field in a game that matters. He has a lot of work do before any coach in this league is going to trust him enough to do that again.

I agree with its most in here. You don't perform, you don't stay no matter your draft position. I like that we are cutting losses. Scot has said all along he wants a "core" of players with a certain attitude and skill set. He wants players accountable for their play.

Been saying for weeks, the good teams cut their losses and move on. He's changing the culture. If you don't see that you are not looking. I love it.

Sheesh..get OVER IT ALREADY. Amerson was drafted in PART because of the 2012 RGIII Trade...Shanny had NOTHING and tried a gamble that by the way WAS at the time a highly regarded prospect..

Any you conveniently disregard his drafting of 2 QB's in the same draft....where would be be NOW if not for THAT gamble.

Shanny hit some HR's and struck out too..give it a friggin rest already

New FO new TEAM..move on

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1495208-10-draft-prospects-the-washington-redskins-front-office-is-salivating-over

I can't help but laugh at the ridiculousness of this post. Let's just say his home runs were far less than the misses. Not just here, Denver too. Offensive coach he is, Personnel man he is not.

Gotta love the logic that we HAD to draft this bust because of the Griffin trade. There were other gambles to take here my friend.

Damn, I know he has struggled but I'm kind of surprised.  I like the message though, if you ain't cuttin' it you ain't kickin' it with Redskin Nation!  Hail yeah!

I didn't understand why we drafted him so high in the first place.  He had alot of int's in college but had some major concerns in coverage fundamentals.  I had a feeling he would be just another Barnes/Crawford/Rambo/Thomas/Tryon/Bernstine/Horton/Moore/Gomes....phew!

I wanted Honey Badger.

The Crazy Nastyass Honey Badger?

I assume you are joking, but in case not, Cerrato had nothing to do with drafting Amerson.

Honestly, when can we not blame him for everything that's going on with the previous FO. There's plenty to blame him for, just not any personnel moves in the Shanny era (except the cap penalty).

I hate Vinny, but he's been gone for 5 years now (thank goodness). I don't know if there's a player that Cerrator actually brought in that's still on the team (I guess Darrel Young, Perry Riley, Deangelo Hall, and Kedric Golston)

I can't help but laugh at the ridiculousness of this post. Let's just say his home runs were far less than the misses. Not just here, Denver too. Offensive coach he is, Personnel man he is not.

Gotta love the logic that we HAD to draft this bust because of the Griffin trade. There were other gambles to take here my friend

Totally blew past the argument...we went after any/all secondary players we could because THAT was a weakness..got a QB,RB in 2012. Got Reed TE...NEEDED secondary (Most agreed with the strategy and that 2013 was a WEAK Draft)...well guess what..we DRAFTED Heavy secondary...with what we HAD after the RGIII trades.

You keep laughing...hard and long...keeps you from hearing the laughter generated by your non-rebuttal.

Read the posts and the bleacher report on the 2013 draft...Amerson WAS thought to be a GOOD to VERY GOOD pick...don't revise history because you have a *thing* for Shanny..Rambo was also considered a good gamble on a baller. The DC and DB coaches couldn't coach themselves outa a paper bag...THAT was the problem

Archived