Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Zoony Bin: The official '15 offseason Twitter thread, Whine room now open serving Francis Copious Speculation Cab, Lavar buffet Incl., tips included

SWFLSkins

Interesting. RT @TheDY_Show: DY says Haslett is a "heck of a coordinator" and he'll get a job bc of his track record. Says he was surpised.

I like and usually trust DY, but how would DY know how Haslett was?

Or maybe that's the secret.  Haslett was a great fullback coach and spent more time than he should have mentoring DY and not the defense.

So, I've been playing around with this for a while and figured I'd go ahead and post it somewhere and where better than here? I took the text from the Bruce Allen End of Year Transcript and put it into a Word Cloud program I wrote to see what words were repeated. I had to parse some filler words like "the, their, he, and, etc" and after doing that, this is what I came up with.

skinsWC.jpg

SkinzMama @skinzmama 14m14 minutes ago

Yup.. Dusting.. 1f629.png

B6qtvL5IMAQiMEo.jpg

Glad I left DC on the first.  Cold front hit here too its down in the 60's :P

Chris Baker @cbaker92redskin 47m47 minutes ago

It's snowing whoop whoop

#49ers DBs coach Ed Donatell will interview for the vacant #Redskins defensive coordinator job on Wednesday, source says.

JsteelzHttr24-7 @JsteelznSkins 8h8 hours ago

Interviews going on now and tomorrow

Emmanual Benton @Manny_PPI 9h9 hours ago

RT @Jason_OTC: the Washington #Redskins are up in our 2015 Salary Cap Outlook series http://overthecap.com/redskins-2015-salary-cap-outlook/ 

Will Compton @_willcompton 9h9 hours ago

The future has many names. For the weak, it's unattainable. For the fearful, it's unknown. For the bold, it's ideal. - Victor Hugo

Washington Redskins @Redskins 4m4 minutes ago

"No question" about it, #Redskins WR Santana Moss still wants to play. #HTTR READ | http://oak.ctx.ly/r/29yx0 

B6qx9nIIcAI6_UW.jpg

The guy who runs over the cap posted this last night. His write-ups arent the best but does a real nice job of breaking down where we are spending all of our money. Funny to see we are above the league average @ OL & DL yet they are two of the worst units in the league! 

But we are winning off the field so who cares?

the Washington #Redskins are up in our 2015 Salary Cap Outlook series http://overthecap.com/redskins-2015-salary-cap-outlook/ 

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet 14m14 minutes ago

Doesn’t sound like Mike Shanahan will stop at three interviews. The #Bears, when they hire a GM, are expected to interview for HC him, too

The guy who runs over the cap posted this last night. His write-ups arent the best but does a real nice job of breaking down where we are spending all of our money. Funny to see we are above the league average @ OL & DL yet they are two of the worst units in the league! 

But we are winning off the field so who cares?

the Washington #Redskins are up in our 2015 Salary Cap Outlook series http://overthecap.com/redskins-2015-salary-cap-outlook/ 

Some of the guys like Chester and etc who are causing the overage probably won't be back next year.

John Keim @john_keim 1m1 minute ago

Wade Phillips says he will interview with the Redskins on Thursday for the defensive coordinator position.

Shanahan is the most coveted coach out there. Despite what happened here, which we really don't know the full story for, I understand why. The guy knows the game and is a very good football coach. He didn't work here for whatever reason (I won't assign blame to anyone, it could be anyone from him to Allen to Snyder to Williams to Haslett to Kyle to whoever. Or it could have been just a bad match). 

I also hear that the Niners, Bills and one other team, don't remember which, are considering Mike and Kyle as a package deal.

Emmanual Benton @Manny_PPI 4m4 minutes ago

RT @RapSheet: #Chargers LB coach Joe Barry spent yesterday and today in Washington, D.C. interviewing for #Redskins source said

Tarik El-Bashir @TarikCSN 5m5 minutes ago

Well, that will be the last time I attempt to drive a RWD car ...in the snow ...on summer-rated tires. Anyone got a hooptie for sale?

thom loverro @thomloverro 3m3 minutes ago

My Hall of Fame ballot

B6q9LsjIcAAfBaD.jpg

Chris Baker @cbaker92redskin 31s31 seconds ago

Who wants to shovel my drive way

Shanahan is the most coveted coach out there. Despite what happened here, which we really don't know the full story for, I understand why. The guy knows the game and is a very good football coach. He didn't work here for whatever reason (I won't assign blame to anyone, it could be anyone from him to Allen to Snyder to Williams to Haslett to Kyle to whoever. Or it could have been just a bad match). 

I also hear that the Niners, Bills and one other team, don't remember which, are considering Mike and Kyle as a package deal.

Shanny has always known his way around building an offense, he was fired in Denver because of personnel and defense.  Here arguably he struggled with the same.  I doubt he gets personnel control at his next job and if he lands in Buffalo or SF they have good defenses so they would be IMO a good fit.

He's the most coveted retread coach. I think there are some coordinators in Seattle and San Fran who teams would prefer but are scared to take that leap.

Funny to see we are above the league average @ OL & DL yet they are two of the worst units in the league! 

Well ... The RT spot isn't taking much money at all ... but considering we have Chester/Lichtensteiger/Williams at the end of their respective deals that I believe have 2015 cap hits of $4.4 million, $4 million and $13 million respectively .... then you consider that you're paying Lavao $4.5 million a year ... that's $25 million in 4 starters ... of course I expect Chester to be off there.

I want to play around with the OTC numbers a bit today. I think I might try an "aggressive" hand-wringing of the roster, assuming we get in a guy that says "WTF IS THIS CRAP" when he looks at the roster lol. No but really, there are quite a few guys that could/should be gone.

I am going to be okay this off-season if all we do is sign a FS and a OG to big contracts and do nothing else.

I'm torn between two ways of thinking ... re-build and build through the draft and don't go crazy in FA ... and a strong desire to fix the OL and secondary, mainly the OL so that we can at least see what we have at QB. But ... otherwise I have a hard time committing much money ... focusing on the draft.

The OTC article suggests re-structuring Garcon and trading Jackson ... would think it would need to be the other way around, but who knows. Didn't realize Garcon was up on his guaranteed money either, which makes him a prime candidate to restructure ...and it might be perfect timing on our end to do so ... 

So, I've been playing around with this for a while and figured I'd go ahead and post it somewhere and where better than here? I took the text from the Bruce Allen End of Year Transcript and put it into a Word Cloud program I wrote to see what words were repeated. I had to parse some filler words like "the, their, he, and, etc" and after doing that, this is what I came up with.

That's truly awesome.  How hard is it to run for you?  I would love to see this for future pressers.  

Well DY did play and was all conference linebacker at Villanova. But I feel ya

Yeah, I mean, I definitely respect his opinion, but their jobs in the NFL are and have been separate and distinct.  Maybe Haslett coaches well in practice and the first teams, O and D, see good things?  Of course, that doesn't carry over.

Hmmm... I wonder which player's thoughts on the matter hold more weight, Fletcher's or DY's.

Tough, tough call. Flabbergasted.

Yeah, if Fletcher is bashing you, you done screwed up.  Guy has played for like 40 DCs in his career; if you're the one he chooses to go off on...beg for mercy.

I actually think Shanny could be dangerous with the right personnel guy

Seems like he will want full control though

Definitely, right personnel guy gets him the QB and the team around the QB, he does the coaching, and he would be in a similar (albeit probably no where as good of a) situation to his Denver/Elway days.  But he's not quite as good at personnel as he thinks, and that limits him when he gets full control.  Here's to hoping he goes somewhere that also wants one of the potential GM/Directors of Personnel we're looking at, so that that team can drop out of the running.

Archived