Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage & Interactive Game Day Thread: Redskins at Giants (Final)

JimmiJo

okay, personally, I think RG3 played pretty good today

I liked what I saw of Thompson and hope to see more.

wondering about the injury situation.  What's Trent's status?  And was Kory able to finish the game. 

Maybe something will happen where we finally see someone new in the game

The word from the ppl who know say the Colts team is not good but Luck carries them and he is the reason they win.

Oh, now that we know where the word came from, the colts line is worse than the Redskins. Thank goodness they have Superman at QB. Ridiculous.

How about u watch a Colts game, see for yourself, Luck consistently has light years to throw the ball compared to any of the Redskins qbs.

because once you bobble the ball and recapture it the rules for completing a pass take over. So you have to control the ball as you hit the ground and roll around just as if you were catching a pass.

guys I just got home from the stadium and I must say im officially off the djax bandwagon. on a play where we took a long shot to him and didn't connect. he walked off the field and didn't go back on. on either 2nd or 3rd down. we were down 17-13 at the time. there were a number of plays where is barely getting back to the huddle. he is a cancer

he's just coming back from injury. Couldn't be he was on limited snaps or not 100%. Nah.

What's the difference, we lost again, looked pretty pathetic again and the season is a complete waste. Forget the fact that we're 3-11, that is not why the season is a waste. The reason why the season is a waste is because going into the season, I really didn't care if we only won 5, 6 or 7 games, so long as we showed positive steps as the season progressed. But the two main things I was looking for out of this season was for Griffin or Cousins to separate themselves as our clear QB moving forward and for Gruden to show us that he is strong head coaching material and is going to be our coach for years to come. Obviously, neither of those two things have remotely happened and there are more questions about our QB position and head coach now than there was in September. Hell, even if one of those two things went well, we could at least say "Well we got our QB" or "We got our coach" and the season would not have been a total wash.

When your head coach and QB are stabilized, your team can then think about being a contender. I thought that we would at least find out where we stand at those two positions by seasons end. But instead we know less now about both spots, we absolutely suck and have no clue as to where we're going. What an absolute disastrous waste of a season and there is no real hope on the horizon.

Good post and thoughts, it sucks that you're right

guys I just got home from the stadium and I must say im officially off the djax bandwagon. on a play where we took a long shot to him and didn't connect. he walked off the field and didn't go back on. on either 2nd or 3rd down. we were down 17-13 at the time. there were a number of plays where is barely getting back to the huddle. he is a cancer

I thought the opposite. One play, after he made a first down, he was ready to run on the field but Gruden told him no.

The word from the ppl who know say the Colts team is not good but Luck carries them and he is the reason they win.

Oh, now that we know where the word came from, the colts line is worse than the Redskins. Thank goodness they have Superman at QB. Ridiculous.

How about u watch a Colts game, see for yourself, Luck consistently has light years to throw the ball compared to any of the Redskins qbs.

because once you bobble the ball and recapture it the rules for completing a pass take over. So you have to control the ball as you hit the ground and roll around just as if you were catching a pass.

I have watched a lot of Colts games and I am impressed every time I see Luck play. A guy like that comes around once every 15 years. He took a one win team, the year before, to the playoffs his first year. I wish we lost every game like the Colts did to have him and I would bet dollars to donuts, if we had him, we would not be 3 and 11. Cheers

That part I understand...but say he hit the ground after being touched and the ball popped out in the field of play, then the Giants recovered.

How does the rulebook handle that?

Ground can cause a fumble? Incomplete pass ;) ? that's what is confusing me

That part I understand...but say he hit the ground after being touched and the ball popped out in the field of play, then the Giants recovered.

Ground can cause a fumble? Incomplete pass? that's what is confusing me

That's a great question. 

They certainly were a bad team, but I think it was an obvious tank-job. They hired one of the crappiest backup QBs and stuck with him all year.(the colts)

They were better than a one-win team

This.  The Colts obviously tanked that year to make sure they had a clear shot at getting Luck.  He is definitely a generational talent.  But that team was far more ready to compete than their record indicated.  Plus, just look at the division they are playing in.  It doesn't take much to win a division against the Jags, Texans, and Titans.  

Ground can cause a fumble? Incomplete pass ;) ? that's what is confusing me

Crossing the goal line is the difference in this circumstance.

They certainly were a bad team, but I think it was an obvious tank-job. They hired one of the crappiest backup QBs and stuck with him all year.(the colts)

They were better than a one-win team

Hey, we had the option to start Beck all year and get that first pick but instead we had to go all in for those 5 big wins that nobody remembers now and instead get to watch the Colts have 3 decades of 10+ wins with that 1 win season in the middle because they somehow sucked it twice on the right year to get the best QB in the NFL.

It was kinda questionable the last time when they got Manning too, remember they were in the AFCCG in 1996 before making that pick since they went 3-13 in 1997. Then Manning went 3-13 his rookie year and they haven't lost since other than that 1 win season.

I thought the opposite. One play, after he made a first down, he was ready to run on the field but Gruden told him no.

no he was just dogging it.

djax always does this when he doesnt get the ball. he is a front runner. great weapon but a cancer in my opinion

no he was just dogging it.

On the PI on Breeland I thought the ball was past both guys before Breeland stuck his hand inside the receivers arms. Should have been a uncatchable ball or a no call. Can someone whe tapes the games have a look at that play and let us know if the ball was past the receiver? Thanks

I can tell you this. My father went to HS and played football for 4 years with Jeff Tripplette. He was a total screw up playing football, but he is even worse as a referee. His fav team in HS was the Raiders. I asked the old man if he remembered Tripplete being an anti Redskin. He couldn't recall if he was or was not.

The ball looked uncatchable to me. At most I was expecting defensive holding on that BS call.

I thought once the ball carrier broke the goal line plane it was a TD. I have watched Pro football for 35 plus years and have never seen a TD like that called back.

The NFL is only responsible by law to provide entertainment. That means they can rig the outcome of games however they see fit.

Think about it.

Then I'll rephrase my original post.

What turnover, today?

Didn't RG3 get sacked on 4th down, and fumble the ball and then kory recovered it at the Giants 39 yard line? That's probably the turnover that the person is talking about cause I don't think the fumble by RG3 before halftime was a turnover cause after the refs made their decision we went straight to halftime. But I only know this from play by play for a few minutes earlier today at breakfast

Didn't RG3 get sacked on 4th down, and fumble the ball and then kory recovered it at the Giants 39 yard line? That's probably the turnover that the person is talking about cause I don't think the fumble by RG3 before halftime was a turnover cause after the refs made their decision we went straight to halftime. But I only know this from play by play for a few minutes earlier today at breakfast

The end of the half fumble that everyone finds (rightfully IMHO) ludicrous was a turnover technically. But since it was the end of the half the Giants simply didn't get the ball

The end of the half fumble that everyone finds (rightfully IMHO) ludicrous was a turnover technically. But since it was the end of the half the Giants simply didn't get the ball

Yeah true. And I didn't watch the game, been in California so I don't know if it was a fumble or not. I guess most people here are saying it was the right call though.

Agreed. But his stature/popularity whatever had no effect in the most important call since the "immaculate reception."

Think about how different the NFL might have been if that's a fake and the Jon Gruden raiders win that game. Does Jon end up in TB? Does Brady become Brady? Do they. Keep Bledsoe around?

That call helped define a decade.

Brady was the beneficiary of the call, not the cause.

He's gotten calls since, sure.

I'll play the conspiracy game.

Wasn't that the year of 9/11? The "PATRIOTS" miraculously turned around their season from 3-5 after Bilicheat realized: "hey...they really are just going to let us dry hump WR's all year long...let's see how far we can really push that."

Case & point? Watch that SB with sound...especially post game where they show the replay of Law's pick 6. Madden & Summerall are stymied for vocabulary...just dumbfounded.

Anywho...as has been said a million times already, that's a no-call every day of the week & 15 times on Sunday. You can guess which game gets the call.

But where's the consistency in the gme in question? The late hits, the blatantly obvious facemask, the holding or....the all but exact opposite ruling on pretty much the same rule in the book on the OBJ catch?

No matter though...i can see your hatred blinds you (edit: not you particularly...but others you have effectively defended with this post...i generally take no umbrage with your posts). You can't even bother to admit how horrid the OL played, or how atrocious the play calling was on both sides of the ball. All you have troubled to do for the 7 pages i just glanced through, is rail on Robert. You & 6 others...nothing but vitriol.

No worries though...just curious...do you lot actually have any evaluations you care to provide on anyone else on the team WITHOUT making reference to "he who shall not be named" in a backhanded or remotely (as in: from a distance) denigrating sort of way. That, i may actually pay attention to, going forward.

& btw...before it gets stated...again...it's not that you are critiquing your girlfriend's lifestyle choices...it's that we've been at this bar for 6 hours & you can't suffer to keep her name out your goddamn mouth.

The call was the right call, technically, but you would never see it called like that against a team that has any sort of respect around the league. Does anyone see Rodgers or Brady getting the exact same play called back? Honestly, it just shows how little regard we're held with by everyone... that they'd so willingly rule that by the letter of the law.

It's like when you see DBs touching receivers past the 5 yard allowance. It happens all the time and, by the letter of the law, they're not supposed to. But you just won't see that consistently called. Same goes for holding. Heck, even offsides. Sometimes a players helmet is literally a centimeter offsides, but they'll let it pass.

It's amazing it was called like that because, again, it was such a technicality that you'd have to dig through the entire rule book for that it proves, to me at least, the league and its refs really just enjoy calling us on crap, lol. There has to be some type of pleasure derived by it.

I don't really believe there's a conspiracy here... just a lack of respect, honestly. We've earned it, I guess.

The one that really drives me crazy and I absolutely do believe there's a conspiracy involved is the TV replay "controller". I don't know if it's just one guy who controls the replays during any given broadcast or a few, but I swear it's slanted some times to benefit one team. I can't count how many times an iffy play occurred (like, say, the opposing team fumbled but the refs called the player down) and they never show a replay for it so our coaches are left either throwing the flag blindly or just not having a chance to challenge. And then during the same game we'll do something to that effect and IMMEDIATELY the replay is shown so their coaches can be told, lol.

I swear it happened yesterday during the Eagles-Cowboys night game. Murray lost the ball early on and the refs called him down. Don't know whether or not he was down but they never showed the replay and the Cowboys even took their time to snap the ball, lol. Later on when Celek fumbled (but was ruled down) and the Eagles ran to the line, they IMMEDIATELY went to replay. I mean, like within one second of the play being whistled dead, so Garret can be told whether or not to challenge.

I mean, come on. There has to be something to that. I've pulled my hair out way too many times on that for it not to be something, lol.    

Archived