Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Submitted ONES, 2015 Official PRE_SEASON/Camp Twitter Thread: The will to win on the field starts now. (NO RG3 POSTS!)

SWFLSkins

I agree. I thought Griffin generally looked more comfortable and fluid, but still some hesitation.

The DL had the upper hand on the majority of plays I saw.

You do have to keep in mind that the defensive line is probably better than the very young right side of our offensive line.  On paper its a pretty nice DLine, hopefully they generally pressure the QB a little quicker than most other DLines will, so that RG3 gets used to it.

Ryan Sr. ‏@RyanJohnSr  1m1 minute ago

I'm confused. Rob looks good to the national media, but looks like he has trouble sucking on an egg according to local beat guys. Which one?

@johnnylocal @RyanJohnSr not a single person said that on the first day when he was 4-of-8. Had good/bad. Today: 7-7. Looked sharp.

I agree.  I hear he threw one good pass, period, in another thread (really? one?), and read the other reports.  OK, honestly, you are not going to throw one good pass.  Nor will ever one be perfect.  I just want truth, period. With Robert everyone seems to have an agenda.  It is so tiring.  Everyone, reporters, or Skins fans, we DON'T care....tell us exactly what you see without your filters. Please.....HTTR 

I agree. I hear he threw one good pass, period, in another thread (really? one?), and read the other reports. OK, honestly, you are not going to throw one good pass. Nor will ever one be perfect. I just want truth, period. With Robert everyone seems to have an agenda. It is so tiring. Everyone, reporters, or Skins fans, we DON'T care....tell us exactly what you see without your filters. Please.....HTTR

Problem is many people don't always know exactly what they're looking at, which is why you get what you get

Taylor Jacobs looked great in Redskins camp.

Hoo Rah.

Let's see a game.

You do have to keep in mind that the defensive line is probably better than the very young right side of our offensive line.  On paper its a pretty nice DLine, hopefully they generally pressure the QB a little quicker than most other DLines will, so that RG3 gets used to it.

All said and done people need to stop the excuses and bickering for or against WHOEVER is behind center and support the team period! Either RG3 gets it done or not and let that play out enjoy the ride as this defense is going to be fun to watch and is going to lead the way.  Also SM did no bring in Terrance Knighton, Galette, Culliver, and others so we could start to win in 2 or 3 years......he wants to win now regardless of who is behind center and regardless of the circumstances.

I hope RG3 tears crap up this year, as I'm tired of hearing from his haters, and want him to stick it to the Rams this season. 

But...didn't last year a lot of people say that he looked really good until they scrimmaged the Patriots and he struggled, and pretty much went downhill after that.

I'm liking what I'm hearing also, but I'll wait until we see him play a few good possessions against the Lions in the preseason, as I doubt he will play more than one drive against the Browns like last season.

RG III can build off strong day; Redskins safeties locked in a battle http://es.pn/1JX5Rd8 

http://riggosrag.com  >> Washington Redskins: 5 Players Trending Up in Training Camp http://buzztap.com/-9zj95C 

Junior Galette is a player whose track record requires a question mark, writes Jerry Brewer http://wapo.st/1IuRbku 

Need to Know: #Redskins' Garçon stays late, shows leadership http://wp.me/pAil9-3Wu  #RedskinsTalk

Guys, I apologize.  I didn't mean to cause such an uproar.  I just noticed what I saw(and I didn't watch most of the 7 on 7 drills/ was watching the linemen go head to head)   In all reality, it is tough for anyone, other than the coaches to know for certain how RG or anyone else, for that matter, played. They have the film.  They can review it to see.  We are all just seeing things from the sideline. I also want to make it clear that I don't dislike RG.  I want the Skins to win and I don't care who is behind center.  Even if we traded for Tony Romo, I would route for him to play well...(well, maybe not)

Enough RG talk.  I would recommend you go to a practice if you haven't been.  Many people are concerned about the lack of fans at TC, but it was nice for me yesterday.  I arrived about an hour early, walked right up to the 30 yard line, and got a great view point. I really am excited about our D.  Knighton is a mountain of a man, and he doesn't get pushed back at the line.  Murphy looks much improved, and our db's should be improved with the extra pass rush.  Chris Thompson looks good.  Jamison Crowder is quick. Matt Jones is huge.  Preston Smith seemed a little lost out there, but he is a physically impressive young man. I think Scot is getting us back on track with good young talented players.

That's weird. Everyone on Twitter said Robert looked great and I brushed it off but then Keim said he was excellent and he never pulls punches. I don't know what to believe?

You have to take all camp observations outside of the coaches (whether reporter or fan) with a grain of salt.

However, if Keim says Griffin had a good day, I'm generally inclined to believe it because Keim doesn't cut Griffin any breaks. He usually quicker to point out the negative rather than the positive.

Sure, a couple of his passes can't really count because the d-line would've been in his face or sacked him if it were a real game, but Keim is probably trying to separate o-line issues from QB issues.

"I was trying to get him. We need him. He a ballplayer." #Redskins teammates committed to Galette (via @bmcnally14): http://cbsloc.al/1HcAvgI 

Who does he model his game after? Teammate @PierreGarcon. Rookie Spotlight - @E_Spencer6: http://redsk.in/1LWlMgk 

Guys, I apologize. I didn't mean to cause such an uproar. I just noticed what I saw(and I didn't watch most of the 7 on 7 drills/ was watching the linemen go head to head) In all reality, it is tough for anyone, other than the coaches to know for certain how RG or anyone else, for that matter, played. They have the film. They can review it to see. We are all just seeing things from the sideline. I also want to make it clear that I don't dislike RG. I want the Skins to win and I don't care who is behind center. Even if we traded for Tony romoSUCKS, I would route for him to play well...(well, maybe not)

You did nothing wrong, and I'm sad you felt like you caused an uproar. None of your comments were inflammatory in anyway or sounded biased, you were just repeating what you saw and it happened to go against the national/local reporting.

I hope you understand that saying anything about Robert really brings out the sensitivities in a lot of people here, so unfortunately you're going to get what you feel was an "uproar", but just take it in stride.

And while I'm inclined to take Keim's word for Robert's day, I don't think you were totally off on your assessment, either, because even he mentioned the defense getting there.

I'm confident enough to speak for a lot of us when I say that it was enjoyable reading your take from someone who was there, so I hope you don't hesitate to do it again. :)

To anyone at camp I would love some objective observations about any and all RG3/Gruden interactions.

I noticed on one occasion RG walking by and saying something to Gruden which caused the two to laugh and slap each other on the back. It definitely did not look like two people who dislike each other.

One other observation from yesterday, which I personally was very pleased with, was the discipline and attention to detail the coaches are stressing this year.  Callahan takes no guff from anyone.  He is not a big man, but is an intimidating man.  He demands a great deal from his players, which I think will pay off.  Players seemed to even take stretching/warming up more seriously.  On defense, when the ball hits the ground, whether it is obviously an incompletion or not, the coaches are yelling for the players to pick the ball up and to swarm to the ball. Call me a homer, but I'm excited for the year.

Returnofthefunbunch

-No uproar caused brother. The first day of camp people here said he looked great and then Keim said he was not so good and then the second day Keim writes an article that Robert was excellent and you see people on Twitter say he looked just average lol. It all gets confusing but you can only report back on what you see and I appreciate all the info. Thanks man

Callahan takes no guff from anyone.  He is not a big man, but is an intimidating man.  He demands a great deal from his players, which I think will pay off. 

Yeah, the Callahan hire is under the radar but can be huge for this team. People don't realize how great Buges/Hanifan were. Coaches matter.

Umm I hope what im about to ask isn't illegal...what are the chances of an honest person getting me some autographs at camp and mailing what ever it is thats autographed to my house??

Yeah, the Callahan hire is under the radar but can be huge for this team. People don't realize how great Buges/Hanifan were. Coaches matter.

I still say right next to Scott, Callahan was our greatest acquisition

Training Camp Report Day 2 This report is all about RGIII. How did he look? Read here: http://redskinscapitalconnection.com/training-camp-report-day-2/ 

Umm I hope what im about to ask isn't illegal...what are the chances of an honest person getting me some autographs at camp and mailing what ever it is thats autographed to my house??
I still say right next to Scott, Callahan was our greatest acquisition

Freeze!!

animatedpolicecar-1.gif

Stay on the GRIND!!!!!!

CLUxqh0WoAAwLRP.jpg

Washington Redskins: The battle at strong safety continues … http://fb.me/2mWVVfH7E 

Witty What NOT......

Someone posted a video of boiling crabs screaming. Unnecessary lol

@MWharam1 Yeah, you should always steam them.

RG3: Is He Having a Good or Bad Training Camp? http://riggosrag.com/2015/07/31/rg3-is-he-having-a-good-or-bad-training-

Training Camp Report Day 2 This report is all about RGIII. How did he look? Read here: http://redskinscapitalconnection.com/training-camp-report-day-2/ 

Hahhaaa, pic, I thought I was dreaming I got pulled over.......Hey thanks so much for helping out on the tweets, Hap is gone today and I will be in and out, got 3 games to coach. 

Need to Know: Redskins’ Garçon stays late, shows leadership http://ow.ly/QmHcI  #RedskinsTalk

CLUzVkJVEAAg085.png

A close-up shot of the Kerrigan bobblehead. Look like him? You decide.

CLUzfyMVAAIy8r2.jpg

The Relationship Between RG3 and Coach Gruden http://riggosrag.com/2015/07/31/the-relationship-between-rg3-and-coach-gruden/ 

Haven't watched film on Galette yet, but interesting how opinion is high on his production with 10 sacks last year.

Haven't watched film on Galette yet, but interesting how opinion is high on his production with 10 sacks last year.

Galette's sacks came against some poor Olines too. 1 vs Browns, Vikings, Lions. 2 vs Bucs, Bears, Panthers.

@MarkBullockNFL Hahhaaaa, so we should have backed up the Skins brinks truck? Galette came a lot, I MEAN a lot cheaper .

.@johnnylocal I'm not saying it's a bad move, for the record. Just thought it was interesting. Still have to watch all-22 on him to judge.

@MarkBullockNFL My point was Rak wanted big money, long term with an up and down injury riddled career, we got same cheap low risk, Scot!

Jay retweeted Jay

@BurgundyBlog Thought(s)?

Jay added,

Jay @RedskinsCult
I wonder if the Skins bring in Alfonzo Dennard (young CB from NE/AZ) as a camp body knowing Breeland is gone week 1 (has experience vs MIA)

@RedskinsCult @BurgundyBlog At this point Jay how could it be a bad idea?

@Royzzzay @RedskinsCult @johnnylocal I have read this, will be interesting to actually watch him.

@johnnylocal Don't know. He may be a headcase though since AZ released him before he even played a down

@RedskinsCult But again it is camp, Scot lays down the law, he buys or he flies.

Really simple folks: when griffin is sharp that's what I write. When he struggles that's what I write. What a concept.

Those last two articles from riggosrag.com that were tweeted out, though homerriffic, were good reads and I can't say I disagree with the author's views.

And I'm absolutely stunned (read: very proud) that we haven't had a total dissection of Gruden's latest interview with Breer in the OCD thread. The headline he used and the headlines it generated were attention-grabbing at best, trolling at worst... Yet, it seems no one bit. The actual content within the article; Gruden's comments themselves, were fair overall and not demeaning as the headlines suggest. So well done, ES.

Although I must say, I was actually looking forward to a discussion on it (an actual discussion, not a polarized debate). So, naturally it didn't occur with you aholes, lol. :P

Archived