Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Grilling and Cooking Thread

steve09ru

• 2 weeks later...

Pork butt today. Only 3.8 lbs,  but it took 11 hours! Weird, but it turned out great.  I have some beef short ribs dry-brining in the fridge, for tomorrow. 

They were gifted to me from a friend of my sister, who owns a farm with a few head of cattle. 

If they're anything like her briskets, then we're in for a treat!

20190831_195011.jpg

Edited by Skinsfan1311
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

First attempt at a smoked pork butt- did a rub mix of smoked paprika, onion powder, salt, pork blend, bbq, jerk pork, oregano, slap yo mama with minced garlic

did a hickory pellet blend and flipped to fat side bottom around 4 hours and sat in an apple cider vinegar, Worcestershire, amber ale, Olive oil and water mixture and kicked up to 300 from 225 (running low on time) here’s 5.5 hours in.  (8 lb bone in)

C2CC8BB4-E18D-495A-AAAB-2D0466C63D51.jpeg

Edited by steve09ru
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The ribs actually turned out pretty good, next time I will use a dry rub on them in the slow cooker. The meat fell off the bones. I checked a few times to make sure there was still water in the cooker. Didn't have to add anything so that worked. First time I removed the silver membrane, that was easy too. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Home made chicken quesadillas..thought they looked picture perfect lol.20191119_180715.thumb.jpg.af0d326c3d0b646ca1d4f66565d6d156.jpg

On 10/20/2019 at 1:48 PM, LadySkinsFan said:

Making some baby back ribs today in my slow cooker. Will finish them in the oven with more bbq sauce. Put liquid smoke in the slow cooker. I know this is the **** way to make ribs but I can't have a grill or similar on my porch.

Never thought about liquid smoke in a slow cooker with ribs...thanks!!

• Like 2

Day 8 of my day before Thanksgiving Pastrami.  Into the smoker.  So far I cured a brisket point for 5 days.  Soaked it for another day to get the salt out.  Coated it with corriandor, pepper and a few other spices and let it sit for 2 days in the fridge.  I'll smoke it about 8 hours and then wrap it in foil.  Finish by steaming for a couple hours prior to serving.  My family goes nuts for it because we don't have any decent Jewish delis in these parts.

Pastrami.jpg

Edited by KAOSkins
  • Like 6

We're having official Thanksgiving on Dec. 7th because of my daughter's prep for inventory. She got a promotion in late summer and she only has Thanksgiving day off so she's sleeping that day. I'm making some slow cooker baby back ribs again and will freeze some. Our Thanksgiving will be more traditional.

• Like 3

I bought the Big Easy, oil-less fryer a couple of weeks ago.  Gonna infrared fry the **** out of that bird on it.  Little agitated, my wife didn't get anything to inject the turkey with, so it will only be a dry rub on it.  

Also, bought some turkey legs, gonna dry rub those in Cajun seasoning and "fry" them on the same infrared madness.  Got some kit that allows you to hang drumsticks on a rack on it.

• Like 3

Ribs are resting with their dry rub of onion and garlic powder, smoked paprika, and rubbed sage. Pork without sage is a non-starter. They will rest about an hour (or until I am rested too!). Then into the slow cooker with some bbq sauce and water/liquid smoke in the bottom. I use a rack and less water than last time. Then slow cook 6-7 hours. Finish in my little oven with more bbq sauce. I'm trying a new sweet potato recipe today too. I got a small jar of caviar and some sour cream for sometime today.

• Like 3