Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Submitted ONES, 2015 Official PRE_SEASON/Camp Twitter Thread: The will to win on the field starts now. (NO RG3 POSTS!)

SWFLSkins

Chris Russell retweeted David J. Chao, MD

Dr. Chao's track record makes this a very worthwhile opinion/analysis as we just discussed on #CDVTW

Chris Russell added,

David J. Chao, MD @ProFootballDoc
Per video below, Bashaud Breeland @Redskins with left knee MCL injury. No surgery, expect early season return. https://twitter.com/AjayAtayee/status/627220626235899904 

Cooley going off on RGIII right now, saying he is hands off, has no football mortality on the Skins, #yanked last year

Rich Tandler retweeted Brian McNally

I’ll take “things seldom said about the Redskins” for $500, Alex.

Rich Tandler added,

Brian McNally @bmcnally14
Junior Galette: "I’m just thankful to be with such a functional organization."

Per a teammate, Breeland injury may not be as serious as it appeared. http://www.csnwashington.com/redskinsblog/teammate-says-breelands-injury-may-not-be-serious  #RedskinsTalk

Galette: "He loves my passion and he knows I’m a good person. I’ve made some mistakes. We all make mistakes but it’s what you do after that"

Galette: “I like the fact that was Scot was honest and upfront with me and told me what he wanted out of me and what he expected out of me."

Unrelated......what not warning. 

Ben Standig retweeted TMZ

What???Just saw him on Rich Eisen's show. Seemed whacked out. Man. RIP.

Ben Standig added,

TMZ @TMZ
Roddy Piper Dead -- Dies at 61 http://dlvr.it/BjCQgz 

Press Release: #Redskins Quotes-Gruden & Knighton - The Stadium http://es.redskins.com/topic/391093-press-release-redskins-quotes-gruden-knighton/ 

Not necessarily true. Zack Martin was a tackle in college, but the Cowboys moved him to guard. He made the all pro team as a rookie. Anywhere you can get an all pro is worth the pick.

Agree. Who gives a **** where he was picked. If he turns out to be Steve Hutchison part 2 for us, that's a win.

If it was the front I would be really concerned, or was holding the back of his ankle (achilles injury). I'm no doctor but usually ACL injuries happen when players jump and land awkwardly, or when the players leg goes in awkward motion on contact.

This is true, but it can happen when the cleat gets stuck in the ground and the try to turn. Breeland looked like he was trying to slow down, not necessarily turn, so I'd agree with you.

So, from the video, and the news that it's an ankle issue, I'd say he could have an eversion sprain of the ankle, which causes more damage than an inversion. Of course, it could have been an achilles issue as well. If we were talking about knee, MCL or hamstring would be my guesses.

If he's got an eversion sprain, this is the best time of year for it to happen, early in TC. He'd play early this year for sure. Same for all the others, except for achilles. He could probably play around the end of the season (week 10+) but a lot of that would depend on how his PT goes.

Not me.

He may be a knucklehead in Washington.

However, the Redskins won't have to eat $12 million if they have to let him go. :)

So, did anyone talk about how scary it was that Dallas signed Hardy? No. I think this is as good as it gets. If the guy plays great and is quiet, we have another top 10 rusher. If he causes problems, bench him and we lost minimum wage. Great deal for us. Terrible deal of the Saints, but I don't like them much anyway....

Robert Littal ‏@BSO  23m23 minutes ago

Giants Fans Step Over Woman Having Seizure to Get OBJ’s Autograph http://bit.ly/1M1YhnD 

Stay classy NY!

How about this matchup? #SEC vs #SEC...#Redskins rookies @mattjonesrb and @PrestonSmith94

CLRBLhvWUAIRZlO.jpg

What does this mean?

That there is a different standard for Robert, and he is Portis Protected from above. 

Obviously, yes, I saw the pictures. Here's what I know about Jason Pierre-Paul: http://es.pn/1IuHwKE 

Agree. Who gives a **** where he was picked. If he turns out to be Steve Hutchison part 2 for us, that's a win.

Thinking more about it, how great would it be if Moses actually was playing well enough to take the RT spot away from the rookie?  I think getting Moses on the field is a win also as long as it's because he's playing the position at a high level.  

Bottom line for me is I want to see first a competent, then a dominant O'line ASAP.  I don't care if TW becomes the C to make that happen, or who was picked where.  

Start the top 5 guys at the position that gives us the best chance to win, so we can get at least 1 yard on 3rd and 1...and give the QB more than .0023 seconds to throw on 3rd and long.

Thinking more about it, how great would it be if Moses actually was playing well enough to take the RT spot away from the rookie?  I think getting Moses on the field is a win also as long as it's because he's playing the position at a high level....

That was sort of my position. If Moses is playing great at RT, GREAT. Then we have two good new starters this year. I wouldn't force Scherff into RT just because we drafted him, if our line is better with him at guard and Moses at RT versus Scherff at RT and a hole at one of the guard spots.

Cooley going off on RGIII right now, saying he is hands off, has no football mortality on the Skins, [url=https://twitter.com/hashtag/yanked?src=hash]#yanked[/url

If that was true he wouldn't have been benched last year, and if he sucks this year, he will not be retained.

Kinda ready for Cooley to shut the hell up about this continuous conspiracy theory bs surrounding the dude. Focus on what you see on the football field. He's good at that

FWIW: Justin Rogers replaced Breeland as the slot CB after the injury (still no official update from the team).

#RGIII “starting to realize he has to put work in” @Redskins sound like a working relation is b n forged/forced http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/07/31/jay-gruden-rgiii-starting-to-realize-he-has-to-put-the-work-in/ 

Any one remember that sweater that was locker themed and art monks jersey was hanging up in a locker?... I was delivering pizzas in Anchorage Alaska and I got to this ran down old apartment building downtown and some native answered the door and was wearing that sweater.

I think his bill was like $25.. I told him I would trade him his order for the sweater right off his back straight across and he did it.. that sweater the old dude in the grey beard is wearing reminded me of it.

If that was true he wouldn't have been benched last year, and if he su ks this year, he will not be retained.

Kinda ready for Cooley to shut the hell up about this continuous conspiracy theory bas surrounding the dude. Focus on what you see on the football field. He's good at that

Is he really going to act like he wasn't one of the ones Snyder protected as well...

If that was true he wouldn't have been benched last year, and if he su ks this year, he will not be retained.

Kinda ready for Cooley to shut the hell up about this continuous conspiracy theory bas surrounding the dude. Focus on what you see on the football field. He's good at that

I couldn't really tell what the tweet was about, but I read it the other way. I was thinking he meant all the stuff was bs and if it wasn't, he wouldn't have been pulled.

Is he really going to act like he wasn't one of the ones Snyder protected as well...

Well with Portis it was special privileges, avoiding practice, going around the HC etc.  With Griffin it's performance.  I don't remember Cooley having those issues, he wasn't doing anything that he needed protection over (maybe those booty shorts he wore in practice).

So, did anyone talk about how scary it was that Dallas signed Hardy? No. I think this is as good as it gets. If the guy plays great and is quiet, we have another top 10 rusher. If he causes problems, bench him and we lost minimum wage. Great deal for us. Terrible deal of the Saints, but I don't like them much anyway....

Absolutely.  Dallas paid top dollar for a guy who absolutely DID terrible things and paid near top dollar for it if only for one year.  So they get slammed for selling their soul for wins, then he gets suspended (10 games or 4 games who cares) because they still needed to set aside the full value of the contact until finalized so their cap flexibility was impacted most of the offseason.......as a result they are still weak at the RB position.  Considering what they did in signing Hardy they might as well sign Ray Rice for the vet minimum and be done with it.

That was sort of my position. If Moses is playing great at RT, GREAT. Then we have two good new starters this year. I wouldn't force Scherff into RT just because we drafted him, if our line is better with him at guard and Moses at RT versus Scherff at RT and a hole at one of the guard spots.

Whatever gives us the best chance to win should be done......this is a team sport, its time to put the pride in the back pocket and win some games.  Scherff is young and if playing guard makes him a better tackle 2 years from now great.  If anything we look really smart in draft Long and Moses last year.  This is the best part of getting young, lineman you can develop, and having a kick ass o-line coach

Archived