Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

US Soccer thread.

Kilmer17

1 hour ago, SkinssRvA said:

Looking forward to tomorrow's game.  Headed down to the local here in Richmond, hoping lots of people come through.  Interested to see the starting 11, could be both Altidore and Bobby Wood up top.  Not sure how we've been lining up lately but what are thoughts that could work?  Are we still rolling with Bradley sitting deep?  Does Pulisic make the start?  It will be an exciting night of WC qualifying.  If nothing else, this team looks to be our strongest in a while.  

Looking forward to the game also. As much as I'd like to see youngsters, I think we'll get plenty of vets.

I'll take a shot at predicting the XI:

4-1-3-2

G: Howard

D: Chandler, Besler, Brooks, Johnson

DM: Bradley

M: Pulisic, Sasha, Jones

F: Wood, Altidore

I think you've got to go with those two up top, as their form has been solid lately. I think Klinsman will rely on the vets, and hope that Chandler and Pulisic can pose problems attacking the Tri's from the wing.

Personally, I would be tempted to move Jones central and put Green on the wing to add to the pace and attack.

5 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Is it mad that I'll be up for the 1 AM kick just because I can't get enough of watching Pulisic's development?

Hail. 

Well you'll get to see him live making all of us jealous soon enough

Just now, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

So CONCACAF people, Panama wining in Honduras. Good or bad fist result for the US?

Hail. 

We handle our own business it shouldn't matter.

Surprising result nonetheless.  Panama can beat you up if you let them and not having Najar hurt Honduras. 

• Like 1

Just now, DC9 said:

Well you'll get to see him live making all of us jealous soon enough

Seriously. He's not extending. And his dad just LOVES Jürgen. Which being as he's over seas with him and a big influence on the 18 year old, carries a lot of weight for me. Plus our reliable journo friend TB is convinced we're gonna' REALLY test BVB's metal this January. It won't be for the lack of trying lets put it that way. 

Real big test for his development tonight in such a big, emotional International rivalry with such stakes to get off the winning foot. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Seriously. He's not extending. And his dad just LOVES Jürgen. Which being as he's over seas with him and a big influence on the 18 year old, carries a lot of weight for me. Plus our reliable journo friend TB is convinced we're gonna' REALLY test BVB's metal this January. It won't be for the lack of trying lets put it that way. 

Real big test for his development tonight in such a big, emotional International rivalry with such stakes to get off the winning foot. 

Hail. 

I fully expect him to be in Red as soon as I go off the grid early next year.  That's just the way love goes :rofl89:

It's going to be fun to see and I have full confidence in our transfer operations now.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FanboyOf91 said:

oh boy, klinsmann going with 5-3-2

Yeah, trying to match Mexico, which isn't smart.  It's not defensive or offensive in my opinion... but hey... I'm not in training so who knows.  

It does smell a bit like the 2-9-0 Brendan Rodgers trotted out in 14-15 a few times.

Costa Rica finally find a way through...

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, FanboyOf91 said:

OTOH, Osorio still thinks that El Tri backline isn't begging to be counterattacked/counterpressed.

We certainly don't have the personnel out there to counterpress... nor have we counterpressed ever under Klinsmann

If this goes according to plan, the wingbacks (I'm assuming Johnson and Chandler) will find Jozy... and Pulisic and Wood will be there in support with Bradley as a late trailer.

Jermain Jones will be able to mark the attacking Mid and Brooks will be able to keep the ball away from Howard.

Problem is both Wood and Altidore are more "hold the ball up" types... while Wood can do both he's caught between both worlds for what he's being asked to do for Club and then Country.