Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Report: Snyder, Allen may side with RG3 and fire Gruden

Boss_Hogg

Yup, Cleveland was smart to realize what they had just hired at HC and GM wasn't working and quickly pulled the plug. Now, they're a playoff contender. I mean before the season, I'd think we'd all agree that we had more talent on paper than Cleveland. But they got a HC that can get the most out of his guys. We have a HC that throws his team under the bus.

On paper they have a better defense. On offense it's close. Gordon is better than anyone we have, before Hoyer was hurt last year he was clearly outplaying Griffin but both have been bad this year,  we're better at RB but they have a better O-line, TE is probably even.

Just a thought.

The value of the Redskins went up over $ 420 million in 2013 to a value of $ 2.4 billion....making the Redskins the 3rd most valuable franchise in football.

This comes AFTER RG3's 2012 season where he was the most talked about player in the league and led in jersey sales.

I wonder if Snyder takes that into consideration that maybe RG3 is partly responsible in increasing his net worth by approx. $ 273 million (Dan owns 65% of the team)

Consider that if fans boycott the team and RG3 becomes a bonafide bust which drops the value of the Redskins down to the level of the average team...then Dan will be feeling the pain.

Denver is worth $ 1.45 billion...yet they have one of the strongest fan bases in the league.

If the Redskins fall to this level it will wipe out almost $ 1 billion in value...and since most wealthy people depend on and leverage the value of their assets...this will really hurt Snyder.

Therefore Snyder has to hope that RG3 can reclaim his 2012 form and that the last 2 years were just a bad dream because he is not only looking at a broken and dysfunctional team but a real serious financial problem if RG3 is cut.

This will not happen. I hear boycotting the Skins and forcing Snyder to sell as a result and it is never......ever going to happen. People just need to quit bringing it up because it's a waste of space. He's a young man who is going to own this team for an extremely long time and your better off praying he comes to his senses and makes smart football decisions.

This will not happen. I hear boycotting the Skins and forcing Snyder to sell as a result and it is never......ever going to happen. People just need to quit bringing it up because it's a waste of space. He's a young man who is going to own this team for an extremely long time and your better off praying he comes to his senses and makes smart football decisions.

I know that.

Just making the connection between Snyder siding with his gravy train over a coach because if the value of his franchise drops significantly then there could be some austerity measures coming to Redskins Park.

I don't think Snyder is as rich as some think.   

Why else is Allen so cost conscious?

Right, but you are undermining the coach if your GM is picking out his staff.

He's pretty money throwing to his right. He's terrible throwing it to his left.

EDIT: I think we are talking about completion percentage vs accuracy here. His completion percentages have been outstanding.

Agreed. His completion percentage is fine, but he doesn't make the tough throws. Lots of dink and dunk.

I know that.

Just making the connection between Snyder siding with his gravy train over a coach because if the value of his franchise drops significantly then there could be some austerity measures coming to Redskins Park.

because they got into a habit of overpaying people, then the NFL screwed them over and they had to break it, so why not continue it if possible?

I know that.

Nearly all of Snyder's net worth is tied to the team, so he's rich its just tied to the team. That's why I don't understand where people think Snyder owning and operating this team is just a game of checkers to him. It's obvious some really dumb mistakes were made early in his ownership but the same has not been true in say the past 5 years. Recently its looked more like he's empowered people who are not geting the job done.

Gruden being "safe" right now only means he wont get canned this week.

He can't fire someone during the season anymore. I know the Norv situation was different because they were still in the playoff hunt, but he'll never live that down. As much as you may want to fire someone during the season it almost always does more harm then good.

we could easily find a good offensive lineman in the 1st round this year and next year, and a good offensive lineman in free agency, and a good safety in the 2nd round and in free agency

Yes, but we'd need a good GM to make the picks.......

And that doesn't include the other players we'd need to field a decent team......

THIS right here

He decided to play last season so the injury excuse only goes so far. He did not play well last season. Combine that with getting worse this season and yeah, I'm just going to go with the "He probably just sucks" conclusion. 

the quality of his play last season is very much up for debate.  I think the entire team did worse last year and I think they played a little harder schedule with the NFC North and AFC West instead of the NFC South and AFC North

I'm more willing to give Griffin another year than Gruden. 

But the fact that we have to choose between the two after one season together is further proof of how broken this team is.

I don't think we have to.

THIS right here

....He did not play well last season. Combine that with getting worse this season and yeah, I'm just going to go with the "He probably just sucks" conclusion. 

Rskins06, on 08 Dec 2014 - 1:31 PM, said:snapback.png

He has not played well for 2 years, not just 5 games.

I understand that Griffin is very likely gone next year. I understand that many of you don't like him.

But can we at least be accurate about his play?

The whole Griffin did not play well in 2013 year is simply inaccurate.

Many of the same people that say Griffin was bad in 2013 think Cousins was good, SMH.

Don't take my word for it though because whenever Griffin comes up some people blood rise and they become too angry to listen/read to other posters so...............

And it’s only rubbing salt in the wound for Ravens and Giants fans to note that, at least statistically, Griffin’s 2013 season rates out better than all but two of Joe Flacco’s six seasons, and that it took Eli Manning until his fifth season to have a better passer rating than the one Griffin managed this year (2013) a year pretty much everyone declared “awful.”

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/what-really-went-wrong-with-robert-griffin-iii/

Every should read the article above^^^

Second, this season with Gruden was supposed to be a blank slate.

And im any honest assessment even Griffin at a minimum played 2 bad games (49ers+Tampa), 1 decent game (Houston), 1 good (Vikings) ironically during a short week of prep with Colt's game plan.

Lets not be prisoners of recency and let Griffin's 2 bad games, one of which was the literally the worst game of his career, come to represent the sum of his ability.

Lets not be prisoners of recency and let Griffin's 2 bad games, one of which was the literally the worst game of his career, come to represent the sum of his ability.

excellent post all around.

As for Gruden, the blank slate nature of the season kind of makes it easier to dismiss him.  There's so little that is actually his

I'm sorry but I'm totally confused here. Gruden had a luv affair w/ Kirk that we all knew about. Kirk didn't pan out. RGIII failed to impress. Colt received the hype for not blowing the dallass game. That was the best play we've seen out of this defense. Rams game was an epic fail in every aspect. 6 sacks, two picks, and a egg on the scoreboard could've been achieved by anyone on this roster. I just don't understand benching RGIII to get this sub par performance at QB. If Gruden really wanted to make his point he'd of left RGIII in there and let him take the fall for this lack of game planning. Someone remind me, what offense are we running again?

Archived