Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some More Cops Who Need to Be Fired

Dan T.

On 9/5/2019 at 5:59 PM, Llevron said:

It’s pretty upsetting to hear that dude beg for him to stop hurting him. I know he started the car but that **** was way way excessive. That cop is a maniac. 

I also wanna know what the reasoning behind repeated blows to the back of the head is. What does that help you do? 

I’m gonna go out on a limb and say maybe knock a mother****er out cold.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

What type of bull**** is this? That lady going to walk free.

So a law specifically intended to allow people to defend themselves in their own homes against those breaking in, is going to be used to defend a person that broke into a mans home and shot him?  That’s outrageous.  

If this is possible, and not just some misreading of the law by a crazy judge, than that’s a seriously flawed law.  

5 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I wanted to think that that scenario would've been a hard sell to any proper jury, but this being 'Murica and all, I wasn't counting on it. Glad I was wrong. 

Hope she rots.

I actually feel like the people of the country are evolving, even though the system really isnt. 

I hope so, atleast. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I actually feel like the people of the country are evolving, even though the system really isnt. 

I hope so, atleast. 

Her being found guilty is the first step but the sentencing needs to fit the crime.

• Like 2

Just now, JSSkinz said:

Her being found guilty is the first step but the sentencing needs to fit the crime.

True. Part of what I call the system is the Judge so im not really expecting her to get a fitting punishment. But the fact that most seem to agree that a person cant just walk into another's home and kill them regardless of the circumstances is a good step forward to me. 

My question to anyone interested is, do you think shes telling the truth about making a mistake and if so, do you think it being a mistake should make her punishment more lenient? I dont know the answer for myself, thats why Im asking. 

• Like 3

My o/u on the sentence is 15 years.   Only because the judge realizes she'd only serve half that.   So she'll have the bulk of her life left over when she gets out.  Too bad Botham Jean won't. 

10 minutes ago, Llevron said:

True. Part of what I call the system is the Judge so im not really expecting her to get a fitting punishment. But the fact that most seem to agree that a person cant just walk into another's home and kill them regardless of the circumstances is a good step forward to me. 

My question to anyone interested is, do you think shes telling the truth about making a mistake and if so, do you think it being a mistake should make her punishment more lenient? I dont know the answer for myself, thats why Im asking. 

I think it was a mistake going into the apartment.  I actually almost did that once (circumstances were different, it was totally pitch black because lights were out, misjudged distance between my elevator and my door, luckily the door was locked).   However, once she saw a black man, I think something inside of her took over and she got trigger happy.  At that point, it was an intentional act.

I might have convicted (of a lesser charge) even it was her apartment.  I can understand shooting someone who breaks in while you are in your home, but if you are away and you find someone in you residence, should you be alllowed to shoot them even if you or someone else aren't under direct threat? So in my mind, the circumstances of her thinking it was her apartment, didn't even give her cause to shoot the guy in the first place.  Of course in Texas things work a little different I guess. 

Edited by DCSaints_fan
  • Like 2

Just now, Llevron said:

IMO when it comes to guilty or innocent it doesn't matter if she truly believes she made a mistake and furthermore using the word "mistake" to explain what she did is unconscionable. There are mistakes that happen but this is beyond a mistake IMO.

If she gets anything less than 50 years its a joke.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Nah, I don't think she's telling the truth at all. I know this all speculation, but I think she knew who he was, she got angry for some reason, went to his apt and killed him. Immediately afterwards, she realized she'd ****ed up and this lame defense is all she could think of considering she was in his apt. 

6 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

Nah, I don't think she's telling the truth at all. I know this all speculation, but I think she knew who he was, she got angry for some reason, went to his apt and killed him. Immediately afterwards, she realized she'd ****ed up and this lame defense is all she could think of considering she was in his apt. 

If she did, she's the best actor in the entire world.

10 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

If she did, she's the best actor in the entire world.

I heard she did a lot of crying on the stand, don't doubt for a second her showing up looking like she hadn't slept in six years and crying her eyes out wasn't schemed by the defense to garner sympathy. She gets none from me. She killed a man, I hope she rots in prison. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

I heard she did a lot of crying on the stand, don't doubt for a second her showing up looking like she hadn't slept in six years and crying her eyes out wasn't schemed by the defense to garner sympathy. She gets none from me. She killed a man, I hope she rots in prison. 

Agreed. I would've been happy with manslaughter with 20 years. But this will do. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

My question to anyone interested is, do you think shes telling the truth about making a mistake and if so, do you think it being a mistake should make her punishment more lenient?

it may have been a mistake

ive gone into the wrong house before. I know others that have too. 

but she’s an officer carrying a weapon. Even when off duty there’s a level of responsibility above a normal person. And I’d have a hard time accepting it from a normal person (that they then shot someone)

furthermore her actions afterwards were not those of an honest individual making a mistake. They’re the actions of a dishonest person trying to cover up a mistake. So it doesn’t really matter to me if it started as an honest mistake. 

• Like 2

I just watched one of the witness testimonies on YouTube. He says, after having to confirm his criminal history, that he heard her on the phone say she made a mistake and went into the wrong apt 2 minutes after he heard the gunshots. 

It doesn't appear she knew he was there, so maybe she is being truthful about how it occurred. It still doesn't change the fact people have to be accountable for their actions, and her reaction to a black man "in her apartment" was to shoot him twice without any hesitation. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

It doesn't appear she knew he was there, so maybe she is being truthful about how it occurred. It still doesn't change the fact people have to be accountable for their actions, and her reaction to a black man "in her apartment" was to shoot him twice without any hesitation. 

And then the rest of the police came around and "sprinkled some crack* on him" as Dave Chappelle would say. 

*marijuana - as to attack the victim a bit just in case they would wiggle her out of a conviction. 

• Like 1

One of the the bullet paths was also weird.   It travelled at a downard angle, suggesting that Botham Jean was bent over, which may have been in the process of getting up, or maybe flinching.  

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/deep-viral/amber-guyger-trial-botham-jean-was-bent-over-or-lying-on-back-when-shot-medical-examiner-testifies/991058837

8 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

I just watched one of the witness testimonies on YouTube. He says, after having to confirm his criminal history, that he heard her on the phone say she made a mistake and went into the wrong apt 2 minutes after he heard the gunshots. 

A case for extensive premeditation is hard to make.  But premeditation (malice) in a legal sense, can be fomulated very quickly.  In other words, you don't have to believe she set out to kill Botham Jean at any point before going into his apartment, in order to convict of murder.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gamebreaker said:

I was referring to her 911 calls in the immediate aftermath.  She ****ed up, big time, but I don't believe for a second she targeted the guy like you suggested.

I think the case raises a larger issue of police training.  The reality is that officers should rarely ever have to unholster their weapon, and even more rarely, if ever, have to fire their weapon.  Yet they have to pass quarterly firing range training and go through "shoot-don't shoot" training simulators as part of their initial and ongoing training, and I have to think that constant training makes officers overly ready to fire their weapons. 

It's a dilemma.  They have to be trained and ready to use their weapon, but by the same token, they need to understand that the chances of them actually having to use their weapon is extremely rare.