Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2015 Gameday Thread - Super Bowl 50: Carolina vs. Denver

ExoDus84

Don't get me wrong, Brady is a great QB, but what the Patriots do is remarkable. Reggie Wayne bailed because he wasn't having fun. This isn't about fun, this is about winning. Belichik is just far more disciplined, scheme savvy, and precise than everyone else. Meanwhile our owner fired a coach because he, the owner, wasn't having any fun.

But they're going to have trouble doing much stopping themselves. You can see that tonight.

Their run defense is a mess.  That surprises me.

Pittsburgh has controlled the ball the whole game.  If they hadn't shot themselves in the foot so often, they'd be in it.

But I don't think there are too many offenses that are as good as Pittsburgh's.

Shazier can play the run.  Their pass defense is a total disaster, but I think this Steelers defense will be able to defend the run fairly well.  The Patriots haven't made much of an attempt to run it though.  Their passing game has been almost flawless.

That punter has a leg.

Underthrew it by a ton.  But he shouldn't have been throwing that pass.

Their run defense is a mess.  That surprises me.

Pittsburgh has controlled the ball the whole game.  If they hadn't shot themselves in the foot so often, they'd be in it.

But I don't think there are too many offenses that are as good as Pittsburgh's.

Shazier can play the run.  Their pass defense is a total disaster, but I think this Steelers defense will be able to defend the run fairly well.  The Patriots haven't made much of an attempt to run it though.  Their passing game has been almost flawless.

That punter has a leg.

Underthrew it by a ton.  But he shouldn't have been throwing that pass.

Minus Pouncey, Bell and Bryant, Pitt is still a very good offense but there are a good number of teams in their class.

Minus the meltdowns, this should have been a 30 point performance on a night where New England controlled the ball really well. Not a good performance.

New England's pass D was bad to terrible for years until Revis and Browner arrived, and now they are both gone, and even Arrington. I don't think it's going to be a good defense.

headset issues again in NE.

If I were an opposing team I would just assume there will be an outage.

Belichik just said so.

I mean, they already took stewardship of the headsets away from the home team in the playoffs because of the Patriots. I don't understand why they haven't done it in the regular season, or why teams aren't pushing for it.

Don't get me wrong, Brady is a great QB, but what the Patriots do is remarkable. Reggie Wayne bailed because he wasn't having fun. This isn't about fun, this is about winning. Belichik is just far more disciplined, scheme savvy, and precise than everyone else. Meanwhile our owner fired a coach because he, the owner, wasn't having any fun.

that and the organization has been proven to cheat over and over. and now over. had to state it 3 times. as now with the headsets its a 3rd time. Just how they handle it is classless. Like my jet friend said last nights. its not about stretching the rule, its just about there being rules and then there being patriot rules.  They think they are above the law and that rules don't apply to them.  And biases aside he was so spot on.

headset issues again in NE.

If I were an opposing team I would just assume there will be an outage.

Belichik just said so.

The Steelers are filing a complaint with the league about it.

Tomlin basically said in the post-game PC that it pretty much happens every time they come to Foxboro.

You could tell he was peeved.

You could tell he was peeved.

Seems to happen a lot there in Gillette.

Similar to the whole deflateGate issue...why does the NFL pocket 40 MILLION bucks a season plus free equipment to slap a logo on the headsets but they can't hire 2 people to make sure they work at each venue? Why doesn't the Shield have more control of this process?

Seems like common sense to me. I guess they can say that the headsets seem to work everywhere else?

Archived