Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Potential Trade Partners if Mariota Falls

emor09

My not too far into fantasy land trade down is

1) swap our # 5 for the jet's #6 & jet's 3rd rounder (jets pick Mariota)

2) swap our new #6 with the rams for their #10, their 2nd and 3rd round picks (rams pick a WR)

This leaves us with pick #10 in the first, picks # 6 and 9 in the 2nd round and picks # 5 and 6 in the 3rd round.

2) swap our new #6 with the rams for their #10, their 2nd and 3rd round picks (rams pick a WR)

This leaves us with pick #10 in the first, picks # 6 and 9 in the 2nd round and picks # 5 and 6 in the 3rd round.

We can dream, huh?  :)

Scherff  seems likely to be available much later.  If we can get more picks we should go for it.  Picking him at five is kind of a waste of potential

I don't see Scherff going down as far as ten. So if we want him, let's not drop back way too much. You can bet other teams are high on him and need him.

He'd do it and laugh

Considering it took us a swap of 1st, a 2nd and 2 more 1st to go from 6 to 2, giving us 2 first to jump from 12 to 5 might be a little bit short from my standards. If they can add a first next year would be great.

Lots of IFs here. but, if we can trade down twice small is way better than getting down big one time.

I just want to remind everybody that Colt McCoy is terrible. 

LOL... sort of, but not as a 3rd stringer who beat Dallas (in Dallas... rare), and the way KC handed off the football to the other teams last year... not so terrible if 2nd stringer. Should have at least been given the TB game. That's the only time I totally disagreed with Gruden last year. I don't know, I'm wondering if Cleveland (at 12) is ready to give up on Johnny Football and might trade up with us for an exchange and a first for next year (thinking if we don't pick MM, the Jets at 6 just might). If so, I hope so and we should take it.

No way do we get 3 firsts from the Browns. Take 12 and 19 and try for a late rounder and dance the night away after it happens

That sounds good. I was thinking just the 12th spot (only) and a first next year, but I think you've got it about right. The Browns... we can work with 'em.

Based on people's predictions the people most likely to be traded up for are Mariota, Amari Cooper and Leonard Williams.  What are the odds that all three are gone, through trades or people using their own picks by the time we pick.  Would anyone likely be willing to trade up for Vic Beasley or Kevin White?

Based on people's predictions the people most likely to be traded up for are Mariota, Amari Cooper and Leonard Williams.  What are the odds that all three are gone, through trades or people using their own picks by the time we pick.  Would anyone likely be willing to trade up for Vic Beasley or Kevin White?

Probably not, especially for Beasley but for some reason top WR's always seem to make teams giddy and you never know how much a team may value a player, I could see a trade happening but I doubt it. 

I  wouldn't rule out teams not being interested in moving up for Beasley or White. Media reports that a lot of teams see a lot more upside to Kevin White. Top receivers are in high demand in this league right now. I think Skins have lots of options for making a trade back.

In that scenario, Fowler would be available too.

But White could bring a trade at that point. There are supposed to be a couple of teams interested and with Cooper off the board and the Jets and Bears on deck, trading up for White might be your last chance to get a premier WR.

• 2 weeks later...

Bleacher report says the Browns are still interested in moving to 5.  Seems like a straight up trade of Firsts would be the way to go. 

Redskins 1st round - 5th pick (1,700 points)

1. Cleveland's 1st round 12th (1,200) and 19th (875). 

- Total value in return would be (2,075)

- This option would give Great Scot the ability to turn the 19th into more picks

-or-

2.  Clevelands 1st round 12th + Cleveland 2nd round 11th + 4th round 12th. 

- Total value of return in points for Redskins would be 1,742

Bleacher report says the Browns are still interested in moving to 5.  Seems like a straight up trade of Firsts would be the way to go. 

Redskins 1st round - 5th pick (1,700 points)

1. Cleveland's 1st round 12th (1,200) and 19th (875). 

- Total value in return would be (2,075)

- This option would give Great Scot the ability to turn the 19th into more picks

-or-

2.  Clevelands 1st round 12th + Cleveland 2nd round 11th + 4th round 12th. 

- Total value of return in points for Redskins would be 1,742

I would be happy with either of these scenarios, and prefer #2.

At pick #12 they could still get a high impact player and the extra 2 and 4 gives them a chance to build depth.

I would be happy with either of these scenarios, and prefer #2.

At pick #12 they could still get a high impact player and the extra 2 and 4 gives them a chance to build depth.

Prefer a first a 2nd and a 4th at value of around 1700, over two first with a value of 2000+?

I like #1 but i think its a pipe dream. I wouldn't do #2. I would prob. just pick the guy they are moving up for. 

I would do:

The 19th and the forth (Best OL left @ 19) 

and a 1st next year. (Hope they tank the season, and that pick is high) 

This allows them to keep a 1st round this year PLUS get their guy. Use the 1st next year we get from them, maybe on the good safety class?

The point value is large in our favor on this type of deal, but makes it an easier pill to swallow for them, keeping one of those 1st this year.  I think this could happen before #1 up top. Also allows them a trade down chance,  to re-coup the 4th?

Only Mariota would bring in this type of deal and I think hes gone @2 

The more and more I think about it I wouldn't mind if Wash stays at 5 and draft BPA. Whether its Shelton, Ray, Beasey, Fowler or even White.

That's kind of where my head is right now. Trading down for compensation in the 2nd or 3rd would be great, yes. But will I be upset with BPA at #5? Heck no. We need a mix of stars and lunch pail guys. Lots of holes to fill. Plus, we need some new energy on this team and one of these top tier guys could bring it.

Archived