Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

US Soccer thread.

Kilmer17

Not a bad first half at all.  We're on the front foot.

Two things I absolutely love that are contributing to the better play are:

1)  We're playing from the top on the attack... we're not playing from the wings.  We're working the ball around more.

2)  Jermaine Jones is pulling the string in the attack and NOT Michael Bradley.  Thank god and finally. 

Almost every time Bradley has gotten the ball he's passed it backwards and I'm totally fine with that in a 3rd place game when you want to start vets.  Going forward it's unacceptable, but for now, it's better than him turning it over.  Clearly someone has finally noticed that he sucks and hopefully that means we can get excited for better things after this tournament. (It's a sad day when your 6 is better leading the attack than your 8 is... but it's been that way for a long time.  Maybe since 2010)

Oh and Ospina wasn't fouled on that corner kick.  Stone wall pen that we didn't get.

Sometimes the camera cuts to Klinsmann and he looks like he's screaming on the inside and doing his best not to show it.

Maybe he is kicking around a move to Southampton.  I wouldn't blame him at this point.  It would be a huge loss for us.

Edited by DC9

Cameron is now playing balls down into the 18.  It's clear that there is a concerted effort to keep the ball away from Michael Bradley in the attack :lol:

Then  why. ****ing. Start. Him?

Damn what a hit by Dempsey.

Ospina with a great save.

Zardes needs to be more patient there.

Great play from Wood.

Well, there's one...

Shocked that Nagbe isn't on for Bradley yet

Here comes the game management from Colombia.

Might have missed our chances.

Alright... 12 minutes and change with a proper 11

THE REF HAS TAKEN STOPPAGE TIME OFF

GET THIS ****ING GUY OFF THE FIELD

I love when Chelsea fans get pissed by this

Is Zardes the worst player on the team? Serious question.  The kid has absolutely no idea what to do in the final third.  NONE.  

He's not a winger.  He's a striker.

That's why you don't play them out of positiion and ask them to make those choices.

Well, this was a positive for the US tonight.

MUCH better effort.

I think it's clear Nagbe and Pulisic need to be in the 11 going forward.  Wood needs to learn just to shoot that ****er on goal.  Hopefully some time in Bundesliga will help with that, even though they don't play defense.

Had our chances.  That's a good spine though with Nagbe and Pulisic.  Need to start identifying Jones replacement.  But we looked good save for the end product.

Can't complain about the chances.  We had chances.  Wood is a phenom... but he HAS to score goals or it won't matter.  Strikers have to score.  He did some **** that made me say wow but he had two sitters there.

Really should've won 3-1.

Terrible game.

Not the way the us played. But the way Colombia acted and the way the ref called it.

We should be used to it by now.

Don't feel bad, they're always like that. They should charge through everyone and kick the legs out from under player that look like they might have something going. Did the same thing to Chile. I haven't figure out why refs seem blind to it and don't start handing out cards.

It's things like this that make US Soccer a laughing stock to the rest of the World .....

He's only their marquee signing like. One of the biggest names on the Global stage for well over a decade. But far be it for LA to spell his darn name correctly on the back of his shirt!

Gerrard-typo.jpg

EPIC PR disaster. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

It's things like this that make US Soccer a laughing stock to the rest of the World .....

He's only their marquee signing like. One of the biggest names on the Global stage for well over a decade. But far be it for LA to spell his darn name correctly on the back of his shirt!

EPIC PR disaster. 

Hail. 

The only reason I even knew about that was because of twitter this morning.

Would've never known about it otherwise.

No accessibility

• Like 1