Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some More Cops Who Need to Be Fired


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

Happy to be proven wrong. Def thought this was going to end with the same old bull****.

 

Well next is the sentencing phase.  I believe she can get as little as 5 years, which means she could be out in 2 and half.  This could be a Brock Turner like deal.

Edited by DCSaints_fan
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, DCSaints_fan said:

 

Well next is the sentencing phase.  I believe she can get as little as 5 years, which means she could be out in 2 and half.  This could be a Brock Turner like deal.

Sentencing is about to start, per MSNBC. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, DCSaints_fan said:

 

Well next is the sentencing phase.  I believe she can get as little as 5 years, which means she could be out in 2 and half.  This could be a Brock Turner like deal.

This is why I said she should get 50 years, she'll do 20 of them and be out when she's 50. 

 

Is that too much to ask for what she did, 20 years of her life in exchange for his entire life.

Link to post
Share on other sites

To anyone upset with the sentencing, I'm shocked people expected more, please hear me out.  Once the judge allowed the Castle Doctrine, and Mistake of Fact, immediately you can see the sentencing not being more than 15.  In a convo about this, I said 10-12 high, 6-8 lower.

 

These 2 are extremely important and were important enough to have the jury receive a quick lesson on them.  This would absolutely be considered during a sentence.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, StillUnknown said:

 

the family can handle it how they want.

 

why the **** is the judge comforting a killer?

 

she is a ****ing murderer. **** her feelings. I'm so sick of this ****.

Oh FFS!😩 Why do black folks always have to do this Uncle Tom Xtian forgiveness BS all the time? It’s completely and totally sickening.🤬🤬🤬

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, The Sisko said:

Oh FFS!😩 Why do black folks always have to do this Uncle Tom Xtian forgiveness BS all the time? It’s completely and totally sickening.🤬🤬🤬

 

I'm curious though, why is it looked down upon?  The brother of the victim did something much better than I ever would have done in this moment I feel, and I don't think shouldn't be a UT comment here. 

 

As for the judge, I think she did not do the right thing for her profession, but I do think she did the right thing as a Christian - and that doesn't give her an acceptable excuse for the profession.  But she should have given the Bible, open to the verse saying read that and please keep and step away.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, superozman said:

 

I'm curious though, why is it looked down upon?  The brother of the victim did something much better than I ever would have done in this moment I feel, and I don't think shouldn't be a UT comment here. 

 

Its holding us back. 

 

 

50 minutes ago, superozman said:

As for the judge, I think she did not do the right thing for her profession, but I do think she did the right thing as a Christian - and that doesn't give her an acceptable excuse for the profession.  But she should have given the Bible, open to the verse saying read that and please keep and step away.

 

So many people aint christian though. No justice for us? 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

There was never going to be a easy resolution to this case.  There’s just so many unknown variables.  Only two people know what truly happened. One isn’t alive.  Do I think she necessary intentional murdered him?  I’m not sure.  Her behavior and remorse would edge toward no.  Do I think her decision making was reckless in that she could have called for back up rather than confronting what she thought was a intruder at gunpoint? Yes.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

y'all make no ****ing sense, except when viewed through the prism of vengeful "us-versus them..and if they aren't us, then **** em" assholes that i think most of you THINK you despise.

 

this wasn't a "bad cops" episode like the ones that <should> dominate a thread like this... it wasn't a little napoleon abusing power to intimidate/persecute someone.  it wasn't someone planting evidence to rail-road someone.   It wasn't corruption or "thin blue line" (that i know of?) ..it wasn't even police duty.

 

it was stupid, and it was tragic, but it was an accident (it would be infinitely better in the gun-control thread than inthe police abusing power thread-- this sort of accident doesn't happen if people aren't walking around with guns)

 

 

i would imagine that every single person ****ing and moaning in this thread ALSO have (rightfully) bemoaned the lack of compassion in the judicial system.   the over-incarceration of segments of our society.   the fact that justice should be blind to the people involved (no racial/gender/orientation biases) but NOT blind to the underlying circumstances...

 

 

but as soon as the person on the other side of the docket has worn a uniform your logic/manner/lack of compassion start to sound quite a bit like bigoted assholes that don't care about what actually happened ...just that some dirty ****er from the other side is made to suffer.   

 

And then you get pissed because the brother of the victim and the judge show actual compassion....??!??!

 

Edited by Destino
because rules.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Llevron said:

 

Its holding us back. 

 

 

 

So many people aint christian though. No justice for us? 

 

 

Can you clarify how it's "Holding us back".  The way i see it, is this person did something more admirable than a lot of people may do, so why would a whole race (assuming "us" = black) be held back, because someone did something admirable? 

 

 

Agreed not everyone is Christian.  Which is why i still think that the judge did something incorrect here.  I have yet to see the video if maybe it was something that really snowballed in the heat of the moment or not, which still the judge needs to be reprimanded either way, if it truly is unethical as we all believe.

 

Thanks for an honest convo instead of attacking!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mcsluggo said:

y'all make no ****ing sense, except when viewed through the prism of vengeful "us-versus them..and if they aren't us, then **** em" assholes that i think most of you THINK you despise.

 

this wasn't a "bad cops" episode like the ones that <should> dominate a thread like this... it wasn't a little napoleon abusing power to intimidate/persecute someone.  it wasn't someone planting evidence to rail-road someone.   It wasn't corruption or "thin blue line" (that i know of?) ..it wasn't even police duty.

 

it was stupid, and it was tragic, but it was an accident (it would be infinitely better in the gun-control thread than inthe police abusing power thread-- this sort of accident doesn't happen if people aren't walking around with guns)

 

 

i would imagine that every single person ****ing and moaning in this thread ALSO have (rightfully) bemoaned the lack of compassion in the judicial system.   the over-incarceration of segments of our society.   the fact that justice should be blind to the people involved (no racial/gender/orientation biases) but NOT blind to the underlying circumstances...

 

 

but as soon as the person on the other side of the docket has worn a uniform your logic/manner/lack of compassion start to sound quite a bit like bigoted assholes that don't care about what actually happened ...just that some dirty ****er from the other side is made to suffer.   

 

And then you get pissed because the brother of the victim and the judge show actual compassion....??!??!

 

You sound like a bunch of ****ing dicks.

 

 

 

This compassion **** is one way street. Its never returned when someone with a little darkness in their skin is the defendant

Edited by Destino
because rules.
  • Thanks 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, superozman said:

Can you clarify how it's "Holding us back".  The way i see it, is this person did something more admirable than a lot of people may do, so why would a whole race (assuming "us" = black) be held back, because someone did something admirable? 

 

Naw by us believe it or not I mean Americans, We clearly have a problem with justice being administered fairly in this country. It happens for multiple reasons. Color of skins is obvious in this case and many others. But classicism is really a problem here. As well as people in positions of power or authority getting away with literally and figurative murder. And I think accepting, for any reason under any circumstance, is putting justice secondary to something else. That something can very. I could substitute the word fairness for justice here too.

 

Its a harsh metaphor to be sure, but I liken it to an abusive relationship. You often hear of victims of spousal abuse making excuses, or defending the abuser for one reason or another. Not accepting that this shouldn't be happening to you is part of the problem. Your spouse, no matter how much he or she loves you, shouldn't be hitting you. Your police, no matter how much they want to protect and serve you, shouldn't be walking into your house to and accidentally shooting you. 

 

Despite the circumstances, she did kill this man. And rather you believe her or not, she should do a fair amount of jail time and serve as an example to other to be careful. When you have power like that, you should be held fully responsible. 

 

Thats my opinion obviously. And there is room for us to disagree here just like in most things. I can understand why your faith would lead you to feel otherwise. I feel like faith should have nothing to do with our justice system. But again, we differ here and thats fine with me. 

 

18 minutes ago, superozman said:

 

Agreed not everyone is Christian.  Which is why i still think that the judge did something incorrect here.  I have yet to see the video if maybe it was something that really snowballed in the heat of the moment or not, which still the judge needs to be reprimanded either way, if it truly is unethical as we all believe.

 

Just to clarify, I dont think the judge was wrong to pity her and give her a hug. I wouldn't really think that about the family either if circumstances were different. But still, even with pity -- It must be hard to accidentally kill someone and then it ruins your life -- even WITH pity, justice should be fair and not based on any kind of bias. And in that I think she deserved more time. But again this is all my opinion. This makes me think of Kamala Harris and her problems reaching black people, actually. Cause is exactly how she did her business. Equal and fair, despite bias. Following the law and justice she swore to uphold made her put away alot of black people for petty crime. But that was the law. And the law. 

 

Also reminds me of Trump and his being above the law right now. Im running on now, but I hope you get where im coming from. 

 

18 minutes ago, superozman said:

Thanks for an honest convo instead of attacking!

 

No worries, you dont come off as dishonest to me, so I feel no need to attack you or your ideas. I prefer to exchange them when I think we are both coming from a good place. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

oh... i know i am a dick!    but i also truly believe that our criminal justice system ****s over people for no reason better than "there is SOMEBODY out there that won't feel good unless somebody ELSE gets reamed".    It is a stupid way to dole out justice.    It is usually people of color getting reamed by the system, and by listing to the mob-rule, but a justice system with less of view towards vengeance would benefit everyone.   

 

I am not arguing that the woman shouldn't be going to jail, but i AM arguing against people pissed because she didn't get 99 years (for instance) or getting pissed because she was shown some physical compassion after she WAS sentenced to jail (not in a reduced sentence...but in a ****ing HUG) ---

 

--- yeah.. that is being a dick.  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Llevron said:

 

...But classicism is really a problem here. As well as people in positions of power or authority getting away with literally and figurative murder... 

 

Its a harsh metaphor to be sure, but I liken it to an abusive relationship... 

 

Despite the circumstances, she did kill this man. And rather you believe her or not, she should do a fair amount of jail time and serve as an example to other to be careful. When you have power like that, you should be held fully responsible. 

 

Just to clarify, I dont think the judge was wrong to pity her and give her a hug....

 

 both coming from a good place. 

 

Shrunk the quote down as best as possible to follow rules, but highlight my response.

 

Classism, in my opinion, is where I think much of the frustration lies.  And I do agree that instances of people in power/authority have gotten away with murder, because they've had great attorneys, or the powers above them have assisted (WHICH IS AWFUL).  But Classism/Financially well-off people do have a higher propensity to be able to lower sentence through good attorneys, vs a public defender for a regular case.

 

Oh sorry on the judge piece - i thought you did!  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

This compassion **** is one way street. Its never returned when someone with a little darkness in their skin is the defendant

 

Not touching the first comment LOL.

 

I've seen compassion both ways, and I state that knowing I've read articles or heard news clips of judges stating things.  Are you certain that it's never happened?  I've seen compassion for all sorts of people in many aspects of law.

 

I guess what you are saying it happens more for whites than non-whites?  And I'm sure there have been racist judges out there, so I can agree that it would happen and maybe happens more for people with a little darkness on their skin, but I just don't think it's honest saying its a one way street.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Llevron said:

Its holding us back.

Forgiveness has never held anyone back.  Holding a grudge sure as hell does though.  The examples around the world of people that can't let **** go and the suffering that it has caused are easy to see.  Forgiveness is the only way for people, harmed in a way that can never be undone, to take their lives back.  The only way to avoid being defined by a wound that nothing can make right. 

 

Forgiveness does not mean forgetting.  It just means letting go of the personal animosity.  I can forgive someone and still think they should be punished appropriately. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, mcsluggo said:

You sound like a bunch of ****ing dicks.

 

Probably weed in your house.

 

When the cops come I'll tell everyone you confronted them at the door if you get shot, just in case.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mcsluggo said:

You sound like a bunch of ****ing dicks.

 

57 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

**** you

 

I realize that this is an emotional topic, but I can't have this.  No more warnings.

 

I'm editing both of your posts to avoid a chain reaction that closes down the thread. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Destino said:

 

 

I realize that this is an emotional topic, but I can't have this.  No more warnings.

 

I'm editing both of your posts to avoid a chain reaction that closes down the thread. 

 

I shouldnt have said that first part, my apologies

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...