Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Better Call Saul

RawBBQSauce

I find myself enjoying the Mike portions of the show more than Saul's this season. For whatever reason, Saul's storyline just isn't keeping my attention like it did last season.

Mike's storyline more closely resembles Breaking Bad. Maybe that's why.

Is Mike gonna do something that will cripple Salamacha?

Yowza!  I don't think Hector's affliction was ever really explained in Breaking Bad, so the door is open for that as a plot point.  Did you see the preview clip above, with the garden hose?  What's he gonna use that for?  Not rhododendrons.  

Well we know Mike has to be involved in more underworld shenanigans to gain the attention of Gus Fring before becoming his personal enforcer. Maybe he helps him take Salamacha out.

Loved last night's episode though. Finally starting to see the Saul in Jimmy come out.

I was thinking today that one of the big parts of Breaking Bad was that Walt was supposedly doing all of the stuff he did for his family, until he admitted he was in it for himself. Contrast that with Mike, who really is doing everything shady and immoral for his family.

That was a good point about the crippling of Hector, definitely something to watch for.

Kim calling the partner "Howard" was a nice touch, it neatly encapsulated the subconscious realization that she was moving to essentially the same firm.

I was thinking today that one of the big parts of Breaking Bad was that Walt was supposedly doing all of the stuff he did for his family, until he admitted he was in it for himself. Contrast that with Mike, who really is doing everything shady and immoral for his family.

Good point.  Walt initially started down the path because of family, then deluded himself for a time that it was still about family.  For Mike, it really is, and he has no delusions that the ends justify the means.  He's going in with eyes wide open. 

I find myself enjoying the Mike portions of the show more than Saul's this season. For whatever reason, Saul's storyline just isn't keeping my attention like it did last season.

I did until this episode. We started seeing some color (pun intended) with the Jimmy/Saul character. My favorite was when he was instructing the guy how to vacuum in Spanish and the dude finally said "I'm from Detroit" or something. HA!

I'm actually more and more in with the notion previously mentioned in this thread that Kim meets an early demise. Well...that, or she's gone at some time in a pivotal part of the show.

My guess being that Jimmy stepping into Mike's situation with the gun possibly rubs Tuco's family the wrong way. Either that, or it cues the family to want to pretty much have him on retainer, and as we all know, something like that won't leave Jimmy with many options. Which to me leads into a situation where Kim's head is then opened up as the family's bargaining chip for Jimmy. So to me, that would lead to either Jimmy setting Kim up to leave never to be heard from again, or to be killed.

So what's Mike gonna do with that garden hose? Any theories?

Salamanca had to use an oxygen tank in BB to breathe, so my guess would be the hose is for pumping in some sort of poisonous gas or maybe some gas to fuel a fire or explosion. He survives, but gets seriously messed up. Probably why he ends up in a wheelchair too. It's probably too obvious, so it's bound not to be the case. Gotta be something crazier.

Salamanca had to use an oxygen tank in BB to breathe, so my guess would be the hose is for pumping in some sort of poisonous gas or maybe some gas to fuel a fire or explosion. He survives, but gets seriously messed up. Probably why he ends up in a wheelchair too. It's probably too obvious, so it's bound not to be the case. Gotta be something crazier.

I don't think Mike is the one that will put him in the chair.  The speculation is that Hector had some type of disease like ALS or a stroke.  Mike worked for Gus who eventually worked with the cartel to sell meth.  

I'm thinking that Mike's dealings with the cartel and the fact that he somewhat stood up to Hector earned him brownie points on eventually working for Gus as head of security.

I don't think Mike is the one that will put him in the chair.  The speculation is that Hector had some type of disease like ALS or a stroke.  Mike worked for Gus who eventually worked with the cartel to sell meth.  

I'm thinking that Mike's dealings with the cartel and the fact that he somewhat stood up to Hector earned him brownie points on eventually working for Gus as head of security.

I do have fuzzy memories about a stroke being cited as the reason for Salmanca's condition in BB. Maybe something leads to that stroke. I just watched the promo for next week again and saw Mike drilling holes in the hose. Maybe it's just to throw people off. He could just making a soaker hose for his garden or something. Ha

I do have fuzzy memories about a stroke being cited as the reason for Salmanca's condition in BB. Maybe something leads to that stroke. I just watched the promo for next week again and saw Mike drilling holes in the hose. Maybe it's just to throw people off. He could just making a soaker hose for his garden or something. Ha

Yeah, I don't see Mike taking on the cartel like speculated after him scoping them out.  Perhaps he is looking for weaknesses in their security to land a job working for them to make the extra money needed to pay for his grand daughter and daughter in law's new house and to start that off-shore savings account in his grand daughters name that we see from Breaking Bad.

Given what we know from Breaking Bad (the fact the same characters he is scoping are in it), I just can't see him attacking the cartel on his own and being allowed to walk away.  

Hector praised him for having big stones and knows that Mike can handle himself.  I'm really thinking this is his way into the the organization.

Hey Gomie, what you know about this Saul guy, the one with the cheesy commercials? https://twitter.com/StevenMQuezada https://twitter.com/BetterCallSaul https://t.co/GpnKdXxMmq
— dean norris (@deanjnorris) https://twitter.com/deanjnorris/status/715594851689967616

' class="bbc_url">@Dean Norris

Hey Gomie, what you know about this Saul guy, the one with the cheesy commercials? https://twitter.com/StevenMQuezada https://twitter.com/BetterCallSaul https://t.co/GpnKdXxMmq
— dean norris (@deanjnorris) https://twitter.com/deanjnorris/status/715594851689967616

I give up with posting a tweet but Gomie and Hank were on set. Hmm

I know there's a long way to go, but dying to know what happens between him and Kim.  What are your theories?

Unlike other viewers, I don't think she meets a violent end.  It just doesn't seem right for her.  Maybe Jimmy can't help himself and does something that is just a real betrayal of their relationship, and she cuts him out of her life.  Moves away.  I don't see violence in her future, though...

I know there's a long way to go, but dying to know what happens between him and Kim.  What are your theories?

That's a tough one.  So many possibilities.  I don't think she marries him, because in Breaking Bad he said that his 2nd wife slept with his step dad.  Kim does not seem like the type to do that and it could have been a lie when he was saying that to Walt anyhow.

We know Kim does not want to be his partner in a law firm because she knows he will cross the ethical boundaries to win, but wants to be neighbor lawyers in the same rented space.  I don't see her dying.  I think that after they get to practicing separately but in the same space, she starts seeing the type of clients Jimmy is protecting.

Maybe finds out about him making cash on the side, turning into Saul.  Representing criminals, making **** happen, etc. and she reflects on what Chuck told her about how he cant be trusted and was skimming off their fathers store, etc.  I think she just leaves town for good, moves back to where she was from (Oklahoma?).  

So I didn't get a chance to post about "Fifi," the episode named after the WWII bomber that motivates Jimmy to sneak onto the military base to film the commercial in front of (with the "vet" who is actually a former client charged with public masturbation - LOL.)

---

But anyway, check this out:

Someone noticed that the first letters of Season 2's 10 episode titles forms an anagram:

Fifi
Rebecca
Inflatable
Nailed
Gloves Off

'
Switch

Bali Ha'i (R A V O)
Amarillo
Cobbler
Klick

So, coincidence or confirmation that our favorite Breaking Bad chicken mogul drug kingpin is due for an appearance? 

Archived