Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Zoony Bin: The official '15 offseason Twitter thread, Whine room now open serving Francis Copious Speculation Cab, Lavar buffet Incl., tips included

SWFLSkins

I think only one poster on this thread has congratulated Griffin on the birth of his child...and only three did so on the RGIII thread lol. Is it because it needs its own thread?

EDIT: two people on this thread lol...Jumbo stepped up while I was writing this.

FWIW, I congratulated him on twitter, since I am sure he stays far away from the Zoony Bin. 

BRBN has been updated

NFL on ESPN @ESPNNFL 1m1 minute ago

"You don't do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time" - Vince Lombardi

Bryan Van Balen @bnvanbalen 9m9 minutes ago

The vet @DeAngeloHall23 ready to lead a revamped #Redskins secondary.

CFm5-iZUMAAgYZI.jpg

John Keim @john_keim 12m12 minutes ago

Washington Redskins rank 153rd in ESPN salary survey http://espn.go.com/blog/washington-redskins/post/_/id/17567 

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2015/05/21/redskins-rookie-preston-smith-is-eager-to-build-on-strong-first-impression/?wprss=rss_redskins-page-shell&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

"...upon learning from coach Jay Gruden during the team huddle that he had canceled Sunday’s on-field session as a reward for their hard work, many of the 65 players cheered and jogged to the locker room with smiles on their faces."

Okay, maybe it's me, but hearing how Scott wants guys who eat, sleep, breathe, and dream football... I think the guys who are cheering the cut practice may not make it back for another one. Good for Smith to demand extra time.

I think you're reading too much into this. I had a meeting on Tuesday and my manager said that because its a holiday weekend we can leave early on Friday and there were celebrations heard around the room. I don't think it means my co-workers aren't passionate about what they do.

I know we all have different personalities and different work habits. I enjoy days off because I can get more work done when I'm working at a starbucks or Panera Bread vs in the office. It doesn't mean I'm not working, just that I'm working in my own environment. I'd guess that its similar for our players. We know that guys like Moss like working out in Atlanta, or that Murphy likes lifting tires, etc. Maybe Breeland likes watching film on his couch and 65 inch HDTV vs in the meeting room chairs and small tvs. Maybe another guy is a guy who likes to study between 11PM and 3 AM when its quietest, but the work days require him to be there 8AM to 1PM or so. That gets him out of his groove.

Thats all. I think its much ado about nothing.

mark schlereth ‏@markschlereth 5m5 minutes ago

mark schlereth retweeted Brandon Martin

Yep I just can't do it. Sorry

mark schlereth added,

Brandon Martin @litlmartin
@markschlereth I was so stoked when you starting following me last week...and now you're not. It's cause I'm a Boise State fan, isn't it?

lol where did he go Anchorage University....they play boise? wasn't Stanky the first Alaskan pro ever?

lol where did he go Anchorage University....they play boise? wasn't Stanky the first Alaskan pro ever?

He went to University of Idaho

Washington Redskins @Redskins 13m13 minutes ago

"I want to show that I’m a competitor & a guy that can learn the system quick.” MORE | http://redsk.in/1Gtyt0i 

CFnDti-WoAAAK6H.jpg

Justin Byram @Justin_Byram 17m17 minutes ago

ICYMI: Less touches for Morris good for the Skins and Morris? I think so, find out why: #Redskins #SOW http://sonofwashington.com/running-back-by-committee-coming-to-dc/ 

Congratulations to RGIII, Rebecca and their family on their new addition! 

Reece Ann has awesome timing - motivating her Daddy right before training camp of a really big season.  You go girl.  #HTTR

Homer McFanboy @HomerMcFanboy 14m14 minutes ago

Homer McFanboy retweeted Evan Silva

I'd be stunned if the Redskins agreed to do Hard Knocks. Not something they've ever wanted to be a part of before.

Homer McFanboy added,

Evan Silva @evansilva
This story names the #Texans, #Redskins, and #Bills as "potential participants" on this year's Hard Knocks: http://espncleveland.com/common/more.php?m=49&action=blog&r=17&post_id=45531 

"The source said that NFL Films, which produces the series, does not want an unwilling participant." That's from the article. @BurgundyBlog

2. @HomerMcFanboy @BurgundyBlog fwiw: I was told skins not a possibility

Washington Redskins @Redskins 6m6 minutes ago

1f440.png#PotRoast came to play | http://redsk.in/1FZGCXs 

Homer McFanboy retweeted John Keim

I am comforted by this tidbit from @john_keim a.k.a. - "the guy who knows stuff."

Around The NFL @AroundTheNFL 8m8 minutes ago

Curious how your team will look come Week 1? Check out our complete breakdown of each team's projected starters http://at.nfl.com/KM2Ije0

Homer McFanboy @HomerMcFanboy 8m8 minutes ago

Redskins are smart not to want anything to do w/ Hard Knocks. Virtually no upside for them w/ name controversy and their typical dysfunction

Burgundy Blog @BurgundyBlog 2m2 minutes ago

Nice practice pic of your first-rounder. Those 11" meat-hooks tied for largest at Combine.

CFnS8rjWgAAOTQB.jpg

John Keim @john_keim 5m5 minutes ago

FWIW: I was told the Redskins did not want to be on Hard Knocks and do not consider themselves possibilities for the HBO show...

Eric Bickel @EBJunkies 17s17 seconds ago

Eric Bickel retweeted Conroy Zien

great guy too... huge fan of his

Eric Bickel added,

Conroy Zien @czien
@EBJunkies Derrick Dockery was a great guest. You should definitely have him back in studio. Awesome!

Mike Shanahan on RG3 not feeling a comfort level with that 2012 offense: "And Dan Snyder didn't as well…" Oh.

First Dan Snyder bomb. Shanny still has his fastball

@JPFinlayCSN Shanny talking Snyder & RG3 in 2015.. is this still a story?? #NotRedskinsTalkAnymore

2. @RobCarlinCSN you'll never guess what he says! #yesyouwill

0 retweets 0 favorites

JP Finlay @JPFinlayCSN 9m9 minutes ago

Got to say Shanny is very complimentary of McCloughan

I think you're reading too much into this. I had a meeting on Tuesday and my manager said that because its a holiday weekend we can leave early on Friday and there were celebrations heard around the room. I don't think it means my co-workers aren't passionate about what they do.

I know we all have different personalities and different work habits. I enjoy days off because I can get more work done when I'm working at a starbucks or Panera Bread vs in the office. It doesn't mean I'm not working, just that I'm working in my own environment. I'd guess that its similar for our players. We know that guys like Moss like working out in Atlanta, or that Murphy likes lifting tires, etc. Maybe Breeland likes watching film on his couch and 65 inch HDTV vs in the meeting room chairs and small tvs. Maybe another guy is a guy who likes to study between 11PM and 3 AM when its quietest, but the work days require him to be there 8AM to 1PM or so. That gets him out of his groove.

I remember in 2011 when the Skins went 2-0 (or maybe 3-1), none of the players wanted to take the following day off because they were determined to focus solely on football and keep the winning coming. They came in for film study on their day off and everything...

They went 3-11 the rest of the way.

Definitely is much ado about nothing.

Mike Shanahan on RG3 not feeling a comfort level with that 2012 offense: "And Dan Snyder didn't as well…" Oh.

First Dan Snyder bomb. Shanny still has his fastball

@JPFinlayCSN Shanny talking Snyder & RG3 in 2015.. is this still a story?? #NotRedskinsTalkAnymore

It's getting old Shanahan repeating himself blaming everybody else but himself for what went on when he was Head Coach and Vice President with total control of all football operations.  It's time He took some responsibility for the 24 - 40 record under his watch.

I don't really disagree in fact I agree, but let me add one factor. This wasn't a team working hard and earning a day off. This was a bunch of job applicants.

The job applicants are already cheering time off before they even get offered a job?

I don't really disagree in fact I agree, but let me add one factor. This wasn't a team working hard and earning a day off. This was a bunch of job applicants.

The job applicants are already cheering time off before they even get offered a job?

its a pretty ****ing difficult job interview.

I see it as the boss telling the interns they were doing a good job, and here is a bonus for your efforts. 

Archived