Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage & Interactive Game Day Thread: Redskins vs Cowboys (Final)

JimmiJo

I'm starting to think Gruden might not actually be safe...

Blown out at home by our arch-rivals, in front of Gibbs who's sitting right next to Snyder...

Come on Snyder, do it. Go home, drink some Crown Royal, fire everyone, hire a consultant to find a real GM...

Do it! Do it!

This too.  I said in an earlier post that Snyder is desperate again.  He knows the fans have basically abandoned him.  He's seeing a stadium full of cowboys fans as we limp...limp to a 4-12 finish.  What idiotic, reactionary move will he pull next??? 

In separate news, we should just take a knee.  At least get RGIII into the offseason healthy.

Our games are annoying to watch. We are the only team where every sack is the QB's fault. Every single time I watch our O-Line get beat, the announcers and fans critique the QB. What do we think those 5 guys jobs are?

Literally as Dallas' O-Line is praised and recognized, ours is ignored. Then people complain about other aspects of our offense that are directly dependent on having a good O-Line, but discuss everyone but the O-Line.

I wasn't even around for the hogs, but I find it extremely frustrating that a franchise that has that tradition has now found every excuse to diminish the importance of a good O-Line.

Yep.  The media is just jumping on a narrative that stirs up as much **** as possible.  The way they cover Robert and his sacks, then you'd have to say 99% of all sacks on any QB is the QB's fault.  Of course they are holding the ball too long, but that could be said about just almost every sack ever if that is the way you choose to spin it.  Look at same of the top QB's around the league, they get sacked a lot too, and it because holding onto the ball longer results in more sacks, but it also results in big plays often. It is all in how you want to spin it.  Meanwhile when a free defender absolutely blows up our O-line and gets a free rush, there is nothing said about how the O-line can't block and couldn't block for any of our 3 QB's.  No commentary about how McCoy was getting sacked just as much as Robert, or the fact that Cousins was so afraid of being sacked that he was throwing the ball too soon before WRs were even to the breaks of their routes.  Nope, nothing...it's all just been "RG3....everything RG3"

Well, maybe next year we can start a QB who can actually throw the ball farther than 10 yards past the line of scrimmage. Would be nice to get ANY throw (besides screens) which travels farther than 10 yards. RG3 looked decent the first half but imploded in the 2nd, 2 Redzone INTs (convert both to points, may have had a chance), a fumble (garbage time so who cares) inability to move the ball.

It is time to move on, open up a QB competition, fire the OL coach, fire the DC, hire a QB coach, a new OL coach, a new DC, draft either a stud safety or OL.

This loss is not entirely on our QB

Lol WHAT?! Your entire post..you conveniently left out the terrible drops, RG3s TD run....you only focus on the QB for 90% of the post (not bringing up how much cousins and McCoy struggled behind this OL)...I don't even...lol WHAT?!

Our games are annoying to watch. We are the only team where every sack is the QB's fault. Every single time I watch our O-Line get beat, the announcers and fans critique the QB. What do we think those 5 guys jobs are?

Literally as Dallas' O-Line is praised and recognized, ours is ignored. Then people complain about other aspects of our offense that are directly dependent on having a good O-Line, but discuss everyone but the O-Line.

I wasn't even around for the hogs, but I find it extremely frustrating that a franchise that has that tradition has now found every excuse to diminish the importance of a good O-Line.

Everything dallass has done has been because of that great OL. Yet ours gets crushed up the middle and RGIII is the problem.

Good Cousins would have won this game.

Bad Cousins, well, at least he would have put up some numbers to go with the ints.

How soon fans forget dropped balls in the redzone.. Griffin could of won this game if the D could catch, cover or tackle and the receivers could catch in the red zone.. QB has little to do with it when your entire team stinks.

Same here.  I really think that Gruden could be one of those "surprise" firings, although it wouldn't surprise many of us here who follow the team.

Yup. Announcers were talking about how he's back regardless because of his contract...I think they might be wrong.

Seriously? Why not just kneel it??? Classy....real classy, Dallas...good god. **** off. Seriously. ******* **** off.

When you start taking cheap shots late in an ass whooping, you are no longer afforded the luxury of kneel downs. Besides, they ran it into the middle. If you can't stop that when you know it's coming, it's not Dallas' fault.

Off season again starts in December.

Might as well predict it now.  Season will end in December a year from now.

it will end way before that.

At this moment, I say 2015 will not be much better.

This teams a massive overhaul.

From Team President to GM to Coach to QB to etc....

Owner would also be there but that will not change.

Archived