Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Texas: Man mocks Alligator, jumps in water, gets killed.

ExoDus84

Seriously though, aren't alligators fairly docile?  I had an airboat driver tell me once that he gets in the water with alligators often, and they just swim off.

Now crocodiles are mean as hell and will actively hunt humans, but I always thought alligators were skittish.  Guess it was the "**** the alligators" comment that pissed them off.

depends on the time of year, mating season they get active.

skittish is not what I'd call them anytime ,but they are not overly agressive

just google'd it... looks like this is the first alligator fatality since 2007

There are gators in SC, Mississippi, Louisiana, and Alabama too, besides Texas and Florida.  They will travel in salt, ocean water.  They have been seen in NC too.  They will occupy any bit of water that doesn't freeze.  Always assume that there are gators in water in any of these states.

Seriously though, aren't alligators fairly docile?  I had an airboat driver tell me once that he gets in the water with alligators often, and they just swim off.

Now crocodiles are mean as hell and will actively hunt humans, but I always thought alligators were skittish.  Guess it was the "**** the alligators" comment that pissed them off.

Not a hypothesis I'd want to test.

There are gators in SC, Mississippi, Louisiana, and Alabama too, besides Texas and Florida. They will travel in salt, ocean water. They have been seen in NC too. They will occupy any bit of water that doesn't freeze. Always assume that there are gators in water in any of these states.

They're in NC too. See: Alligator River National Wildlife Refuge.

Was news to me too, just drove through there a couple weeks back and was surprised by them being that far north.

Your thoughts on it being mating season and the quote "**** the alligators" go well together...

There are gators in SC, Mississippi, Louisiana, and Alabama too, besides Texas and Florida.  They will travel in salt, ocean water.  They have been seen in NC too.  They will occupy any bit of water that doesn't freeze.  Always assume that there are gators in water in any of these states.

Don't forget peachy Georgia.  

This being Texas, there's a good chance that the Alligator was thinking, "The next guy that jumps in the water and tries to **** me is really gonna get it."

just google'd it... looks like this is the first alligator fatality since 2007

my brother was almost one :) , he decided to bring a live one in the boat.

either him or the gator was getting shot first.

I saw a video of a gator taking someones arm off years ago before I had really come to understand that things can not be "unseen".  Surprisingly quick and easy.  A quick spin and it came off like he was a lego man and the limb was detachable.  Best not to mess around with something that can do that. 

Note to self: Never punch an alligator.

FYI, that pic is of a Nile crocodile, not an alligator.  And yes, don't punch them.  If you want to see what happens when you do then google crocodile arm and there is a video on youtube of some guy at an Asian animal park tapping a crocodile on the snout and then sticking his hand in a crocodile's mouth only to have it bite down and then perform a death roll.  Gruesome.

in general gators are not a problem except for the larger ones, but once ya are their meal size the metrics change  ;)

I tend to err on the side of caution, the biguns are sneaky....swimming in the dark ain't happening around them.

Nature is wonderful to behold as long as ya ain't supper.

Archived