Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Zoony Bin: The official '15 offseason Twitter thread, Whine room now open serving Francis Copious Speculation Cab, Lavar buffet Incl., tips included

SWFLSkins

It is a worthless way to get one point. The game wouldn't be changed at all if they made a TD worth 7 points except that it would be faster, more exciting and less lame.

Edit: I don't go to the ATM weekly since I never carry cash. Only old people carry cash anyway

Also, you probably shouldn't discuss your gambling habits while giving money management tips to others at the same time :)

I say that in good fun, not being rude

How can the exta point be worthless if 1) you get a point if you make it and don't if you miss, and 2) you have to increase the point value of a TD if you get rid of it? lol...Don't both of those facts give evidence that an extra point is indeed worth something?

The clock doesn't run on conversions in college and it's live. 

If the Redskins were a college team, that would make sense lol...but they're not. So...going by how the NFL works, not college, would an extra point now mean the clock keeps running?

How can the exta point be worthless if 1) you get a point if you make it and don't if you miss, and 2) you have to increase the point value of a TD if you get rid of it? lol...Don't both of those facts give evidence that an extra point is indeed worth something?

Come on Cali, don't be obtuse. Yes, it is worth 1 point. The worthless is regarding the play and the entire concept. Why even have it? That is what is worthless. That single point can be made up in any number of ways that are more practical and more entertaining than the current XP.

Come on Cali, don't be obtuse. Yes, it is worth 1 point. The worthless is regarding the play and the entire concept. Why even have it? That is what is worthless. That single point can be made up in any number of ways that are more practical and more entertaining than the current XP.

Doesn't seem like it's that worthless since you've made several posts about it. I don't know why the NFL and some fans are obsessing over a single play. It's been a part of the game since the game was invented. I like that they added the 2 point defensive return, but I'm neither here nor there on the distance.

I'd hate to see them get rid of it since kickers statistically make their careers on scoring points on the all time list. I'd hate to short change today's kickers on career points.

It's a play that's akin to the intentional walk. Many want to not have the pitcher throw the four pitches, but like the extra point, it's rarely screwed up, but it does happen.

Also, making cracks about people's age is kind of a douche move. What comes around goes around and you will be old one day like the rest of us.

FYI - if you saved the $2 fee once a week and earned 10%/year you your savings, you would have $12,603 in the bank when you turn 50.

I believe I have spotted a flaw in your reasoning here.

I haven't earned 10% on my money in years.

Whoops. ;)

Talk about overreacting. All the reports on Kerrigan missing practice. Honestly, you can tell it's the slow portion of the offseason. If players are just missing practice during the regular season, everyone's relieved. If they're missing OTAs during the most boring part of the offseason, it's a crisis.

Kerrigan is a pro bowl player (should have been last season). He'll be fine.

I agree with you they ruined the game when they started tossing the ball all over the place, should have squashed that right away, but no they let that Redskins  QB Baugh get away with it now look at whats happened :P:o

Well, in Sammy's defense, he was also playing DB and stopping the other team from successfully passing (and apparently he was pretty great at that too). 

Screw it. Lets just make it like Post Apocalyptic Mad Max...No rules. Real Roman Gladiator style football. Two teams enter, one team leaves. People would be wishing for just concussions and short PA attempts....

If we'd gone with that, we wouldn't have a team anymore.  :(

Honestly, you can tell it's the slow portion of the offseason. 

Not yet.  Absolutely dreading mid-June to late July.  It's like entering a desert of Redskins news every year.  I imagine myself strapping myself with water bottles to try to make it through but I know I'll be crawling at the end begging thirstily for news.

Not yet. Absolutely dreading mid-June to late July. It's like entering a desert of Redskins news every year. I imagine myself strapping myself with water bottles to try to make it through but I know I'll be crawling at the end begging thirstily for news.

You should check out the Visa Pepsi Toyota Breaking News Forum at the top of the page. It's your one stop shop for all Redskins related news in season or out.

Apparently NFL games are far too boring and slow, and thus something needed to be fixed to fix the glaring problem that fans have complained about for 40 years.

Yeah...if you want to speed up the game and make it less boring, then they should look at all the stupid penalties they put in, shorten then time it takes between plays...the XP is lipstick on a pig.

As was mentioned before...return to the rugby roots, and make the kick 20 yards back from the point the ball broke the plane. Makes teams try harder to score in the middle, and XP are no longer guaranteed.

I started to reply to that and skipped over it. But here I go...

It is two charges on foreign ATM withdrawals; both at the native bank and the foreign bank. So double it. Not to mention savings at the pump (i.e. Giant or Safeway points), credit card fees, loan rates, taxes etc. Current financial firms love these "chump change" earnings. it means billions in extra earnings.

Of course volume multiplies.

When I was younger (in my late twenties, about his age) I started working at Cisco Systems and got a hell of a lot of stock granted to me over the years...pre-dot.com. I hired a financial advisor for guidance and he changed my outlook and my life.

I am talking six figures initially, and over 20+ years? Seven figures of savings...and it all started with CHUMP change.

I will take his 2 dollars a day and buy a Maserati in 10 years...or he can rent a cabana from me off the main house, beachside, in Anguilla.

Youth is wasted on the young...

/rant over

Congrats on the 18kth post in this Loony Bin thread, now congruent to the thread, you owe me 18k for participating in the thread, also compounded by your extra hot wifey and the nest egg you have built over the years, should be just chump change for ya, lol. Don't forget all those companies pushing gift cards....some are lost, some are not fully used or forgotten, this rivals stealing IMO. Oh and don't get me started on coin or stamp collecting and pennies,,,,,how is it our gov't is broke? 

#LT #KerriganFlex #HBKerrigan #NFLTop100 http://redsk.in/1IMhpof 

CFhzJakWgAAYUny.jpg

CDR0-kTWIAECihG.jpg

I must be old because I carry cash.  I don't use cash, my kids take it from my wallet.  I must be smarter than most because I don't pay any ATM fee at any bank, and I do use ATM's all over.  If you do a little homework you can bank without having to pay ATM fees.

This seems like a good tweet for the youngsters.

Bobby Bell: Super Bowl champ. Hall of Famer. College grad at 74. His speech to Class of 2015: http://mmqb.si.com/2015/05/21/nfl-bobby-bell-graduation-university-of-minnesota-kansas-city-chiefs/ 

I must be old because I carry cash.  I don't use cash, my kids take it from my wallet.  I must be smarter than most because I don't pay any ATM fee at any bank, and I do use ATM's all over.  If you do a little homework you can bank without having to pay ATM fees.

I didn't even know they still charged ATM fees, I don't think I've paid one in years.

Archived