Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

US Soccer thread.

Kilmer17

Jozy... that was on a platter son

He didn't "nutmeg" anyone... he missed his touch

On 9/2/2016 at 5:28 PM, FanboyOf91 said:

That will be 30 million pounds, scouser!

Cash or check?

Oh Bobby.... have to do better than that

Pulisic rings both posts...

1 minute ago, Kilmer17 said:

If I keep talking about how awful he is, maybe he'll keep scoring!

I have spent maybe half a life being upset about Sacha getting PT. I couldnt believe my eyes when I saw him in the starting lineup tonight. Sure he scored. Still dont want.

The irony is that my disdain for Bradley has creeped into Sacha territory and now im not sure I would be upset if Sacha were to replace him ( not ever happening). If anything it would prevent Michael from taking more terrible free kicks and corners.

Just now, SkinInsite said:

Already the best player on the pitch and only 17 years old

Getting Morris some time now, too.

Was happy with the Copa result, but I really would've liked to have seen the youth more in the selection. 

GET IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 4-0

6 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Jozy is so frustrating. Imo, he's been our best striker internationally for years (ignoring club struggles), but is consistently injured come tournament time. Both goals were great. Additionally, the teen has been absolutely fantastic tonight.

Ever seen the Pele movie that came out a couple of years ago?  He reminds me a lot of the dude who Pele put on the bench.

When you continuously get hurt at those times, you're afraid of the moment.

Dude has dominated, as my brother says, Carribean fishermen for years... hasn't done much in the world cup or other big tournies.

Some guys are great for qualifying though, and Jozy is having a great match.

11 minutes ago, DC9 said:

Dude has dominated, as my brother says, Carribean fishermen for years... hasn't done much in the world cup or other big tournies.

But Donovan and Dempsey havent dominated fisherman? What makes their goal scoring prowess any more significant than Altidore's? Especially when they have been option 1a and 1b from the penalty. I know you have disliked Jozy for about as long as Ive hated Sacha/Bradley, but i feel that is unfair judgement based off his abysmal club play. 

Just now, Skin'emAlive said:

But Donovan and Dempsey havent dominated fisherman? What makes their goal scoring prowess any more significant than Altidore's? Especially when they have been option 1a and 1b from the penalty. I know you have disliked Jozy for about as long as Ive hated Sacha/Bradley, but i feel that is unfair judgement based off his abysmal club play. 

Goals in big tournaments....

I mean that's what we're talking about right?

There's a reason Dempsey and Donovan played and were effective in Europe.

Jozy scored a lot in the EUFA bordello... aka, Eriedivise...

Was awful in England, to the point that Sunderland had to buy Jermaine Defoe, who was put out to pasture in MLS.... so that they had a scoring threat.  They also got relegated that year if not for loanee Fabio Borini.

4 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Also, its clear that Howard should be the starter. Guzan is a career loser, and has been terrible the past 2 years. He shouldnt have started over Tim in the Copa, nor should he start over him any time in the future.

Tim wasn't right mentally or physically during the train up.  Was insane for Colorado around that time, though.  He doesn't cover the ground in the box that he used to, but he's still a great shot stopper/communicator.  Especially with the youth we have at CB.

1 minute ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Big tournaments that he has missed due to injury.

Yes... "injury"

Just like he's missed goals over the bar from inside the six when he was fit.

8 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

I know you have disliked Jozy for about as long as Ive hated Sacha/Bradley, but i feel that is unfair judgement based off his abysmal club play. 

And fwiw, I think there's little chance you hate Bradley more than I do.  Indifferent on Sacha, but unless they offer something very special, I don't like bringing players into the team that late... I know he was in before, but he's been a nonfactor for quite some time now.

Edited by DC9