Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Report: Snyder, Allen may side with RG3 and fire Gruden

Boss_Hogg

It's not RG3 vs. Gruden, just stop. It's Gruden vs. the front office. Robert has become a proxy for Snyder because he has shown a fondness for him in the past when Rob helped win a division, oh the horror. Rob doesn't deserve to be in this discussion. It's an equal parts disaster on both Snyder AND Gruden. Rob is a well intentioned dork...stop gang tackling the kid, worst thing you can do.

Gruden is 3-10 and has nothing other than "wanting consistency" and the shame of "one-and-done" that is preventing him from being fired. What players has he found? What style has he forged? He had one job and one job only and he ****** it up spectacularly. He completely mismanaged the QB position this year. Robert has regressed farther than last year, so has Cousins....it's gotten to the point that people here have convinced themselves Colt McCoy is a potential starter...3 QBs, none of them can run your system.

Assuming the heresay is true, that he not only doesn't want to play Rob but actually doesn't like him, then you can say he mismanaged THAT situation as well. Rob got hurt in Week 2, an apparent gift from God for Grudz yet they go 3-4 under TWO different healthy QBs and he starts Rob literally the second he became healthy again even tho McCoy had just beat Tennessee and Dallas and there was a bye after the Vikings game. He had the good fortune of moving away from Griffin WITH PERFORMANCE! WITH PERFORMANCE AS JUSTIFICATION and he completely threw it away.

He not only exhibits no balls at that point but he then give a cold headed and woefully unprofessional presser that Monday and it becomes about Snyder/RG3 vs. the coach again. If Snyder/Allen actually forced RG3 to start at any point all this is a mute point anyway b/c there is no fixing this team EVER.

As far as Snyder is concerned....he hired a guy who doesn't like Robert, it's unbelievable. The one thing he needed to find, the one thing! The one thing! He couldn't do it! They honestly would have been better off hiring Briles or a Baylor assitant coach than Gruden who quit on him after literally just 4 games, who does that? How poorly did Snyder read that situation? That hire needed to work with Robert for many reasons most importantly contractually. Snyder ******* that up ensures that everything, and I mean EVERYTHING must now be razed for this team to move forward.

Gruden was the wrong hire. It went against personnel, it wasn't a clean enough of a slate.

Snyder needs to:

Fire Allen. Fire Gruden. Fire Haslett.

Hire a new GM and a new staff and rebuild from scratch.

Extra Credit: Change the name. Keep the colors, heck, keep the logo but change the name.

I don't understand what you're saying, so let me reiterate my point and see if we meet up somewhere:

I think that if Bruce Allen is fired, Jay Gruden needs to be released. In my eyes, they need to be tied. If Jay Gruden is released, then Bruce Allen needs to be let go. They are tied to one another.

IF neither is let go, then the steps you outlined all need to occur, but in accordance with Jay's wishes. (Allen needs to say, "Hey, we need to look in another direction for these positions. You and I can talk about them, and we'll put someone in place that you want. But I'd like to move on). 

If Allen is let go, I can't say keeping Gruden is a good idea.

You can fire Allen, and then hire somebody new and let that person make the decision.

Right?

IMO there's no reason that firing Allen needs to trigger and automatic firing of Gruden.

I've got no problem with, you fire Allen, hire somebody new (independent of Gruden), but then that person makes the decision on Gruden.

Maybe that person even decides given the time restraints and the availability of people this year to let Gruden go through next season with the idea they are likely going to remove him after next year, but Gruden gets a prove it year.

this coahing staff hasn't done anything with the talent here. coaches have won with lesser talent. this coaching staff sucks. from gruden to haslett r. morris st coach they all suck

If you were a successful NFL coach (including coordinator) or college coach, why would you take a job where there were 2 QBs that had been there the last 2 years and the team had been awful those 2 years and the coaches had been fired if you were being told you had to keep the 2 QB?

You're offering me a job, but I don't get to pick the player at my most important position even though the last 2 guys that worked with the guys you have at those positions couldn't get them to play at a level they were happy with and ended up getting fired.

Thanks but no thanks.

Can I report you for harassment?

Tarkanton was a great QB. And his career completion percentage was 57%. You can say Griffin has lousy footwork, you can say he's to slow to make decisions, but considering his lowest completion percentage was 60.1 % I don't believe accuracy is a problem. And his lowest average yd pr throw is 7.0 so it's no all YAC; especially since the Skins SUCK at getting them

Griffin's completion percentage is high due to all the dink and dunk. All Qb's back in the day had much lower percentages because they threw downfield. Griffin's downfield accuracy was criticized in his rookie season, when he was most successful.

this coahing staff hasn't done anything with the talent here. coaches have won with lesser talent. this coaching staff sucks. from gruden to haslett r. morris st coach they all suck

That's fine.

But if I'm a successful NFL coordinator that's in a good spot or college HC, I'm not leaving that job if you tell me I can't replace your QB before I even take the job as your HC.

Especially when for the last 2 years, your QBs haven't done very well and your team has stunk.

(and it doesn't help that Cleveland is at least respectable)

I'll wait until another season to go by if I have to before I take that job.

Griffin's completion percentage is high due to all the dink and dunk. All Qb's back in the day had much lower percentages because they threw downfield. Griffin's downfield accuracy was criticized in his rookie season, when he was most successful.

Sorry, completely disagree, RG's one strength was his accuracy before he was hurt.

Can I report you for harassment?

Tarkanton was a great QB.  And his career completion percentage was 57%.  You can say Griffin has lousy footwork, you can say he's to slow to make decisions, but considering his lowest completion percentage was 60.1 % I don't believe accuracy is a problem.  And his lowest average yd pr throw is 7.0 so it's no all YAC; especially since the Skins SUCK at getting them

Could've been after the two deep balls he missed to a wide open DJax?

You can fire Allen, and then hire somebody new and let that person make the decision.

Right?

IMO there's no reason that firing Allen needs to trigger and automatic firing of Gruden.

I've got no problem with, you fire Allen, hire somebody new (independent of Gruden), but then that person makes the decision on Gruden.

Maybe that person even decides given the time restraints and the availability of people this year to let Gruden go through next season with the idea they are likely going to remove him after next year, but Gruden gets a prove it year.

Right, but you are undermining the coach if your GM is picking out his staff. 

Charley Casserly did a nice breakdown of Griffin's inaccuracy on the NFL network during his rookie season. Other analysts have also said the same. I'll take their word.

He's pretty money throwing to his right.  He's terrible throwing it to his left. 

EDIT:  I think we are talking about completion percentage vs accuracy here.  His completion percentages have been outstanding. 

I hate firing guys after 1 season, but honestly, what has Gruden shown that says he deserves another year?

I think most of us have come to the consensus that if you fire one, you fire the whole lot.  None of them have shown. 

I just don't see a scenario where Gruden or Allen are gone and the other one stays.  I think they both go or they both stay.

So, even though I wouldn't like to fire Gruden after one year, if him leaving means that Allen goes, then I hope he gets fired.

As much as I still wish that Griffin would pan out, I think a clean break would be best for both.  Whether he's starting/playing back up here, he's gonna be the focus.  I think the situation here has become too toxic for him to succeed, even if he is somehow able to overcome his deficiencies on the field.

Trade Griffin in the offseason.  Get what you can.

Fire Bruce.  Fire Gruden.  Fire Haslett.  Hire a real GM.  Let him hire a coach.  Let that coach pick his staff.

Say goodbye to all the old holdovers.  All of 'em.

Then we'll rejoice in knowing we purged a lot of garbage, but we will still understand that Snyder will screw it up anyway and there's no reason to have any faith whatsoever in anything we do.

There has been about ten better times to clean house.

Snyder has never done that. Someone always keeps their job to carry over the next great fail.

You fire Allen, period. Then you hire a new GM and let them do everything. Period.

Clean the damn site. Build a new foundation. We don't even have a viable house. We need to raze this crap to the land and rebuild.

Put everything on them. Let them decide who to keep and who to can. You then stay away for five years and let them do their job.

I'm still convinced Dan got involved really early on with Shanny. He has control issues.

But the only way you start going up again instead of continuing the downward spiral is to get a fundamental philosophy installed and stay the **** away.

Get a GM who builds through the draft and emphasizes building the lines before going after the skill positions.

Get a GM who hires a coach who believes in maximizing talent instead of handcuffing your team to a scheme.

Until Dan realizes this, we're ****ed, plain and simple.

Edit, and for gods sake, get a coach who's a HC and hires an OC and DC who calls the plays. Get position coaches for every damn position. Manage the team and stop doing four different jobs.

Agreed. I think Allen, Gruden and Haslett all have to go. Even McVay. What does McVay even do?

McVay goes over the defenses with the QBs.  So essentially STreal is correct.  :lol:

But I don't just mean those three or four... I mean literally EVERYONE.

That'll probably cost Dan $35 mil to scrap this whole thing and start over though.  But hey... it's working for Cleveland.

McVay goes over the defenses with the QBs.  So essentially STreal is correct.  :lol:

But I don't just mean those three or four... I mean literally EVERYONE.

That'll probably cost Dan $35 mil to scrap this whole thing and start over though.  But hey... it's working for Cleveland.

Yup, Cleveland was smart to realize what they had just hired at HC and GM wasn't working and quickly pulled the plug. Now, they're a playoff contender. I mean before the season, I'd think we'd all agree that we had more talent on paper than Cleveland. But they got a HC that can get the most out of his guys. We have a HC that throws his team under the bus.

Yup, Cleveland was smart to realize what they had just hired at HC and GM wasn't working and quickly pulled the plug. Now, they're a playoff contender. I mean before the season, I'd think we'd all agree that we had more talent on paper than Cleveland. But they got a HC that can get the most out of his guys. We have a HC that throws his team under the bus.

Pettine is a good man.  Their defense is outstanding and we were never close to that.  Kyle is getting by with what he has on offense.  A good line and a bunch of bull **** for weapons lol.

I criticized the move they made initially and this is why you can't keep one and not the other.  The ONLY way you get a good HC in here is if you change out your FO, too.  No one is going to come here otherwise.

Pettine is a good man.  Their defense is outstanding and we were never close to that.  Kyle is getting by with what he has on offense.  A good line and a bunch of bull **** for weapons lol.

I criticized the move they made initially and this is why you can't keep one and not the other.  The ONLY way you get a good HC in here is if you change out your FO, too.  No one is going to come here otherwise.

Yup. If we make a move, you have to totally clean house. It's probably why they had problems getting someone other than Gruden since they were retaining Haslett.

Archived