Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Conspiracy Thread

Reaper Skins

1 minute ago, Reaper Skins said:

Another game, another week with no holding calls against our d line.  Here's a snapshot

d58e11b.png

It was all planned ahead of time.  If Alex was starting, there would've been a "story" to put butts in front of TV's.  The refs would've called a fair game.  But he didn't, so one last ascent of the goat is the better story the refs decided to push through.  Little did the NFL realize we'd pull a rabbit out of our Heini.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Mpvanskins said:

They were tackling our guys out there. Ron even mentioned the fact that he was irritated with the non calls.

Yet they called us on a bogus "holding" to negate a first down.  By negate I mean steal.  It just would have been nice to be given an even chance in the game.

• Like 1

Just now, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

The officiating was poor whole game. We got some breaks too.

The XFL kinda showed that it's more incompetence than malevolence.

I have fallen into the conspiracy theorist rabbit hole regarding the NFL and there's not much aside from the Spygate court ruling to suggest it's more than that.

9 hours ago, Jabbyrwock said:

It was all planned ahead of time.  If Alex was starting, there would've been a "story" to put butts in front of TV's.  The refs would've called a fair game.  But he didn't, so one last ascent of the goat is the better story the refs decided to push through.  Little did the NFL realize we'd pull a rabbit out of our Heini.

IMHO, the ascent of a signed off the streets that was studying to go back to NFL and playoffs to replace the QB that hadn't play in 2 years due to freaking broken leg on the team where the HC started the year battling cancer in his first year as the HC could have make up for a great story too.

That center throwing our d linemen to the ground is blatantly holding right?..how ****ty and I imagine there were other holding plays that should have been called..but uk skins has a great point that horse collar penalty was a gimmie..a gift from the refs..but I wonder how much laundry should have been on the field for them holding. Someone made a statement in the game day thread about the nfl wants tom Brady in the superbowl..I think there right.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

IMHO, the ascent of a signed off the streets that was studying to go back to NFL and playoffs to replace the QB that hadn't play in 2 years due to freaking broken leg on the team where the HC started the year battling cancer in his first year as the HC could have make up for a great story too.

100% agree.  It was such a good story that this off the street kid and Ron's ability to coach him up so fast garnered more praise and online buzz in losing than the goat did in winning.

(Sry...I thought when I said "Pulled a rabbit out of our Heini" it was obvious I was going for a cheap sarcasm poke at this thread in my original post.  You are 100% correct in the story book ending of our season...I haven't been this happy losing the last game of the season in years.)  

45 minutes ago, Jabbyrwock said:

100% agree.  It was such a good story that this off the street kid and Ron's ability to coach him up so fast garnered more praise and online buzz in losing than the goat did in winning.

(Sry...I thought when I said "Pulled a rabbit out of our Heini" it was obvious I was going for a cheap sarcasm poke at this thread in my original post.  You are 100% correct in the story book ending of our season...I haven't been this happy losing the last game of the season in years.)  

I haven't been this happy losing the last game of the season in years EVER...

They only started calling penalties on the Bucs when it seemed like the game was out of reach for us. I think our guys need to do a much better job selling it next season, because it's been pretty blatant for quite a while, especially with Chase Young being practically tackled.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

So a lot of us were disappointed with the lack of holding calls when we played t bay in the playoffs, and some the blatant missed calls, the mckissic fumble, etc. But you can't blame the refs, so we move on.

Then we see the bucs play the packers, and they let dbs play the whole game, then that ticky tack PI on g bay to seal the win for tampa.  

Then last night the overwhelming amount of calls going against the chiefs.

It's a billion dollar industry, in a year where covid muted a lot of enthusiasm (and revenue), it makes you wonder if the NFL charted this path for the Tom brady story.   Huge ratings in both new england and tampa.  A lot of interest bc people want to root against the villain, or just to see if Tom can do it without belichick.  

A little too much going on for me to think it was all just a big coincidence.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My issue with those theories in the NFL is...why Brady this year? I could be convinced of some shadiness or favoritism at times in order to help a household name win against a nobody team. I don't think that happens, by the way, but at least I can understand the logic. 

But why would the NFL care THAT MUCH if Brady went to the Super Bowl over Rodgers? Or Brady over Mahomes in the Super Bowl? Even if you could prove that it would result in a few more eyeballs (which I'm not convinced), it's a lot of effort and risk for a very modest return. 

24 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

My issue with those theories in the NFL is...why Brady this year? I could be convinced of some shadiness or favoritism at times in order to help a household name win against a nobody team. I don't think that happens, by the way, but at least I can understand the logic. 

But why would the NFL care THAT MUCH if Brady went to the Super Bowl over Rodgers? Or Brady over Mahomes in the Super Bowl? Even if you could prove that it would result in a few more eyeballs (which I'm not convinced), it's a lot of effort and risk for a very modest return. 

Brady gets the boot from New England, where he's played his entire career completely reviving that franchise from NFL laughingstock. He then goes to Tampa  (because when you're from New England, you go to Florida to retire. They're called "snow birds."). Tampa also just so happens to be hosting the SB this year. So Tampa, led by aging but not quite done yet Tom "GOAT" Brady, finally after 50+ years gets to play the first ever Home Superbowl. And since you're already got the great story of "First ever home SB," then why not go ahead and cap it off with a win?

I'm not saying I believe this theory, FWIW, but it's not like there's NO story to be told in this series of events.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, GhostofSparta said:

I'm not saying I believe this theory, FWIW, but it's not like there's NO story to be told in this series of events.

No, I get it. I just think there's always a story line so why meddle? Aaron Rodgers was a huge story all year. Mahomes going back-to-back and being the face of the NFL trumps the rest...

I'm just saying that none of these stories so outweighs the others to justify the risk for the NFL in actually fixing games. I'm sure there are biases during the course of a game where a ref throws a flag or eats a flag in cases based on who it is. But I'm just saying that I'd be shocked to ever find out that someone sat in an office somewhere and said "Let's make sure Brady gets his 7th this year"

1 hour ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Brady is probably the most polarizing player in the NFL. EVERYONE has an opinion on him, he's the games biggest winner and the best to ever play the position--but he also has a lot of things that piss people off: primarily the gift calls--the one that started it all was the awful Tuck Rule--and cheating repeatedly in NE. I don't think it's a legitimate fix issue--but it's amazing how he always gets the benefit of so many calls.

• Thanks 2

I'm glad you brought this up. My son and I said during the Saints game that the refs were clearly trying to get Brady to the Superbowl and I saw nothing to change that viewpoint in the Packers game. Now obviously some of the penalties in the Superbowl were stupidity on the part of the Chiefs but it did seem like every single time the Chiefs got a first down it was called back on a penalty and every time the Buccs needed a 3rd or 4th down they got it on a penalty.

The dream match up for the NFL this year was Brady v Mahomes. The whole Home Stadium thing only added to that appeal. I am totally open to the fact that the matchup was pre-ordained, even if the Chief's injuries made the actual Bowl win a lot easier.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Sure...I think every sport's biggest stars get some calls sometimes. That, to me, isn't shocking or anything I'm disputing. I'm disputing some conspiracy. 

But conspiracies are FUN!

I don't think it's a conspiracy, but some of the calls were so horrific, it gives one pause.

If it was any other QB but Brady no one one have batted an eyelash (well, except fans of losing teams who always claim it’s the refs). I think people already had their minds made up that the league wanted Brady to win so anything to fit that narrative they’re all for.