Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Zoony Bin: The official '15 offseason Twitter thread, Whine room now open serving Francis Copious Speculation Cab, Lavar buffet Incl., tips included

SWFLSkins

I know this is coming out of left field, but why doesn't ESPN have a designated Washington DC page like it does for NY, CHI, DAL, LA and other cities with 4+ major franchises/ universities?

Size of the national fan base?  I'd imagine the Wiz might get one, but they've been lousy close to forever. The Caps are probably pretty good. The Nats ought to have a pretty big fan base given their recent success and some of the young marquee names, and the 'skins have fallen pretty far from grace.

I know this is coming out of left field, but why doesn't ESPN have a designated Washington DC page like it does for NY, CHI, DAL, LA and other cities with 4+ major franchises/ universities?

- DC is a transient area 

- Only four championships between the four pro teams

Grant Paulsen @granthpaulsen 49s49 seconds ago

Getting some great insider information from @Rapsheet on the #Redskins' DC and front office searches. Listen here: http://bit.ly/P96jep .

Chris Baker @cbaker92redskin 7m7 minutes ago

Dog had play day yesterday now we at the vet how my dog on anti inflammatory meds. Dog MCL SPRAIN WTH… http://instagram.com/p/xhKZ9orHJu/

SkinzMama retweeted

Put me down as a Skins fan who wouldn't complain if they did or didn't go after Suh. I'd totally get it either way.

David Bovey @DavidBovey 52m52 minutes ago

@MWharam7 People are shell shocked because of Haynesworth. Suh may have issues, but they aren't motivational ones.

Christie Lopez retweeted

We do not recommend parking like this! #snow #accidents

B6rRgxoCMAAygqb.jpg

Sorry about posting the snow pictures but I'm sitting here in shorts and a tee shirt laughing

Chris Russell @Russellmania980 11m11 minutes ago

Uggghhhhh. RT @rockylee85: @Russellmania980 in other news, defensive statistics a poor measure of effectiveness of defensive coordinators

Chris Baker @cbaker92redskin 8s9 seconds ago

Moved to #ashburn thinking they would plow our neighborhood first guess not lol #suburbs #loudouncounty

arthur haszard @HapHaszard now

@cbaker92redskin Ashburn uses solar snowplows, let the sun melt it

John Keim @john_keim 2m2 minutes ago

todd mcshay on conf call says there are no big time tackle prospects... best OL value: late 1st, early 2nd. not sold on any in top 10

@HapHaszard @cbaker92redskin actually Ashburn Village uses bobcats to compact the snow and turn it into an ice skating ring

Chris Russell @Russellmania980 13m13 minutes ago

.@McShay13 has Shane Ray going to #Redskins after Leonard Williams goes # 3 and Gregory from Nebraska at # 4.

John Keim @john_keim 11m11 minutes ago

mcshay considers this just an OK draft for interior defensive talent, from DTs to LBs to S... says there's a dropoff after landon collins

michael phillips @michaelpRTD 24s24 seconds ago

ESPN’s Todd McShay, who knows more than me about these things, thinks there isn’t much elite safety and o-line talent in this year’s draft.

Now the question is are the Redskins still going to wait until this weekend to meet with AJ Smith and then announce stuff next week?

Shanahan is the most coveted coach out there. Despite what happened here, which we really don't know the full story for, I understand why. The guy knows the game and is a very good football coach. He didn't work here for whatever reason (I won't assign blame to anyone, it could be anyone from him to Allen to Snyder to Williams to Haslett to Kyle to whoever. Or it could have been just a bad match). 

I also hear that the Niners, Bills and one other team, don't remember which, are considering Mike and Kyle as a package deal.

I've always thought that Mike's incompetence as GM was offset by his genius on offense but his lack of success as a GM was ulitmately his downfall here. Regardless of the finger pointing and spin at the end of Mike's run for me it was his neglect on special teams and defense that lead to his W/L record those are the reasons his termination was rightly on the table.

I don't think he's the most coveted coach out there from what I hear Rex to Atlanta is almost a sure thing and teams are waiting on Dan Quinn but Mike is a viable candidate in my eyes but his age and flexible in regards to 'total control' don't make him a 'top candidate' for me. And the way he handled his last days here was distasteful.

Archived