Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Geno Smith To Miss 6-10 Weeks With A Broken Jaw

DM72

I'm not defending IK, but putting your finger in someone's face does provoke a loose cannon.

You know what they say about the word "but" in those instances, right? There's no excuse for this asshole. He should be banned/suspended/whatever for at least a year (not that anybody will ever sign a guy that is willing to punch the starting qb). He definitely needs to have assault charges on top of that.

You know what they say about the word "but" in those instances, right? There's no excuse for this asshole. He should be banned/suspended/whatever for at least a year (not that anybody will ever sign a guy that is willing to punch the starting qb). He definitely needs to have assault charges on top of that.

I agree with you.  And to me, I could care less if it's the starting QB or the team Mr. Irrelevant, you just don't punch people at work, or otherwise. 

Per ESPN

This was not Enemkpali's first brush with off-field violence. At 19, while at a bar when he was at college at Louisiana Tech, a fight broke out and he punched an off-duty cop who was working security at the bar. On that night, Enemkpali had to be subdued first with pepper spray and then with a stun gun.

He was arrested and charged with battery on a police officer and disturbing the peace/drunk, according to court records. The charge was amended to simple battery, and he received a suspended jail sentence and was placed on 13 months' probation. He also was ordered to perform 32 hours of community service and to complete an anger management course

Dude is a real winner, too.

In college at Louisiana Tech, Enemkpali was arrested for battery on a police officer. Enemkpali was eventually sentenced to probation for simple battery. At the time that the Jets drafted him, Enemkpali said he had learned from the experience.

“I was just being a young. [it was] a young, hot-headed decision,” Enemkpali said last year. “I didn’t think about everything. If I knew what I know now, I would’ve gotten myself out of that situation. I lost my cool. That’s what it was. I didn’t know he was undercover, which is no excuse, but . . . Yeah, I lost my cool.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/11/jets-knew-ik-enemkpali-was-a-character-risk-when-they-drafted-him/

Roger Staubach once beat the crap out of Clint Longley (both QB's).  Then, Longley came back and sucker-punched Staubach.

http://www.chron.com/sports/texans/article/Fights-break-out-when-tempers-flare-on-the-1695165.php

Old-school football!!!

hanson_brothers.png

Did anyone else see this quote from the NY Post article?

The Jets have three other quarterbacks on the roster: Ryan Fitzpatrick, along with rookies Bryce Petty and Jake Heaps. Fitzpatrick will get first crack at being the starter, but Bowles said the Jets could add another quarterback. Multiple reports later Tuesday cited the Jets’ interest in journeyman Rex Grossman.

Sex Dragon in the house!!!

http://nypost.com/2015/08/11/jets-qb-geno-smith-breaks-jaw-on-sucker-punch-by-teammate/

Question: what if the best Jets player did this against Smith? What would be the ramifications then?

Is it proper to consider Revis Island their best player?  What DM72 said or less. When you ask about ramifications, I imagine you're also inquiring about those beyond team management decision making.   I would venture that public opprobrium would be mitigated as well and a higher percentage of people would be looking at the situation through more of a two-to-tango prism.

Now when it comes to IK of belting Geno fame, I'm inclined to throttle back on the kind of interwebs judging that I may employ for such luminaries as Aldon Smith.  IK vs. Geno is about two grown ass men and there's beef.   I read some things about it but I don't know the half... hell the millionth of what it's like between them and having lived for more than a minute as an adult guy I just can't see clear to a thorough condemnation of the entire moral being of IK like some I've seen in some publication's comment sections. 

velocet

I hate that you are probably right.

Of course he's right.  Didn't Michael Irvin almost kill a guy with a pair of scissors several years back, and the Cowboys managed to have the whole thing swept under the rug?  The more talent you have, the more leeway you get. 

He's got interception blues, a jaw that's bruised, you know I saw it on the NFL screen..oh oh, juh juh juh Geno and the Jets

Or...

When you're a Jet, you're a Jet all the way, 'til you knock out the QB after practice one day

I'll be here all week folks, try the veal

I'm really surprised no charges are being filed.

I'm not. Geno put hands/finger/whatever on the guy's face and he responded with force. You probably don't file charges on someone for putting a hand in your face, and at the same time, you don't really file charges on someone who punches a person who lays an unwanted hand on their face.

edit: I think I had a couple remnant words from an earlier draft that might have been confusing.

I'm not. Geno put hands/finger/whatever on the guy's face and he responded with force. You probably don't file charges on someone for putting a hand in your face, and at the same time, you don't really file charges on someone who hits someone who punches a person who lays an unwanted hand on their face.

Oh not.. If only we could take this line of thinking to the Tailgate.

Archived