Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some More Cops Who Need to Be Fired

Dan T.

40 minutes ago, Grumpy Vet said:

I'm curious how everyone feels about this:

People throwing water on NY Cops

I get there are a lot of problems with the public vs. the police, but I can't imagine doing something like above.

It’s unacceptable, of course, and will only serve to increase tensions and make any attempts towards improving things that much more difficult.  This fits right in with the current political climate which seems far more interested in showing up their opponents than solving anything.  

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Grumpy Vet said:

I'm curious how everyone feels about this:

People throwing water on NY Cops

I get there are a lot of problems with the public vs. the police, but I can't imagine doing something like above.

Not a good idea as the police can and will kill you. I understand why, and a sympathize. But not smart. 

1 minute ago, Destino said:

It’s unacceptable, of course, and will only serve to increase tensions and make any attempts towards improving things that much more difficult.  This fits right in with the current political climate which seems far more interested in showing up their opponents than solving anything.  

My question is what should people do? The government is doing nothing. A complaint to the police the department will only make you a target. Literally no one to turn to. 

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

The water thing is not smart, the person who through the actual bucket? Even less smart.  However, the response from the police union was probably even worse, blaming politicians.   Get your own house in order before blaming others.  

the people throwing the water (and particularly the bucket) are assholes

the response from the officers on the scene (that i saw from the short clip) ... keep their composure, and don't escalate ... was perfect.      

but yes... the response from the quoted police spokespeople...  was was a hot blast of diaria chile.

final grades:   

the Public on the scene:  F

the Police on the scene:  A

the police spokespeople:  F 

(on the scene grades are ONLY for the 7 seconds in the clip presented)

Edited by mcsluggo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, mcsluggo said:

the people throwing the water (and particularly the bucket) are assholes

the response from the officers on the scene (that i saw from the short clip) ... keep their composure, and don't escalate ... was perfect.      

but yes... the response from the quoted police spokespeople...  was was a hot blast of diaria chile.

final grades:   

the Public on the scene:  F

the Police on the scene:  A

the police spokespeople:  F 

(on the scene grades are ONLY for the 7 seconds in the clip presented)

Nothing to disagree with there.  I think the cops could have reacted differently and been justified, at least for the dude who threw the bucket itself.  In that article though there was a quote stating how dangerous it was because "that bucket could have been full of bleach or gasoline or etc etc etc"  I mean come on....

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/nypd-officers-who-were-doused-with-water-shouldve-been-tougher-officials-say/

on the other hand... here is to NYPD Chief of Department Terence Monahan, and Rudy Giuliani for being absolute turd buckets.... 

"Any cop who thinks that is alright, that they can walk away from something like that, maybe should reconsider whether or not this is a profession for them," said NYPD Chief of Department Terence Monahan.

SCOLDING the officers for de-escalating on the scene???   i could've EASILY seen the officer lose their cool, and respond to the taunts.... and i would've defended them for doing so (they are only human).     But it is OBVIOUS with a cool head that de-escalating was the right choice here.    

when the LEADERSHIP doesn't back up their own cops for what was OBVIOUSLY a good choice... what sort of message does THAT send?    you are only a "real cop" if you are cracking heads and being a knuckle-dragging asshole????    where are all the police advocates that should be calling out Terence Monahan for not standing by his officers???    Seriously... What the actual ****.

Bill de Blasio is FAR from my ideal candidate, but i think his position   (strongly calling out the water-throwing as atrocious, while ALSO standing by his officers) , has been the best public response to this mess....... by a ****ING MILE.

and once again very big cudos to the cops on the scene  for NOT turning an ugly incident worse.   you would hope their ****ing moron leadership would APPLAUD that, and even even encourage other officers to learn from it......  but no, not THIS dip****:

V2TAU4XX4L7EMJPX6O4Z2LSMXU.jpg

What’s always missing from these stories of lies that resulted in some random person getting jailed wrongly, is the long prison sentences for the cops and DAs responsible for it.  This is like finding a kidnapping victim in someone’s basement, but making no arrests.  This is not justice.  Justice requires that the people that stole Lamar Johnson’s life, be locked up for at least as long as he was.  

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Destino said:

What’s always missing from these stories of lies that resulted in some random person getting jailed wrongly, is the long prison sentences for the cops and DAs responsible for it.  This is like finding a kidnapping victim in someone’s basement, but making no arrests.  This is not justice.  Justice requires that the people that stole Lamar Johnson’s life, be locked up for at least as long as he was.  

*didnt read the article* 

Did they say why the police chose to do this to Lamar Johnson? 

• Like 1

Bad idea hall of fame.

People in the comments cynically but also completely legitimately pointing out that this is probably a way to get around reasonable suspicion/probable cause for immigration checks.

Because while you need reasonable suspicion to pull someone over for a criminal offense, Trump and ICE have been in an all out war to strip due process from immigrants so while state courts might toss criminal charges stemming from this (such as with a search for weed after pulling someone over for good driving), immigration court probably won't save anyone caught this way.

Edited by DogofWar1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, DogofWar1 said:

Bad idea hall of fame.

People in the comments cynically but also completely legitimately pointing out that this is probably a way to get around reasonable suspicion/probable cause for immigration checks.

Because while you need reasonable suspicion to pull someone over for a criminal offense, Trump and ICE have been in an all out war to strip due process from immigrants so while state courts might toss criminal charges stemming from this (such as with a search for weed after pulling someone over for good driving), immigration court probably won't save anyone caught this way.

Great episode on Citations Needed about "the fun and friendly" police stories.

2 hours ago, DogofWar1 said:

Bad idea hall of fame.

Even if it were on the up and up, a free drink at a gas station is not worth the stress and lost time for getting pulled over. 

4 hours ago, Destino said:

The men actually responsible for killing Boyd in a botched robbery would reveal themselves much sooner. They confessed as early as 1996 and 2002, saying in sworn affidavits that Johnson was not involved. Johnson continued to languish in prison anyway.

4 hours ago, Llevron said:

*didnt read the article* 

Did they say why the police chose to do this to Lamar Johnson? 

The homicide investigation seemed poisoned from the start, investigators found. Before police even interviewed the sole eyewitness, police already wrote down the name of a prime suspect: Johnson. The intel appeared based on little more than a hunch from the victim’s girlfriend. She had told police she couldn’t see the killers’ faces: They were wearing ski masks.

They had a suspect in mind and did everything to make sure he fit their narrative.

2 hours ago, JSSkinz said:

Arrest report:

https://www.scribd.com/document/419679227/Robert-Andre-Morton

According to the report Robert Morton was pulled over for going 101mph in a 65mph zone.  He was asked to step out of the vehicle after he refused to provide his drivers license to the officer.  Not sure if any of that is true, but it would explain the situation and exactly how a person can end up arrested for speeding.   

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Destino said:

Arrest report:

https://www.scribd.com/document/419679227/Robert-Andre-Morton

According to the report Robert Morton was pulled over for going 101mph in a 65mph zone.  He was asked to step out of the vehicle after he refused to provide his drivers license to the officer.  Not sure if any of that is true, but it would explain the situation and exactly how a person can end up arrested for speeding.   

One thing about these videos that are posted is that many of them leave out the beginning and just show the portion where the police get physical.

I guess 40 miles over the limit would be considered reckless driving which I believe is an arrestable offense.