Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: REDSKINS, JIM HASLETT MUTUALLY AGREE TO PART WAYS

TK

Looks like Haslett may be the 2nd worst DC in NFL history:

Since Jim Haslett took over as the defensive coordinator for the Redskins in 2010, he’s never coached a defense that finished in the top half of the league in points or yards allowed.

In fact, Haslett’s defenses have been so terrible that he’s set a record for the most yards allowed over a five-year span by any defensive coordinator in NFL history with 29,069 yards.

It gets (slightly) better when it comes to points allowed over Haslett’s tenure. Instead of being the worst, his defenses have only been second-worst! With 2,048 points allowed since 2010, Haslett’s defense falls just 16 points behind Gunther Cunningham’s defense, when he coached for the Detroit Lions from 2009-2013.

http://alloverthehill.com/2014/12/29/redskins-must-rid-jim-haslett/?utm_source=FanSided&utm_medium=Network&utm_campaign=Around%20the%20Network

Why is everyone so sure that Morris would fail as a D cordinator? Seems that other defenses he worked with improved, College and Pro. I'm sure he would have a different approach to the game plan.

not speaking for everyone, but i think you underestimate the schadenfreude at play with this fan base.  for one to understand why so many are against Raheem Morris becoming DC, one must understand the ties that bind.  Dan hires his old buddy caste lackeys, Allen being a main proponent. who then hires other old buddy caste lackeys....Jay Gruden, Raheem Morris, Haslett taking forever to be let go...etc.  Haslett is FINALLY let go...fans have absolutely no confidence in Allen's ability to a ) judge talent, & b ) not hire another yes-man lackey from the old Tampa days.

Raheem may become a great DC, & maybe even for us...but the level of skepticism due to the history of cronyism within this organization is so thick, i think some of us may actually grab some pitch-forks & torches if that's the direction we head. 

just saying...it has little to do with his prowess, & everything to do with the way this organization is currently operating.

Why is everyone so sure that Morris would fail as a D cordinator? Seems that other defenses he worked with improved, College and Pro. I'm sure he would have a different approach to the game plan.

I think our DBs have looked lost, out of position, and caught-off-guard way too often since he's been here.

First burning question now....What buddy will Bruce Allen hire to replace hasslet ???? If we get another left over from the bucs ..im going to pull a week long drunk.

Should be running out of buddies soon.

I remember when Gruden was hired he made a remark about Morris firing him when Morris became coach of the Bucs. He said it in a joking manner but seemed like maybe he was not completely joking. like maybe there was a little bit of grudge there, I could have just misinterpreted though.

I agree Haslett needed to go but this team is rotten to the core and firing Haslett was just a scape goat as far as Im concerned.

Besides Snyder the biggest issue is Allen he needs to get fired and get  a real GM that can evaluate talent and clean this house 

of losers and malcontents why is this so hard for Snyder to understand!

I think our DBs have looked lost, out of position, and caught-off-guard way too often since he's been here.

Right, I think there is enough of a question there as to whether he was responsible or Haslett was responsible to maybe give Morris one more year in his current spot, but elevating him to DC when his unit has been a mess is too much.

Maybe he's DC material, maybe he's not, and maybe, if we don't elevate him now, we'll never know.  But the evidence falls heavily on the "probably not" side, so I'm not even remotely enamored with the concept of him becoming DC when there are guys who have had good units out there who are available for hire.

My goodness I'm going to renew my sunday ticket next year thanks to this !!!

I agree Haslett needed to go but this team is rotten to the core and firing Haslett was just a scape goat as far as Im concerned.

Besides Snyder the biggest issue is Allen he needs to get fired and get  a real GM that can evaluate talent and clean this house 

of losers and malcontents why is this so hard for Snyder to understand!

No Haslett was not a scape goat.  He was a horrible coordinator no way around it!!

My goodness I'm going to renew my sunday ticket next year thanks to this !!!

No Haslett was not a scape goat.  He was a horrible coordinator no way around it!!

So you think now that Haslett is gone were going to the playoff, come on man, the the real problem are the people running this circus!

Nope wrong. You are proposing the the ready, fire, aim sequence continue. You're forgetting that our scouting department sucks. Redskins absolutely have to aquire a new personnel aquisition head and bunch of new minions for him before they even think of conducting the draft.

Good luck with that. 

Snyder has absolutely no clue how to run a pro football team. While this is obvious to most of us after 15 years, he still has the twin Baghdad Bobs (aka Bruce Allen and Larry Michael) telling everyone on the Titanic that everything is OK. AND...the former is who we've entrusted with making those decisions.

Not looking good...

Why can't we just be coldly professional?

Easy answer: 

Our owner is not professional

The same knuckleheads will be here next year whining about the next defensive coordinator. You can set your watch to it look at their posting history

Haslett was no genius but if anyone thinks this defense only lacks scheme you are a special kind of idiot. At best this defense is 2 years away from being a legitimate squad, and that's if we ignore the offensive line in the draft.

I understand not burning bridges. But Jay flat out said that HE would recommend Haslett return then Bruce says Jay made the decision.

They are making it seem like the other person pulled the trigger.

Be a unified front be lock step.

I'm tired of sketchy.

You don't seem to grasp my point.

If Haslett "pulled the trigger", both Gruden and Allen are off the hook, so to speak.  It is possible he is the one who threw in the towel.  Let's face it, 5 years in DC would test the sanity of anyone and maybe he just had enough. As far as the mutual decision goes, it could have ammounted to Gruden saying no more than "sorry to see you go and good luck wherever you land".

So you think now that Haslett is gone were going to the playoff, come on man, the the real problem are the people running this circus!

I don't think anyone thinks that firing Haslett means playoffs, not by any stretch of the imagination.  Firing Haslett is addition by subtraction, but not on that level.

He is a small bit scapegoat, but mostly not.

For him to be a scapegoat, the failures of others need to be laid at his feet.  They are seemingly doing this partially (with regard to the defense), but I think they realize they cannot lay them entirely at his feet.  He is, after all, merely the DC, he doesn't have control over the O or ST.  Meanwhile, Haslett is taking the blame for the defense, which is mostly his fault, so he can't be a scapegoat for many of the failures of the defense.

Now, some of the failures of the defense are systemic and he is perhaps being paraded as a scapegoat for those, but after a certain point you become the system.  Haslett has been here 5 years, he's practically an institution by this point, and the longer you remain somewhere, the more blame that has to be placed upon you.

The same knuckleheads will be here next year whining about the next defensive coordinator. You can set your watch to it look at their posting history

Haslett was no genius but if anyone thinks this defense only lacks scheme you are a special kind of idiot. At best this defense is 2 years away from being a legitimate squad, and that's if we ignore the offensive line in the draft.

We definitely need a new D coordinator, but the real problem is how this franchise is run. 

We have an owner and front office of idiots who can't manage their way out of a paper bag, much less identify and properly draft/sign talented coaches and players. Until that gets fixed (don't hold your breath), who is the D coordinator will be one of the least of our problems.

I can't believe it actually happened.  But we learned that either Jay lies to the media, or is a bad judge of his coaches. It is at least a chance at progress.  Getting this hire right is critical. 

2 years sounds like a long time. It's only defense after all. i think we can look at Dallas to see it can take less than a year for a defense lacking in talent to turn it around. Sure a stout offense goes a long ways to helping out its defense, but just the same, no one predicted the Dallas offense to do as well as they did. 

I can't believe it actually happened.  But we learned that either Jay lies to the media, or is a bad judge of his coaches. It is at least a chance at progress.  Getting this hire right is critical. 

2 years sounds like a long time. It's only defense after all. i think we can look at Dallas to see it can take less than a year for a defense lacking in talent to turn it around. Sure a stout offense goes a long ways to helping out its defense, but just the same, no one predicted the Dallas offense to do as well as they did. 

We'll know one of two things is true if it's an internal hire (right now Raheem is getting interviewed):

1)  The coaches around the league smell smoke - like, this is probably a one year gig before the whole show is blown up

2)  The FO goes ahead and promotes Raheem, cause they feel the same thing from the top

Put it on hold for at least another year bro'.

Hail. 

See above, I ain't even tripping lol

I hadn't really thought about Morris but if they hire a fresh face as DC. Now this is w/ the thought process we bring in an established name like Wade, Rex, or Fangio. They're gonna want to bring in their own ppl to install their own D. Especially if we were to land Fangio from SF or Wade Phillips. These are guys that are established and know what they want to do. Furthermore they've earned their bones and don't need a break or a chance.

This is something more systemic to us...

...Instead, you've got one guy publicly saying he'd recommend keeping him and telling the world about their bromance and another pinning some of the firing on the guy who said he and Haslett had a bromance.

Just...baffling.  It should not be this hard to keep things close to the chest.

And everyone knows Haslett sucks.  We don't need to talk him up or pretend he's ok or make excuses for him, that results in us getting tied in knots like this.  Just publicly thank him for his time, tell the world we've made a decision to part ways, and end it there....

There has to be some accountability to a man's rhetoric and its lacking from both Jay and Bruce.

These guys will say anything.

We'll know one of two things is true if it's an internal hire (right now Raheem is getting interviewed):

1)  The coaches around the league smell smoke - like, this is probably a one year gig before the whole show is blown up

2)  The FO goes ahead and promotes Raheem, cause they feel the same thing from the top

See above, I ain't even tripping lol

And if that is the case I'll happily sit through one more year of this ****. 

HAPPILY.

Hail. 

Archived