Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

US Soccer thread.

Kilmer17

Klinsmann MUST be fired after this display.  This is incredible stuff, no heart or passion, wrong tactics and formation, limited adjustments.  Terrible all around 

Lololol subbing off one of our only few offensive weapons for an unproven Sunderland player?  GENIUS klinsmann 

• Like 2

Pulisic is the man you take off?  The back 4 is a dumpster fire and the best players are not getting any run. Zardes should be on this team. Yedlin should be on the field. Gonzales and Brooks have no business being the center backs. None. 

Lke I was saying, no business with the center backs....

18 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

The end of Klinsmann is upon us. No chance he should be allowed to stay. 

17 minutes ago, SkinssRvA said:

Klinsmann MUST be fired after this display.  This is incredible stuff, no heart or passion, wrong tactics and formation, limited adjustments.  Terrible all around 

Lololol subbing off one of our only few offensive weapons for an unproven Sunderland player?  GENIUS klinsmann 

I was very happy when Klinsi was given the job and thought he did some very good things.  I stood by him, even when he made some bad choices during the WC.  I can't stand what he's done in this Hex.  Using the first half vs Mexico to try out a completely new formation?  Sticking to the same players in CR, even after the Mexico game.  Horrible game management.  Now the team looks like they gave up in the last 15 minutes.  That is completely unacceptable.  He needs to go and take several players with him.

Edit - I have know idea what is going on with Brooks, Chandler, and Johnson.  They play so well in the BL (at least the games I've watched them this season) and look like amateurs tonight.  

Edited by btfoom
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Long n Left said:

What's really galling is all the talk of how much younger this squad was. Well, 10 of the 25 are 29 years old or older. These are the guys you want in two years in Russia? A bunch of 30 somethings? 

Bring up the kids and PLAY them. This is utter garbage.

Go back to the summer... I covered all of that in my Copa America rants.

He approached the tournament about as short-sited as he could've.

I am absolutely ****ing done with him. 4-0????

You only get 4-0 when your players quit.  He's lost his voice.

Hire someone who wants to play 21st century football for ****'s sake...

9 hours ago, btfoom said:

Edit - I have know idea what is going on with Brooks, Chandler, and Johnson.  They play so well in the BL (at least the games I've watched them this season) and look like amateurs tonight.  

Man... if you ever bumped and set something for us to just slam in your face... this was it :P

9 hours ago, Popeman38 said:

Pulisic is the man you take off?  The back 4 is a dumpster fire and the best players are not getting any run. Zardes should be on this team. Yedlin should be on the field. Gonzales and Brooks have no business being the center backs. None. 

Lke I was saying, no business with the center backs....

I disagree about Brooks.

The biggest problem is the back four and Guzan have been under seige for about 175 minutes of the 180 played the last two games.  ZERO midfield and little going forward... yet he continues to get Jozy Altidore his ****ing number shirt... outnumbered in the midfield today and had no idea how to fix that. Altidore and Bradley have got to go along with Klinsmann.

Edited by DC9
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Long n Left said:

Jozy Altidore, Timmy Chandler, Omar Gonzalez, John Brooks, Matt Besler, Jermaine Jones, take your pick.

And Dejan Lovren looked like ass with Skrtel.  I'm just saying, Brooks is our best defender.

The others, they can fly up to Canada with Kim K. and Kanye.  I gives a ****.

1 hour ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Second game in a row the co-comentator has been a complete divvy.

Hail. 

Wasn't even sure who that was.  He kept mentioning that he played for Cruyff though.

• Like 2

On 6/21/2016 at 10:51 PM, DC9 said:

I can live with 3-1.  Would love to get one here.

Yes, he's 33 and 34.

The clown is Landon Donovan.  Who is also both.

Which is why it's important to play. The. Youth. In. This. Tournament.

Everyone getting mad at the team selection for not winning is dumb.

Chances were slim to none that we'd do something here.

But you're not properly seasoning your youth for the future.  Very short-sited tournament approach.

What's hilarious, is you go back and read through the Copa chat and everyone is pretty much saying the same thing they're saying now.

A TON of us were pissed we weren't playing the youth for the very reason that we saw today...

The US will probably still make it. 

They em are only 3 points out of the playoff spot and 4 out of automatic. 

Theyve now played 2 of the toughest 3 games they will have. 

But who knows.  If Klinsmann stays, and keeps effing it up, we might not

The one constant: Micheal Bradley's presence in the midfield. He was never good, and has long since lost a step athletically, which may have been his only saving grace. His pass accuracy, hustle, free kicks, and defense have all been abysmal for so long without any repercussions that people have just gotten tired of talking about it. I'm so tired of pointing it out. Try out a new coach, 7000 more back lines, or front 3's, but keep Bradley as the sole distributor, and expect the same garbage. 

• Like 3

Completely over and done with Klinsman and this team, as configured. 

Glad I shut it off and went to bed after the second goal. Let me enjoy the Terps win a little more.

DC brother, I love ya, but you and I are gonna disagree on Brooks. Big body, no athleticism. I'll take Birnbaum and Carter-Vickers. Two guys who can run, and play the ball out of the back. Brooks sits the bench for me unless they go against a big, holding Ibra-type striker.