Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "Marvel" Thread (Movies,Comics etc)

BRAVEONAWARPATH

58 minutes ago, Chachie said:

I don't remember Morbius being in the Sinister Six but then the cinematic versions of Marvel comics have always tweaked things a bit.

I believe SONY is actually doing this film & they have the rights to the SS. Keep in mind some of the MARVEL tweaking was due to them not having the rights to all of their characters. 

Leto's Morbius looks way better then his Joker ever did.

Nice touch with the Spidey murderer poster in that alley shot. 

• Like 1

On 1/3/2020 at 10:49 AM, Larry said:

Hope there's a public bathroom scene.  :) 

But more seriously, I really think it's time for folks to pay less attention to this stuff.  For one thing, because it pays too much attention to people's group identity.  Or to quotas.  "We have to make sure that we check this checkbox".  

I was pretty relieved at the way Star Trek did their "We're going to introduce an openly gay character to the bridge" thing.  The entire "coming out" thing was that, when the crew of the Enterprise debarked at the starbase, there was a male person and a child waiting to greet Sulu.  They hugged, walked off.  That was it.  No big dialog.  It was no big deal.  You'd have to be intentionally looking for it to even notice it.  

The only one that was truly pissed off at Sulu being homosexual in the latest version is....George Takei.

He was pretty vocal about it. I do believe he said they should have just introduced a new character.

2 hours ago, TK said:

I believe SONY is actually doing this film & they have the rights to the SS. Keep in mind some of the MARVEL tweaking was due to them not having the rights to all of their characters. 

Leto's Morbius looks way better then his Joker ever did.

Nice touch with the Spidey murderer poster in that alley shot. 

I would expect though, that if they had the rights to the Sinister Six that they could do something with the actual members of the SS. I'm not implying they DON'T have those rights. I'm just wondering if (or even why) they plan to make Morbius a part of that. Either way, it's a cool character and I'm psyched to see this... even if I don't expect it to do well at the box office.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
38 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I'd be okay with that but she was really good as the crafty tech-oriented sidekick. I like her in that role.

If the plan was ever to have Shuri be the Black Panther, I think they woulda casted somebody else. As the crafty, tech-oriented, mostly comedic sidekick, she fits more than as the BP, IMO.  

Edited by justice98

I thought she would eventually take a modified iron man suit be the next one there not become BP.  They could always just say Killmonger was still saved at the end after pulling the knife out. We saw thru Bilbo being shot in the spine that their medical prowess is impressive. 

or m’baku from the Jabori tribe. He shined in BP both as an actor and character and was visible in Infinity War and Endgame too. They were going to make him a he BP when they thought T’Challa died. he would be a good replacement 

or they simply recast and pretend it’s still T’Challa which is what they will probably do 

I’d rather they make Okoye (Danai Gurira) black panther if they’re going to promote someone from the original cast.  We’ve seen her play a badass before and she can pull it off.  The actress that plays Shuri doesn’t strike me as a good fit for that role.  Then again, maybe she can get in that marvel shape and surprise everyone. 

Just now, Momma There Goes That Man said:

or m’baku from the Jabori tribe. He shined in BP both as an actor and character and was visible in Infinity War and Endgame too. They were going to make him a he BP when they thought T’Challa died. he would be a good replacement  

I like this idea too.

1 hour ago, Destino said:

I’d rather they make Okoye (Danai Gurira) black panther if they’re going to promote someone from the original cast.  We’ve seen her play a badass before and she can pull it off.  The actress that plays Shuri doesn’t strike me as a good fit for that role.  Then again, maybe she can get in that marvel shape and surprise everyone. 

I like this idea too.

They can make Nakia (Lupita Nyong'o) Black Panther also.  She was T'Challa's love interest and she's a warrior.  They could easily write in that Nakia and T'Challa married offscreen after the events of Endgame making her queen.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

or they simply recast and pretend it’s still T’Challa which is what they will probably do 

I don't think they do that.

I believe they will pay tribute to Chadwick's BP at the beginning of BP2 and the new movie will be about someone rising to claim the mantle as the new BP.

BP2 is happening. There is no way they don't make a part 2, after the money the first one made.

Mbaku was a pretty major villain in the comics, one who was always trying to get the Black Panther political and physical and economic powers, which was typically demonstrated as a disaster for wakanda.  He was a brutal tyrant.  It wouldn't feel right to me if he became Black Panther. Shuri is the most canonical choice.  But her character in the MCU is going to have to get more serious and she's going to need help to carry and sell a blockbuster action film IMO.  She doesn't have Boseman's tremendous on screen charisma.

The other route is they make an entirely different kind of movie.  Not a massive action epic, but a much smaller movie that is more of a character study.  That could still work, and they do have a world class prestige film leading actress in Lupita Nyong'o already working in the franchise.

There is no way the studio didn't know about his illness.  He would have been diagnosed not long after he was cast in the role and shot Civil War.  He had to have been pretty sick when they greenlit the sequel, so they've had years to prepare for making the movie without him.  The studio is a creative machine, I wouldn't be surprised if they did some covert early shooting with him to get him into the film before he was too sick to work.  Probably nothing major, but enough to preserve continuity.

• Thanks 1

I don't see how they can just kill him off screen and start somebody new. They'd have to heavily lean into the CGI route to give him a proper movie sendoff. I think they do some type of memorial post credits to honor Boseman but the character in the movie is still T'Challa just recast

40 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Mbaku was a pretty major villain in the comics, one who was always trying to get the Black Panther political and physical and economic powers, which was typically demonstrated as a disaster for wakanda.  He was a brutal tyrant.  It wouldn't feel right to me if he became Black Panther.

Didn't know this but he was a bright spot in a movie full of standouts and seems to have become a reliable right hand to T'Challa following the betrayal for Killmonger of the Get Out dude whose name escapes me. 

I wish they hadn't killed Killmonger just because he was a great villain and I love MBJ. Would be cool for him to get a redemption arc following t'Challa's mercy and he could choose to honor that legacy while continuing the royal family bloodline. Would be hard to sell and work at all though with how radicalized he had become and how many innocents he's killed but I selfishly want it. 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 1