Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jumbo's Chop House: The official 2015 twitter MEGA thread, it's HUGE, feat: MC SweetTweetDelete and the MODifications, What not included, RGIII free

SWFLSkins

Brian Kerrigan

I get it LOL.

So not sure this is a real quote or not...  From Reddit Redskins page:

When asked "Jay, with eleven of the seasons best teams potentially in front of you, what runs through your head when preparing for your first year in the playoffs?"

Coach Gruden replied:

"That it's a shame we only get to beat four of them."

https://www.reddit.com/r/Redskins/comments/3zrtz9/with_all_the_pieces_in_place_its_time_for_some/

If true, I love it!!!!

Steve Wyche Retweeted

Getting ready, @wyche89! Watch #PFHOF16 Finalists announced live on @nflnetwork tomorrow! http://www.profootballhof.com/2016-finalists-revealed-on-thursday/?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=2016-Finalists-Revealed-Thursday&utm_campaign=2016-social-media 

CYESJ93WYAEJGdY.jpg

CSN Redskins @CSNRedskins 45m45 minutes ago

Count em! 3 #NFL Champs join @BMitchLiveCSN TONIGHT to talk Cousins, #Redskins and #GBvsWAS on SportsTalk LIVE.

CYEdmGlUoAIDQXY.jpg

michael phillips @michaelpRTD 47m47 minutes ago

Kirk Cousins looks to keep storybook season rolling:  read it in BRBN

michael phillips @michaelpRTD 47m47 minutes ago

Also, @World_of_Woody checks in with DeAngelo Hall on his improbable path to safety:  read it in BRBN

CSN Mid-Atlantic Retweeted

#dcRising: Redskins players turn out for #WizCavs http://ow.ly/WJi34  #WizardsTalk

CYFHpkpWYAAYCJW.jpg

NFL Media @NFLMedia 58s58 seconds ago

Hall of reason for Kirk Cousins' improvement: "Getting more reps, more confidence & just knowing he doesn’t have to look over his shoulder."

NFL Media @NFLMedia 31s31 seconds ago

Hall on if Kirk Cousins is long-term QB for Redskins: "Absolutely."

Lovie smith fired

Wait, really? He seemed to be good for Winston's early development, that's surprising. Even though I think he's the epitome of a "good ol' boys" network hiring.

The timing is also strange. Why not Monday? Makes me think someone they like more must have expressed interest in the job recently...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000618593/article/twitter-reaction-to-lovie-smiths-surprise-firing

Oddly enough I'm kind of bummed for their fans. I thought they were onto something....

Insane. Lovie Smith is a class act and an extremely underrated coach

Just like Chicago they will want him back. Hope he eventually ends up with an organization who appreciates him. Just noT in the NFC east please

Wait, really? He seemed to be good for Winston's early development, that's surprising. Even though I think he's the epitome of a "good ol' boys" network hiring.

The timing is also strange. Why not Monday? Makes me think someone they like more must have expressed interest in the job recently...

I think there's a decent chance someone wanted their OC and they dumped Lovie to promote him. He did good things with Jameis.

Do NOT agree with the move though. Lovie did nothing but improve the team from the number one pick to winning 6 games is progress.

Just watching D Hall on Total Access...says "Aaron just being on the field worries me..."... :lol: ...says he's liking the move but it challenging...more tackling, has to slow his feet and is learning more about angles...says he hit up Ronde Barber and Charles Woodson to get tips from guys who made the transition successful :) ...says there's a lot to process but he's learning quite a bit...guy's a real class pro off the field for all the trash talking...

there's a long history of hot/cold-love/hate on ES for him, some of us have been glad to have him each year as a flawed genuine high-grade talent in a otherwise perpetually week unit.....

Insane. Lovie Smith is a class act and an extremely underrated coach

Just like Chicago they will want him back. Hope he eventually ends up with an organization who appreciates him. Just noT in the NFC east please

Local boys are saying much of the team will be very disgruntled. Weird watching this kind of stuff and all the turmoil going on elsewhere, and not to us this year as so many expected (and at least a few hoped, in order to wash out a hated HC and at least some of his staff, if not others, too). Not only that, but we're looking like we're building a young stable platform with some real legs that really can form an on--field identity and a new coaching/management culture---all definitely moreso then 2012 to me (still early, I know).  This almost feels surreal.

Not very explosive out of the backfield with Morris and Thomas. Thompson at least lent some change of pace last week.

I agree. In fact I think Thomas will play as long as our run lasts if he is healthy. While I think Jones has bright future, his rookie mistakes might cost him a playoff run this year.

What happens if Morris gets injured in the first quarter and we've only Thomas and Thompson active? We're left without an RB capable of running between the tackles.

Why I think Jones makes the active roster and Thompson is likely to miss out.

I kinda agree with your logic IF Jones is healthy enough (because he's fumble prone right now as it is, I'd hate to see him get smashed in the hip and just lose the ball due to a lack of focus he's already struggled with healthy), but I have to say that PT has carried the load in the past and looked good running between the tackles recently.

ESPN NFL Nation @ESPN_NFLNation 14m14 minutes ago

Breaking down the wild-card playoff game: Packers at Redskins Read it in BRBN

HapHaszard ES @HapHaszard now

The Redskins set a team record for completions, finishing the season with 386 to surpass the previous record of 364 set in 2014.

The Redskins finished the season with a team passer rating of 102.0, one-tenth of a point shy of the team record of 102.1, set in 2012.

Redskins passers finished the 2015 season with an interception percentage of 2.0 percent, the third-lowest in team history.

A year after allowing 58 sacks, the Redskins held opponents to 27 sacks in 2015.

The Redskins had three different players record streaks of three consecutive games with a receiving touchdown for the first time since 1991

Defensive lineman Chris Baker recorded career highs in games played (16), sacks (6.0), forced fumbles (three) and fumble recoveries (two).

Cornerback Will Blackmon contributed career highs in tackles (46), solo tackles (37), forced fumbles (three) and interceptions (two).

CSN Redskins @CSNRedskins 29m29 minutes ago

Aaron Rodgers praises Jay Gruden for sticking with Cousins. #Redskins read it in BRBN  #RedskinsTalk

CYEkn-QUsAAgRor.png

michael phillips @michaelpRTD 37m37 minutes ago

Today is the 10th anniversary of the Redskins last playoff win.

Diane Chesebrough @DiChesebrough 1h1 hour ago

#Redskins New CB Cary Williams Will Contribute Immediately-> http://j.mp/1S4LKTg  @SportsJourney #NFL #NFCEast #HTTR

ESPN 980 @ESPNRadio980 1h1 hour ago

How do you like @KirkCousins8 busting out the #Redskins Starter jacket? @AlGaldi & @andypollin1 on @ESPNRadio980!

CYHQbcdWMAAOFOT.jpg

Blackmon made his first start as a member of the Redskins in Week 5 at Atlanta, recording his first forced fumble of the season.

C Thompson recorded career highs in rushing attempts (35), rushing yards (216), receptions (35), receiving yds (240) and receiving TDs 2

good article about McCloughan from perspective of GB: http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/dougherty/2016/01/06/former-packers-scout-revives-washington/78356722/

some of the text:

From 1994 through ’96, five current NFL general managers worked in the Green Bay Packers’ front office.

In retrospect, John Dorsey, John Schneider, Reggie McKenzie, Ted Thompson and Scot McCloughan were part of an uncommonly strong scouting staff working for former GM Ron Wolf as he rebuilt the Packers into Super Bowl champions.

A member of the team’s football staff at the time recently looked back on those days and described each of the scouts in a nutshell.

Dorsey was the hardest working of the group; Schneider the boldest; McKenzie skilled all around but the least outwardly opinionated; Thompson was organized and inscrutable.

And McCloughan, whose Washington team hosts the Packers on Sunday in the wild-card round of the NFL playoffs? The best pure talent evaluator.

That’s no small statement considering the overall success of the group – four of the five are in the playoffs this season.

“I’ve always been a big fan (of McCloughan),” the former Packers football staffer said. “I’m glad to see him get an opportunity.... 

“Just look where he’s been,” Wolf said. “Those teams win. Not only do they win, they go to the big game. San Francisco goes to the (NFC) championship game (two) consecutive years after he left. There’s another guy parading around taking credit for it, but it’s really Scot McCloughan’s team in essence.”

“Scot was very steady,” the former Packers staffer said. “When you asked him about a player, he was very consistent in his message, he didn’t waver. He was a hard guy to take out. Not stubborn, but when he gave his opinion he stuck with it, didn’t back off.”

Trent Williams earned his fourth consecutive Pro Bowl selection since 2012.

David Webber @davidpwebber21 20m20 minutes ago

David Webber Retweeted HapHaszard ES

One of the most "RG3 vs Cousins" stats of all time, showing Cousins' clear superiority in the pocket

David Webber added,

HapHaszard ES @HapHaszard
The Redskins had three different players record streaks of three consecutive games with a receiving touchdown for the first time since 1991

Chris Baker Retweeted

#Redskins #HTTR @cbaker92redskin @Freakyjean99 @RyanKerrigan91 @DeAngeloHall23 @DeSeanJackson11 @GeeJackson10

CYHer80WwAAf1PA.jpg

ESPN 980 @ESPNRadio980 1h1 hour ago

In honor of @KirkCousins8 Starter Jacket, show us your favorite piece of #Redskins memorabilia...@AlGaldi & @andypollin1 on @ESPNRadio980!

Anthony Raposa @AnthonyRaposa 5m5 minutes ago

@ESPNRadio980 @KirkCousins8 @AlGaldi @andypollin1 2015 team.

CYHkfxfWEAAspD5.jpg

Tampa Bay Buccaneers @TBBuccaneers 5m5 minutes ago

ICYMI: Last night, the #Buccaneers dismissed Head Coach Lovie Smith. READ MORE: http://bccn.rs/7y2 

CYHlC93WsAAkMN7.jpg

Archived