Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2015 Gameday Thread - Super Bowl 50: Carolina vs. Denver

ExoDus84

Given Eli's history, why bother putting him in that decision? I put this on the playcaller who doesn't know how to leave romoSUCKS and co. with as little time to do what they just did. Imagine if they had 40 less seconds to work with. SMH. 

Yeah, the play call was not the best. But, as soon as that ball is hiked, it's on the QB to make the right play. He did not.

lol.. Called that ****!! Conservative coaching will doom a ****ty team every time! Should of went for the throat when they had the chance! 3 point lead and they'd still be playing in OT.. Make em' score a TD and that's just what they'll do!

This is an excellent point. They would only play for a FG down by 3. Most coaches would.

Yep that was a disaster. romoSUCKS is a master of those moments.

It was too easy for them

Edit: just like when you're behind in that scenario you want to extend the game as long as possible when you are ahead you have to shorten it as quickly as you can, within reason of course. Playcall made no sense

Almost makes me feel good that there are coaches dumber than ours in our division. 

Question -possibly stupid question - if the seahawks recover that onsides, it doesn't count as the rams overtime possession right?

According to the rules, it does count as "opportunity to possess", so if the Seahawks were to recover, march down the field and kick a FG, they win.

A.R. 16.2 ONSIDE KICK

On the opening kickoff of overtime, Team A legally recovers the ball at the A41.

Ruling: A's ball, first-and-10 on A41. A kickoff is considered an opportunity to possess for the receiving team. Team B is considered to have had an opportunity to possess the ball.

A.R. 16.3 ONSIDE KICK

On the opening kickoff of overtime, Team A attempts an onside kick. A2 legally touches the ball at the A42 but muffs it and it is recovered by B1 at the A43.

Ruling: B's ball, first-and-10 on A43. Team A is not considered to have had an opportunity to possess the ball.

I'm not sure I agree with this because the onsides is only considered an "opporunity to posess" for the receiving team.   I think Carroll may be onto something here where if you're not confident your team is going to be able to stop the other from going down the field and at least kicking an FG, there's basically no disadvantage to an onsides kick in OT

I'm not sure I agree with this because the onsides is only considered an "opporunity to posess" for the receiving team.   I think Carroll may be onto something here where if you're not confident your team is going to be able to stop the other from going down the field and at least kicking an FG, there's basically no disadvantage to an onsides kick in OT

Yeah, when I saw it, I thought it was clever. 

But then he said it was an accident.

Dammit, I am liking what Quinn is doing down there in the ATL! In hindsight, he should have been our hire.

HTTR!

He's had too much success. We wanted a guy that was hungry. The kind of hunger that builds from having never won a single game as defensive coordinator. Barry is starving for greatness.

Archived