Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

US Soccer thread.

Kilmer17

You guys STILL having the Altidore debate? ..... *Resists urge, shakes head and leaves it. 

I've watched two 90 minutes today of both Dahoud (I know, this isn't a German thread) and Pulisic. 

I'm going back to bed VERY encouraged by what I saw, Gonna' be a fun year catching up with both when I can. 

Jurgen (last German reference. I'm goosed so yers all are sound) knows a player!

Hail. 

*Edit* Oh yeah, congratulations. Very solid, professional job. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 2

The young guys looked good last night. Good to see Pulisic play the full 90, I think he handled it well and looked outstanding. Altidore with a nice goal for his first one, which was a bit surprising as usually whenever he does that it gets poked away. Most of the first 45 lacked energy from a lot of the players, last 45 was much, much better.

Bradley continues to look lost out there, I hope someone can boot him out because he has not looked good for awhile. Lot of misplaced passes.

5 hours ago, MisterPinstripe said:

The young guys looked good last night. Good to see Pulisic play the full 90, I think he handled it well and looked outstanding. Altidore with a nice goal for his first one, which was a bit surprising as usually whenever he does that it gets poked away. Most of the first 45 lacked energy from a lot of the players, last 45 was much, much better.

Bradley continues to look lost out there, I hope someone can boot him out because he has not looked good for awhile. Lot of misplaced passes.

I remember when Bradley would create and take on defenders when the game was on the line, he also had a nasty finishing touch.

His game has been slipped for a while now, he's always been a good defender but he no longer shows the skills necessary to play midfield.

• Like 1

I had not a chance to give my two cents on Tuesday's showing...and I know y'all were waiting impatiently :)

Bradley looks done. He looked so slow out there, I almost couldn't watch. Man, is he an old looking 29. A shame too, as he used to have some quality in finding guys running channels. He did have a couple tidy passes but not nearly enough to offset his giveaways and shortcomings. 

Pulisic, on the other hand, has IT! The kid was everything I'd hoped, and more. Clearly the best player on the pitch.

The US attack looked formidable with him and a reinvigorated Jozy alongside Wood. Their passing in the final third was more deft, clinical, stylish...choose your adjective. I laud Pulisic for this, as we've seen the others play without him, and not be nearly as dangerous looking. And, T and T are NOT St Vincent and the Fishermen. Yeah, there was no pressure on them, but I doubt they wanted to get whacked 4-0.

Very happy to see some other youngsters get time, and actually contribute. I'd like to see more in the future, but as they're now in the qualification homestretch, I'm sure JK will keep trotting out the old standbys. Morris, Arriola, Stanko, Rubin, Acosta. These kids need seasoning on the International level for this team to find the guys to grow with Pulisic.

Just can't wait for Christian to drop the bumblebee kit for the mighty RED!

• 5 weeks later...

Some sporting events just supersede mere sports that you just HAVE to watch. Even if you have no interest any other time. 

Germany vs. Holland/ Austria/ England can't escape the weight of World history. England- Scotland. Australia- New Zealand. 'Neighbours' that HATE each other. 

The US verse the Soviets would be right up there going back. And Cuba- USA is right up there. Really looking forward to this for all the historical reasons. There could be quite a bot of needle in this one. 

Oh yeah, Pulisic starting again. That too. 

Hail. 

Well this is proving a highly embarrassing exercise. Friendly kick around or not. That was abysmal. 

Klinsmann needs to kick some ass in there H/T. Too many US players with completely the wrong attitude here. 

Liking the test of Pulisic though. Learn a lot about a kid in games like his. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

That pitch was worse than anything I ever played on during school recess let alone anytime throughout my life.

Might as well have seen one of these and spent time arguing if it hit the post or went in...

stock-photo-soccer-goal-drawn-on-a-wall-

All that said, we should've nicked on in the first half or so just to sack up and say we did.  I was happy to see Julian Green out there.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, TimmySmith said:

2 days pass and no one mentions Klinsmann's roster.  The youngest and most different roster from a previous roster I have ever seen.  Love it.  Out with the old and in with the young.  

http://www.cbssports.com/soccer/news/usmnt-lists-wcq-roster-for-mexico-costa-rica-youngsters-pulisic-green-in/

I thought it was a joke.  No Wondo?

Thank goodness for this roster. It's about ****ing time.

If the US wants to be relevant on the world stage, it's the youngsters cutting their collective teeth in European football that are going to do so. The Bradleys and Bedoyas need to be on the team for some veteran influence, but, IMO, the sooner younger guys run them out, the better for US soccer.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MisterPinstripe said:

Not used to seeing a roster like this, especially for a WCQ. Very excited to see what happens. Unfortunately Morris had to be replaced and we brought in Gordon...

Yeah, too bad. Morris has the look of a good strong hold up #9 that could have Wood, Green, and Pulisic run off of him. There's some young talent out there, time to get them acclimated to the big stage.

• Like 1

Men in Blazers 11/07/16: Jurgen Klinsmann Pod Special
Men In Blazers
Duration: 29:10
Published: Mon, 07 Nov 2016 15:19:00 +0000
URL: http://feeds.soundcloud.com/stream/291918188-meninblazers-11072016jurgenklinsmann.mp3

Ahead Friday's seismic clash against Mexico to open up the Hex, Rog sat down with USMNT manager Jurgen Klinsmann to discuss the big picture state of U.S. Soccer, the transition between the old guard a...

Subscribe to this podcast: http://feeds.feedburner.com/MenInBlazers

----
Sent from Podcast Republic 2.9.6
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.itunestoppodcastplayer.app

Looking forward to tomorrow's game.  Headed down to the local here in Richmond, hoping lots of people come through.  Interested to see the starting 11, could be both Altidore and Bobby Wood up top.  Not sure how we've been lining up lately but what are thoughts that could work?  Are we still rolling with Bradley sitting deep?  Does Pulisic make the start?  It will be an exciting night of WC qualifying.  If nothing else, this team looks to be our strongest in a while.