Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Potential Trade Partners if Mariota Falls

emor09

Lol, why can't you argue with a mod? As long as you follow the forum rules you'll be fine.

Just because I dont want to argue with the Staff does not mean I wont present a case they may 100% disagree with if I feel strongly about it. I value being a member on this forum who cant speak his mind when he chooses and wouldnt want to upset the authority or lose that privellege

Just because I dont want to argue with the Staff does not mean I wont present a case they may 100% disagree with if I feel strongly about it. I value being a member on this forum who cant speak his mind when he chooses and wouldnt want to upset the authority or lose that privellege

You won't. Mods are like anyone else on the message board. Just follow the rules, you'll be fine.

Add me to the very very (hell could be the only one here thinking this) small group here that believes if Mariota was to fall to 5 that the absolute best thing for this team to do is to draft him ourselves.

You can add me to the list, hankersonfan. I, too, think the Redskins could and should draft Mariota if he falls to them. They are keeping it hush-hush, which is something this organization has not been very good at over the years. His chances of success are as likely or unlikely as anyone left on the board to be drafted. I don't think Gruden is an RG3 fan, so saying he is the starting QB for the upcoming season may only be a smoke screen.

I hope they draft Mariota and I only want to see a trade down for a king's ransom, because he may very well be a franchise QB.

Having too much assets is better then not having enough, and keep away is a good strategy too. Not to mention our basket getting three eggs increases our odds of success not guarenteeing it but increases our odds. Its all probably a mute point anyway, he might not be there at 5 but if he was Im shocking the world and picking him

Chill :-) no one is getting banned or any other action for having an opinion which is different to mine or any other MOD, as long as you stay inside the rules. Rules that apply to me just as much as you. Differing views argued with respect are what this board should be all about.

If there was an Andrew Luck type, as close to can't miss as it's possible to be at the top of the draft then I might agree with you. But if there was of course he would not be falling to #5 so we are back to the trade up scenario. So adding a QB who falls to 5 who has all the issues RGIII had/has (ran a spread offense, no experience in a rythym offense or working progressions) and has less athletic ability seems - strange. Especially on a team with a LOT of other needs.

This team is not drafting a QB in the first round this year.

Chill :-) no one is getting banned or any other action for having an opinion which is different to mine or any other MOD, as long as you stay inside the rules. Rules that apply to me just as much as you. Differing views argued with respect are what this board should be all about.

If there was an Andrew Luck type, as close to can't miss as it's possible to be at the top of the draft then I might agree with you. But if there was of course he would not be falling to #5 so we are back to the trade up scenario. So adding a QB who falls to 5 who has all the issues RGIII had/has (ran a spread offense, no experience in a rythym offense or working progressions) and has less athletic ability seems - strange. Especially on a team with a LOT of other needs.

This team is not drafting a QB in the first round this year.

I don't want to be banned, so I agree with you.

Was that OK?

OOOPS!   Missed Kyle's departure from the Brownies.

Thanks VOR.

Browns should still be interested though.

JM not the answer. 

The Browns have a serious problem: They have actually spent MORE high draft round picks on the QB position, with absolutely no results.  I don't think they could (or rather should) spend another set of picks to move up for another QB, after having done just that last year.

They bungled it up by picking Manzel. (and Wheeton, and every QB they've picked up since Tim Couch)

But I agree, JM is not the answer.  

Not a chance the Titans take Mariota I don't think.

Doesn't suit what Whisenhunt wants in a QB whatsoever. Titans will roll with Mett and have a vet back up like Sanchez for when it falls apart. 

I'd be very confident Mariota will be there #5. We should seek every avenue possible to trade the pick even though I'm not overly keen about dealing with the Eagles. They'd have to go past RG3-Rams trade territory for me to contemplate it. 

Mariotta is the same prospect as Griffin coming out just less arm strength and speed. I can't see a scenario where we draft him.

I'd prefer to trade back a bit if he is there, preferably not to the Eagles but I'd take our picks and worry about Philly with Mariotta later, if they were the only suitors and gave us a great deal.

A great team in our division shouldnt scare us, it should inspire and require us to step up our game as well and in this scenario, we'd at least have the draft picks to do just that

I would say that Oakland, Jacksonville and us will have phones ringing a lot.

I don't expect Tampa to trade down, and I'm doubtful about Tennessee.

But those picking 3-5 are great candidates for trading down. And I bet there'll be at least one of them trading down.

The Jets will trade with Oakland and pick him at #4.

Here is another scenario. What if the Redskins draft Mariota at #5 then trade RGIII to the Jets for pick number #6. The Jets might prefer RGIII over Foles. The Redskins get Mariota and a player they like at #6.RGIII gets a new start. The Jets get a QB and the Eagles are left with Foles.

Here is another scenario. What if the Redskins draft Mariota at #5 then trade RGIII to the Jets for pick number #6. The Jets might prefer RGIII over Foles. The Redskins get Mariota and a player they like at #6.RGIII gets a new start. The Jets get a QB and the Eagles are left with Foles.

You can't be serious because you probably couldn't get a decent pick for Robert at this point let alone the 6th pick in the draft.  Come on man!

HTTR!

The problem here is that RG3 is currently worth approximately pick #6 in the 4th round. He's a reclamation project at best.

Can we trade Desean Jackson for two number 1s while we're at it? How about Chris Chester for a 2nd?

By #6 you mean 6th rounder, right?

I was wondering where my weed went! Now I know.

Actually, its not out of the question that it COULDN'T happen; we've seen stranger things happen.

But, New York is the absolute media capitol of the NFL, and I doubt Griffin would make it a year, mentally-speaking. Not even Brandon Marshall can stomach their ferocity.

Archived