Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: REDSKINS, JIM HASLETT MUTUALLY AGREE TO PART WAYS

TK

This is absolutely the first step in repairing and righting a sinking ship. The second step is as follows: 2015 Draft - Pick one: Offensive Lineman, Pick Two: Offensive Lineman, Pick Three: Safety or DB....

Nope wrong. You are proposing the the ready, fire, aim sequence continue. You're forgetting that our scouting department sucks. Redskins absolutely have to aquire a new personnel aquisition head and bunch of new minions for him before they even think of conducting the draft.

No I would have have some younger and not a retread let's do what other teams hire a young hot shot from a team that has a good defense.

Bringing in a young hot shot isn't the answer for a team like ours.  This will be a massive undertaking for whoever comes in.  This is a time where you need an old wise man, not some young guy with something to prove.

I wish him the best.  He should have been gone last season, but I hope he gets a job somewhere and continues coaching.

Preferably in the NFCE. :)

I think Philly would be a great fit. He can have them play a stellar game against Dallas, every year, and then stink against everybody else.

Year ending well for the Skins. who's up next?Rex Ryan would be a perfect fit in my opinion,but lets see

Preferably in the NFCE. :)

I think Philly would be a great fit. He can have them play a stellar game against Dallas, every year, and then stink against everybody else.

Eh nah we already have an elite DC Bill Davis with his elite defense consisting of Fletcher and Cary williams

I wish him the best.  He should have been gone last season, but I hope he gets a job somewhere and continues coaching.

He did not get it done as a coach while he was here, but I wish him well in life.

I gotta admit, you're a better man than I am.

Wishing him the best just doesn't register with me regarding Haslett; i'm just glad this segment of change is finally over with.

I think the folks saying that Raheem is going to be promoted are the same who said Haslett will be retained.  Pay them little mind.

I can hardly believe Raheem is promoted.

He might be waiting for it, but I suspect Baker and Olivadotti to get the job if we decide to go this way.

Raheem was here pre-Gruden.

Baker and Olivadotti were bring by him (bring back in case of Olivadotti).

So I guess they'll have is pref, especially when you take into account the job all of them have done.

If you compare LB corps and DB. Choice is obvious.

I disagree. I think this was the classy way to get rid of somebody.

I understand not burning bridges. But Jay flat out said that HE would recommend Haslett return then Bruce says Jay made the decision.

They are making it seem like the other person pulled the trigger.

Be a unified front be lock step.

I'm tired of sketchy.

You don't seem to grasp the fraternal/business piece to coaching.

You don't seem to grasp my point.

I have a Bad feeling about this................what if his replacement is even worse??  I don't know why, but I can't just let myself be happy about this.  

I too have a bad feeling and it's because the FO will promote R. Morris to DC or they will hire someone who is just as incompetent as Haz. We just don't have faith in the FO to do the right thing.

Why is everyone so sure that Morris would fail as a D cordinator? Seems that other defenses he worked with improved, College and Pro. I'm sure he would have a different approach to the game plan.

I dont speak for everybody, but my fear is that it would lead to just more of the same.

I have nothing against morris its just that i want fresh, not someone who was in hasletts system for 2 years.

I understand not burning bridges. But Jay flat out said that HE would recommend Haslett return then Bruce says Jay made the decision.

They are making it seem like the other person pulled the trigger.

Be a unified front be lock step.

I'm tired of sketchy.

This is something more systemic to us.

Why can't we just be coldly professional?

Gruden could say "Jim and I are friends, but we have to evaluate everyone professionally."

Bruce could say "Upon evaluating where the team is, we have made a decision to let him go."

Instead, you've got one guy publicly saying he'd recommend keeping him and telling the world about their bromance and another pinning some of the firing on the guy who said he and Haslett had a bromance.

Just...baffling.  It should not be this hard to keep things close to the chest.

And everyone knows Haslett sucks.  We don't need to talk him up or pretend he's ok or make excuses for him, that results in us getting tied in knots like this.  Just publicly thank him for his time, tell the world we've made a decision to part ways, and end it there.

Like, don't burn bridges, but don't be trying to build them either while simultaneously tossing him.

Why is everyone so sure that Morris would fail as a D cordinator? Seems that other defenses he worked with improved, College and Pro. I'm sure he would have a different approach to the game plan.

Wasn't he in charge of the worst part of the entire defense? If there were disagreements with schemes being run, you'd think with this leaky organization that we would have heard something about it.

the announcement alone has made my week, but this thread is so much win....

thank you Jewish G_d!!!  thank you Tom Cruise!!! thank you Operah Winnifrey!!!

- for we know that today is a gift, that every day is a struggle, & we fight to survive each day....but if for a day, today is a day of rest, we must all recline & drink the gift of the vine for G_d is good & has delivered us from Pharoah & unto the promised land of our people!

or something like that...

Archived