Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Texas: Man mocks Alligator, jumps in water, gets killed.

ExoDus84

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/04/us/texas-alligator-attack/index.html

A man who apparently mocked alligators, then jumped in the water -- despite warning signs -- is dead after being attacked in Texas.

Orange County Police were called to Burkart's Marina near the Louisiana state line early Friday morning after reports that Tommie Woodward, 28, and an unidentified woman were swimming in a bayou and had been attacked by a large alligator.

Woodward's body was found several hours later. The woman was not injured.

Hmm....bad decision is bad. Darwin wins another one.

I saw this story on tv news yesterday. They were interviewing one of the witnesses, I think it might have been his wife or gf because she was crying

I mean, this is something straight out if a Jeff foxworthy routine. Apparently the guy yelled "**** the alligators" as he jumped in the water (seriously)

i wonder what they mean by "mocked the alligators."

Like, was he throwing rocks at them before he jumped in, or did he simply do a chicken dance before jumping in the water.

Either way, I hope it was worth it. 

Don't feel sorry for this guy at all. Whenever these idiots get attacked or killed by wild animals it's almost always their own fault. Just like the woman who got killed by a lioness last month. Or the dude that got killed by a tigress he and a friend was "mocking" at the SF Zoo.

Is a sign even necessary? Lol

Yes, because not all waters are alligator infested. Lol...But any pond from Georgia on down, just assume they have alligators.

Still a better way to go than launching a massive firework off the top of your head.

I just saw this story headline too. Man, between the alligator dude and firework head, I wonder who wins the "Darwin is right" award.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/devon-staples-man-killed-shooting-firework-off-head-thought-it-was-a-dud-mom-says/

Devon Staples had been drinking with friends Saturday evening and setting off fireworks, when Maine State Police say he put a mortar on his head and lit it. It exploded, killing Devon instantly.

But Kathleen says her son would never have placed the firecracker on his head if he thought it was a live explosive.

"That would've been suicide. I can't see a happy boy wanting to destroy himself," she told WBZ NewsRadio 1030. "He believed it was a dud, he stuck it over his head and he was goofing off."

Here's the sign he ignored. 

As an editor, I appreciated the comment from the person who I wondered if the man would still be alive if only there was a semi-colon after the first word.

I know, right? That sign was reassuring him that there are no alligators (that can swim) there!

As Zoony mentioned, his last words were "**** that Alligator!"  He dove in, and was attacked almost immediately.

This. He blasphemed the gods of our reptilian overlords, and he paid a heavy price.

A mixture of stupidity, personal negligence, and overall bad luck. Twas fate.

Seriously though, aren't alligators fairly docile?  I had an airboat driver tell me once that he gets in the water with alligators often, and they just swim off.

Now crocodiles are mean as hell and will actively hunt humans, but I always thought alligators were skittish.  Guess it was the "**** the alligators" comment that pissed them off.

I know, right? That sign was reassuring him that there are no alligators (that can swim) there!

Or the sign was telling alligators not to swim. Were the other gators following the rules and walking? Was it just this lone gator that was breaking the "no swimming" rule? The ambiguity of the sign is most assuredly the reason for this man's death.

Archived