Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NBC 4 - David Amerson RELEASED

Dan T.

Think about this....

Blackman comes in and beats out Amerson for a roster spot in one week! Blackman was probably supossed to be a one week band aid till Culliver got back from suspension. I would bet that one week ago the FO thought they would be releasing Blackman today. But  yesterday Amerson was lost again, so they decided to finally cut ties with him instead.

HTTR

Think about this....

Blackman comes in and beats out Amerson for a roster spot in one week! Blackman was probably supossed to be a one week band aid till Culliver got back from suspension. I would bet that one week ago the FO thought they would be releasing Blackman today. But yesterday Amerson was lost again, so they decided to finally cut ties with him instead.

HTTR

Not convinced at all by that. At this point, Amerson was the #4 corner at best. You'd want that guy to be able to play special teams. Don't think he ever showed that,let alone this past game.

At best, Amerson might improve over the course of the season and if the team were to move on from DHall at season end, come in as the #2,more likely #3. The coaches and talent evaluators clearly don't see that and after the lousy play giving up the touchdown vs Miami, I can see why.

I think this panned out exactly how they thought it would.

Not convinced at all by that. At this point, Amerson was the #4 corner at best. You'd want that guy to be able to play special teams. Don't think he ever showed that,let alone this past game.

At best, Amerson might improve over the course of the season and if the team were to move on from DHall at season end, come in as the #2,more likely #3. The coaches and talent evaluators clearly don't see that and after the lousy play giving up the touchdown vs Miami, I can see why.

I think this panned out exactly how they thought it would.

What are you not convinced by? Blackman came in one week ago. The fact that he was able to pick up the system enough to play in last Sundays game says a lot about Blackman. I think they where probably really impressed by Blackman, decided to keep him, and Amerson was the odd man out. Blackman is still on the roster, Amerson is not. Blackman took his roster spot because Amerson was not panning out.

What are you not convinced by? Blackman came in one week ago. The fact that he was able to pick up the system enough to play in last Sundays game says a lot about Blackman. I think they where probably really impressed by Blackman, decided to keep him, and Amerson was the odd man out. Blackman is still on the roster, Amerson is not. Blackman took his roster spot because Amerson was not panning out.

Scot already knew him (or at least of him ), so it wasn't a speculative punt. I'll bet they signed him with a view that he might at least be able to give them some of the production they needed from Amerson but weren't getting. One week isn't a lot of time, but they could've cut a fringe player if they needed another week to make up their minds. Didn't need it.

He was a ballhawk in college because he'd cheat and watch the QB, which is also why he got burned. I seem to remember him getting burned a lot in the NFL but not a single INT. Could be wrong, but I don't remember one.

He had a pick-6 @OAK in 2013, along with a pick vs Keenan Robinson vs SD that same year, but other than that, I don't remember any.

Damn, I know he has struggled but I'm kind of surprised.  I like the message though, if you ain't cuttin' it you ain't kickin' it with Redskin Nation!  Hail yeah!

Yeah, GM Scott and Coach Gruden are basically sending the message that if you don't perform, you won't play (or may be cut).

We've seen it so far this year:

Robert Griffin- wasn't performing so now he is the 3rd QB; usually inactive on gamedays

Spencer Long- wasn't performing well on the o-line; usually inactive on gamedays

Andre Roberts- kept dropping passes; didn't see an offensive snap against the Rams

David Amerson- kept getting beat in coverage; released by team

Kai Forbath- accurate kicker, but weak leg strength helped opposing team get good field position on kickoffs; released by team

Seems like a new era of accountability is taking shape on this team. :)

Amerson, Phillip Thomas and Bacardi Rambo....just awful, terrible drafting. Not one of them could play worth a damn. Amerson was so bad at the end of last year and he basically picked right up where he left off.

That draft is looking pretty brutal for is, no doubt. But Rambo's still in the league, Amerson will probably get picked up, so that's something.

Well would you look at that!

Fantastic news, I've posted here before that weekly fantasy players learned to target other teams WR's against us for one simple reason last year - David Amerson - and if he's gone then we have improved the team. I don't care about politics like what happened with our past draft picks because they were not made by the current GM. Amerson wish you the best but you were one hell of a liability for us and I'm not sad to see you go.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived