Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

US Soccer thread.

Kilmer17

5 minutes ago, DC9 said:

Dagger.

Klinsmann out.

Needs to be involved... does not need to be managing.

I thought they came out flat but they played a lot harder in the second half and tied the game up. Why should he be fired. He's not the one missing good opportunities on the field. The US had plenty of chances to take the lead. Was it Klinsmann's fault when Bradley took the shot instead of passing it? 

Guy pushes Pulisic and all **** breaks lose. Just start ejecting people. **** Mexico. Dirty. 

Edited by ixcuincle
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

I thought they came out flat but they played a lot harder in the second half and tied the game up. Why should he be fired. He's not the one missing good opportunities on the field. The US had plenty of chances to take the lead. Was it Klinsmann's fault when Bradley took the shot instead of passing it? 

Guy pushes Pulisic and all **** breaks lose. Just start ejecting people. **** Mexico. Dirty. 

We were lucky to not be down 3-0 the first 30 minutes.  It wasn't that we came out flat... it's that he got the shape and the tactics wrong and they were carving us up.

3 minutes ago, FanboyOf91 said:

thanks, jozy

mls is ****

Almost like they planned that around Jozy, eh?

If you hadn't completely screwed up your tactics the first quarter of the game you'd of probably won that. 

Excellent second half showing undone by some poor finishing and terrible defending and goalkeeping the end. Heartbreaker. The kid just keeps impressing more and more. Absolutely nothing phases him. Wood and dare I say Altidore were great second half. (The winner aside.). 

And your 3 and 4 (Gonzalez and Bradley?) need dropping for Tuesday. Which is now a MASSIVE game. 0-2 with no chance to put it right until the summer would not be good. 

Sorry guys. 

Hail. 

• Like 2

Huge game Tuesday. 

http://www.si.com/planet-futbol/2016/11/11/usa-mexico-columbus-world-cup-qualifying-rafa-marquez-klinsmann-layun-wood

During the afternoon, U.S. Soccer president Sunil Gulati noted that the U.S. hadn’t fired a coach during World Cup qualifying since 1989 and was unlikely to do that with Klinsmann. But let’s be honest: If the U.S. emerges from Costa Rica on Tuesday with zero points from its first two Hexagonal games, Klinsmann will be firmly on the hot seat.

• Like 1

We are the best team in the hex, very frustrating loss. I expect a win in Costa Rica, if we came out in the 4-4-2 to start the game we win that game, at least they switched quickly. Pulisic continues to impress, Bradley continues to frustrate. Should have fed a wide open Wood rather than take that shot. Also, Altidore actually played really well.

• Like 1

Disappointing to lose that game. Even one point would have been something they could have taken away from a match they easily could have lost by 3 or 4 goals.

Evident to all but Klinsman that Bradley must go, but does the US have a true 6? I'd probably try Jones, because he's not an attacking option at his age any more. Problem is, he's also not 90 minutes match fit.

Jozy had a nice second half after ****ting the bed first half. Standing round watching the winner off the corner notwithstanding.

Brooks and Gonzo were utter ****, could Carter-Vickers be any worse? Yeah he's young, but watched him in the League Cup match against Liverpool, and he did not look out of place. At least he can run, which Brooks just can't. And, is there no better US keeper than Brad ****ing Guzan?

If I'm manager, I come out Tuesday in full attack mode: Pulisic and Green the wings to provide some speed up top with Yedlin and Johnson the fullbacks. Start Jones holding, bench options if he's not up to it. Only question would be who goes central in the attack. Sasha an obvious choice if uninspiring. Wonder if Johansson could perform there? Would certainly lend to the attack. 

All I know is, something MUST change.

Edited by Long n Left
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Long n Left said:

Brooks and Gonzo were utter ****, could Carter-Vickers be any worse? Yeah he's young, but watched him in the League Cup match against Liverpool, and he did not look out of place. At least he can run, which Brooks just can't. And, is there no better US keeper than Brad ****ing Guzan?

He's not really looking to England unless you are already established.

Miazga and Brooks Lennon aren't even getting call ups.  Neither is the kid from Montgomery County who signed for Arsenal last summer.

Timmy Chandler is in great form in Bundesliga... he was **** last night.  Yedlin is in form for Rafa's Newcastle... he starts on the bench after being the go to for the MNT the last several years.

I don't know how you come out with the intention of going 3-5-2 and NOT start Yedlin... he was literally put together by God to play that position.  But he plays English football....

Edited by DC9
  • Like 2

What a terrible start and finish to that game last night.  Why we came out in a 3atb I will never know.  Completely undone pretty much the whole first half.  Then, the second half we dominate and should have taken the lead on several occasions.  Bradley's selfishness on that shot will haunt him.  

Klinnsman loses next game and he's out for me.  He's done some great things for US but almost all of them happen away from the 90 minutes on the pitch.  

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Yedlin was horrid at Sunderland. But then so where Sunderland.

Having a top manager show faith in him and playing with better players seems to of really brought him on this year.

Hail.

He was still starting even though he was ass for Sunderland though.

It's clearly a bias.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, DC9 said:

He was still starting even though he was ass for Sunderland though.

It's clearly a bias.

It's real surprising to everyone outside the US how Klinsmann has lasted this long. 

Without a strong team around him, which he had when Low masterminded Germany's resurgence in 2006 ad Klinsmann was just the figurehead. He's clueless. A great player. Real nice guy. But a very, very limited HC. 

And for a young Nation wanting to break through on the World stage, with a 'Golden Generation' coming through, you could do a LOT better IMHO. Or else all that talent will ultimately remain unfulfilled at a National team level. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, jschuck12001 said:

We dont have the talent in the central midfield to compete with top tier teams and this is the most talented Mexican team I have seen in 20 years.

I think if we played our right 11 last night we got all 3 points.  We didn't and we didn't.

Gonzalez is not anywhere near good enough for the national team.  Plenty of dudes out there who do it better and some with world's of potential in Miazga, Birnbaum, Carter-Vickers... we're deep back there and he's getting it wrong.

Bradley... Bradley should apply for Canadian citizenship.  I've been done with him for a couple of years.  Perry Kitchen and Jermaine Jones will do fine back there.

Jozy needs to be a reserve.  I'm not his biggest fan, but he's just not a starting center forward.  Part of what opened up the game is when he dropped to the 10 and was basically a target forward and held the ball up for Wood... who moved from the 10 to the 9.  Altidore just cannot move and he misses too many grade-A chances.  The front three should be Wood, Green, and Pulisic.  That's a group that can play together for 8 years plus if you start them out now.

Timmy Chandler... I'm glad he's playing well in Germany, but that didn't deserve a start.  Never should start in front of Yedlin, who has his own issues, but is miles ahead of Chandler.

Klinsmann got his shape and tactics wrong.  We almost lucked into a point, heck we almost lucked into all 3 had Bradley played that 2 on 1 ball into Bobby Wood, but he's gotten it wrong far too often. 

It's not a talent thing with Mexico.  I'm hyper-critical of the National team, so if I'm saying it...

• Like 4

15 hours ago, jschuck12001 said:

We dont have the talent in the central midfield to compete with top tier teams and this is the most talented Mexican team I have seen in 20 years.

I'm admittedly no expert on the strength or not of US players, particularly those still based in the States; but I don't think Im going out on a limb to think there would be competent players in the positions if only the HC would both select them and play them in their natural positions/ to their strengths. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

HUGE game tonight!

Mexico busted the Columbus jinx, hopefully these US boys can bust the Costa Rica jinx tonight.

PLEASE Klinsman, no Bradley in the lineup tonight, and give us more attacking options. I want to see Pulisic, Green, and Yedlin in the starting XI. Maybe Johansson too!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Long n Left said:

HUGE game tonight!

Mexico busted the Columbus jinx, hopefully these US boys can bust the Costa Rica jinx tonight.

PLEASE Klinsman, no Bradley in the lineup tonight, and give us more attacking options. I want to see Pulisic, Green, and Yedlin in the starting XI. Maybe Johansson too!

Aways have won each fixture so far.

We'll see.