Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Grilling and Cooking Thread

steve09ru

Didn't host Thanksgiving, so no levtovers except the green been casserole I made.  Made Roast Beef yesterday.  Today I made some Chick Corn Chowder for lunch upon request from my daughter.  Dinner tonight was leftover roast beef, green been casserole and chicken corn chowder.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just put on a spread for my wife's family.  Started with a cheese board and some charcuterie (included prosciutto, yagdwurst, sopressata and some other goodies).  Made some bruschetta as well with artichoke, tomato and fresh mozz.  Whole roast leg of lamb seasoned with garlic and rosemary, w/rice and green beans.  Dessert was somebody else's responsibility, but we ended up having chocolate log, pannetone, and pumpkin pie.

Edited by China
  • Like 7

Made tapas for Xmas Eve.  Started with a Spanish cheese and chorizo platter, macrona almonds (had never heard of them but they are wonderful) and anchovy stuffed olives.  Then caprese and balsamic grilled asparagus.  Round 3 was stuffed piquillo peppers one with goat cheese the other with crab.  Finished with pimenton marinated skirt steak on the grill and lamb keftedas (meatballs) with tzatsiki.  3 bottles of vino...a good time was had.

Merry Christmas everybody!

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Who says grilling is only for summer?!?!..lol..smoking a pork roast butt is all..nothing fancy

20200102_113435.jpg

On 12/17/2019 at 6:05 PM, skinsmarydu said:

My personal cheesesteak masterpiece. Hoagie roll is from work, they toast up chewy on the inside. 

That looks flippin amazing!!!..the sandwich looks good too lol...loooove the redskins salt n pepper shakers!!!

• Like 3

16 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

More details on methods and practices...when you have time. This looks ****ing amazing. 

Get your hands on this: https://www.shanfoods.com/product/recipe-mixes/bbq/tandoori/

My wife doesn't do yogurt like it says on their website. She does white vinegar and olive oil instead. Add salt to taste or more red peppers if you like hot. Marinate the night before grilling at minimum. 

As for the actual grilling I use natural wood charcoal from Walmart (red bag). Since i have this awesome grill with the fan blower on it I don't have to use a lot of charcoals and just wind it to heat up the coal as needed. If you don't have such a grill regural grill will do but don't put the hood down let it cook open, it will take longer but slow cooking is the best way to get the juices out and keep the chicken moist when it is done. Tip: Too many charcoal will cook it faster, on the outside,  but not on the inside. Enjoy. :)

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Given said:

Prime NY Strip for dinner

Yeaaahhh that looks absolutely amazing..the color is perfecto!!

On 1/4/2020 at 4:23 PM, zskins said:

Making some tandoori style chicken for the playoffs game. :)

What kind of doohickey is that?..I see the charcoal..what's that green thing?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1