Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Grilling and Cooking Thread

steve09ru

9 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

I've got quarter leg chicken pieces and a deep dish skillet...quick,  need some ideas for dinner tonight 

Chicken with mushroom soup over rice. Or any kind of creamy soup over noodles. Some version of veggie. GO!😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

I've got quarter leg chicken pieces and a deep dish skillet...quick,  need some ideas for dinner tonight 

Chicken w/ Tarragon:

Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.

Heat butter in the skille.  Ad chicken, skin side down.  Coook about 10 min until golden brown on skin side.  Turn adn cook about 5 min.  Remove chicken and set aside.

To the skillet add shallots and cook briefly.  Add tarragon and 1/2 cup dry white wine.  Deglaze the pan, stirring to dissolve brown particles in bottom of the skillet.  Add in 1/4 cup water.  Return chicken to the skillet, skin side up, and cover.  Cook about 15 min.  Uncover and continue cooking, basting often, about 5 min longer or until chicken is thoroughly tender and nicely glazed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, skinsmarydu said:

Chicken with mushroom soup over rice. Or any kind of creamy soup over noodles. Some version of veggie. GO!😁

Wife haaaaaaaates mushrooms...cream of chicken soup crossed my mind..

Soooooo I marinated them in garlic teriyaki marinade(no where near long enough)...little Lee n perrins balsamic vinaigrette vegetable oil and some seasonings 

20200306_190427.jpg

• Like 2

I’ve been trying my hand at new recipes lately. Stuff that’s way outside what I’ve made before. Last week, butter chicken. Followed a fairly easy recipe and it turned out restaurant quality. Wife and kids loved it. 

This weekend I’m going to make chicken gyros with homemade tzatziki sauce. 

• Like 2

Since Social Security day last week, I have been making and freezing dinners. Chicken pot pie with biscuits, stuffed peppers, scrambled eggs with spinach, marinating chicken in mojo criolla, grilled cheese and tomato soup (soup from Costco, 2 quart containers for $8), 2seafood chowder again from Costco. Bought a 10 lb bag of russets. And more!  Had to restock my freezer as I cleared it out this last month. So I am set for the month!

Oh, and fish tacos with cabbage apple slaw with a chili, lime juice, and ginger dressing and marinade for the fish. 

Edited by LadySkinsFan
  • Like 4

Lol soooooo.. I'm slaving over the stove I've got a pot of potatoes boiling on one burner vegetables steaming on another and gravy in a pot on the other and of course the chicken going in the skillet and I'm stirring the gravy just sweating balls and I had taken the potatoes off, drained them and put them in the bowl I needed to and I just realized I left the burner on that the potatoes were on lol

• Like 1

10 hours ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

I’ve been trying my hand at new recipes lately. Stuff that’s way outside what I’ve made before. Last week, butter chicken. Followed a fairly easy recipe and it turned out restaurant quality. Wife and kids loved it. 

This weekend I’m going to make chicken gyros with homemade tzatziki sauce. 

A key in the marinade for the chicken....a little Dry white wine.  Makes all the difference in the world.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, China said:

Chicken w/ Tarragon:

Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.

Heat butter in the skille.  Ad chicken, skin side down.  Coook about 10 min until golden brown on skin side.  Turn adn cook about 5 min.  Remove chicken and set aside.

To the skillet add shallots and cook briefly.  Add tarragon and 1/2 cup dry white wine.  Deglaze the pan, stirring to dissolve brown particles in bottom of the skillet.  Add in 1/4 cup water.  Return chicken to the skillet, skin side up, and cover.  Cook about 15 min.  Uncover and continue cooking, basting often, about 5 min longer or until chicken is thoroughly tender and nicely glazed.

This is so easy yet I got away from making even easy dishes lately. I either grill or get carryout most nights.  Thanks for the reminder, gotta make this again soon.  

Saturday... Cajun filets  with Cajun butter for ten and old bay seasoned  steamed shrimp for around fifteen people. Grilled asparagus and mashed potatoes with gravy. I need to learn how to take pictures. 

Everyone raved about it. I felt accomplished. 

• Like 5

Grilling and cooking thread=food=a refrigerator..I need a part for my refrigerator..I need a nerds help(when I say nerd I mean that in an envious way)to help how to order this part.. I already went to Frigidaire the manufacturer website actually I called and the small plastic hanger thing I need is a fortune.

1 hour ago, dfitzo53 said:

Is it a moving/electronic part or just like shelf hanger?

Just the hanger..I've got the part number name and everything 

240530701...track meat pan hanger right

Frigidaire...2019

5 hours ago, Kosher Ham said:

Saturday... Cajun filets  with Cajun butter for ten and old bay seasoned  steamed shrimp for around fifteen people. Grilled asparagus and mashed potatoes with gravy. I need to learn how to take pictures. 

Everyone raved about it. I felt accomplished. 

What are you using to come here?

Edited by bakedtater1

Yesterday I made the marinade for the fish, then added some sugar to make the slaw dressing today. Fish marinated overnight. I will grill the fillets, heat the tortillas. I finished making the slaw: I added a little apple cider vinegar, mayo, and thinned with milk, then mixed in shredded cabbage. In about an hour, I'll have a delicious dinner! Pics to follow.

52 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Here are my two fish tacos. I like white corn tortillas and my grocery store chain makes really delicious ones. The tacos were delicious! The slaw turned out really good, well balanced and crunchy.

Halibut tacos when I'm in alaska..the halibut used was just in the ocean...ahhh mazing.

Philly cheese steaks tonight..gotta use up the rolls I guees..

20200311_191734.jpg

• Like 3

I used frozen pollock fillets. This would be great with pork too. Maybe in a couple of days. I made and froze four stuffed peppers the other day, I think this is dinner tomorrow. Glad my freezer is full with this virus floating around. I am good for the month.

Edited by LadySkinsFan
  • Like 2