Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2015 Gameday Thread - Super Bowl 50: Carolina vs. Denver

ExoDus84

The NFL needs to look into the rules with penalties and time outs. The cowboys saved two timeouts by committing penalties late in the game. I get the first one stopping the clock, but if a penalty is declined, all timing rules should be in effect. Dallas jumped offsides on 3rd down, the Giants pick up the first down. The penalty is declined, but the clock stops and Dallas doesn't have to use a timeout. That doesn't make sense.

Giants should've ran the ball. Dumb decision there. You've stopped the clock, for a play that had a lower percentage chance to score than a running play. Now Dallas has more time to go down the field and potentially win the game. 

If they'd run the ball and failed, they could've used the entire play clock since the Cowboys don't have timeouts. Running more time off the clock before getting the same 3 points you ended up with anyway. 

Yeah, the refs have been pretty bad this game.

That being said, Eli is no Peyton. Peyton would not have thrown that ball. He would have realized that falling down and keeping the clock running was more valuable there.

Yup throwing that one away was a big mistake. Announcers haven't even thought of that.

Giants should've ran the ball. Dumb decision there. You've stopped the clock, for a play that had a lower percentage chance to score than a running play. Now Dallas has more time to go down the field and potentially win the game. 

Right? Just when I thought Dallas couldn't blow it any harder this game, the Giants just completely screw themselves over. Dumbest playcall I've ever seen. 

Given Eli's history, why bother putting him in that decision? I put this on the playcaller who doesn't know how to leave romoSUCKS and co. with as little time to do what they just did. Imagine if they had 40 less seconds to work with. SMH.

Yep that was a disaster. Romo is a master of those moments.

It was too easy for them

Edit: just like when you're behind in that scenario you want to extend the game as long as possible when you are ahead you have to shorten it as quickly as you can, within reason of course. Playcall made no sense

Archived