Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Report: Snyder, Allen may side with RG3 and fire Gruden

Boss_Hogg

I am on the fence with Gruden and Allen being fired, can truly see both sides.  One thing I know needs to happen is firing the ENTIRE Defensive staff and bringing in Rex, Wade, Marinelli (either one will do).

I do think the offense has shown enough to prove it can be very good.  I think they are an OL and QB (consistent play) away from being good.  As far as the whole QB thing goes, that is a different story.  I am of the opinion Rob needs to be traded for whatever the team can get for him.

I have been back and forth on Gruden…but I would fire him today.

sooo....continuity=no? also, if gruden was fired, who else would wanna come to DC to coach for the skins that would be any better? not like any legit coach would wanna come to DC.

we have to get a new defensive coaching staff, thats basically it. and draft new offensive linemen. watch how good we become

This is the organizational pickle that Dan has us in.  Fire the GM? He's only been in charge for one year and a new GM might want to hire a new coach. Fire the coach? He's only been here part of one season with a QB he inherited and a roster full of scrubs. Again, the buck stops at the owners desk for this mess. When you're boxed in with nowhere to go, you have failed.

EDIT:  I think we are talking about completion percentage vs accuracy here.  His completion percentages have been outstanding. 

you don't get good completion percentage without good accuracy.  Griffin has had some very long passes in his career

sooo....continuity=no? also, if gruden was fired, who else would wanna come to DC to coach for the skins that would be any better? not like any legit coach would wanna come to DC.

we have to get a new defensive coaching staff, thats basically it. and draft new offensive linemen. watch how good we become

Wish it were that easy. We need more than a new OL. We need new coaches across the board. New DL, LBs, CBs, FS and SS. We're not a couple guys away from being good.

Why is it all the experts who have stated all of Rob's flaws are suddenly without any merit?  I know we may have a couple self proclaimed monday morning couch experts who always tend to disagree, why?  What makes some of you more experts than the experts who are getting paid millions for their opinions?

If you can honestly look at Rob and say he is getting better and IS showing (not has shown) signs of progression, then you are only lying to yourself.  He has seriously regressed and looks completely horrible behind the center.  He easily the 3rd best QB on this roster, and when I say easily, if there were a 4th QB, he would be the 4th best QB.

Why is it all the experts who have stated all of Rob's flaws are suddenly without any merit?  I know we may have a couple self proclaimed monday morning couch experts who always tend to disagree, why?  What makes some of you more experts than the experts who are getting paid millions for their opinions?

If you can honestly look at Rob and say he is getting better and IS showing (not has shown) signs of progression, then you are only lying to yourself.  He has seriously regressed and looks completely horrible behind the center.  He easily the 3rd best QB on this roster, and when I say easily, if there were a 4th QB, he would be the 4th best QB.

What have you seen from McCoy and Cousins that says their so much better? Honestly, Griffin has started 5 games and played 4 full ones due to the injury in the Jags game. Did he play well in all 5? No. But neither of the 3 QBs has played well consistently this year. The whole offense is a mess. Not just Griffin.

Just a thought.

The value of the Redskins went up over $ 420 million in 2013 to a value of $ 2.4 billion....making the Redskins the 3rd most valuable franchise in football.

This comes AFTER RG3's 2012 season where he was the most talked about player in the league and led in jersey sales.

I wonder if Snyder takes that into consideration that maybe RG3 is partly responsible in increasing his net worth by approx. $ 273 million (Dan owns 65% of the team)

Consider that if fans boycott the team and RG3 becomes a bonafide bust which drops the value of the Redskins down to the level of the average team...then Dan will be feeling the pain.

Denver is worth $ 1.45 billion...yet they have one of the strongest fan bases in the league.

If the Redskins fall to this level it will wipe out almost $ 1 billion in value...and since most wealthy people depend on and leverage the value of their assets...this will really hurt Snyder.

Therefore Snyder has to hope that RG3 can reclaim his 2012 form and that the last 2 years were just a bad dream because he is not only looking at a broken and dysfunctional team but a real serious financial problem if RG3 is cut.

What have you seen from McCoy and Cousins that says their so much better? Honestly, Griffin has started 5 games and played 4 full ones due to the injury in the Jags game. Did he play well in all 5? No. But neither of the 3 QBs has played well consistently this year. The whole offense is a mess. Not just Griffin.

Well, I am not sure I brought up anything about McCoy and Cousins. I was referencing the couch experts here on ES who jump on every expert (or anyone else for that matter) who says anything negative about Rob and decide they all of a sudden don't know what they are talking about. Last I checked, Rob was the 3rd best QB on the team and if it were not for him being drafted so high, he would not be on ANY NFL roster today, other than maybe 3rd string or practice squad.

4-6.  At least three OL and one safety could help us a lot

Sounds good, but I still think we're flawed from a coaching standpoint.  We're not physical enough.  Gruden doesn't bring a physical philosophy to the table.  We have to remember we still play in the NFC East.  We need to be big up front.  I like the zone concepts and all but I think you still need to be able to line up and hit people in the mouth up front.

3rd or 4th and 1.  Everybody knows your running, you still run and get it.  There's something to be said about that.  Gruden doesn't seem to believe in that.  Not to mention he CONTINUES to run the same pitch play left right and middle.  I just don't understand it.   

And to the poster above, we still need defensive lineman that can cause havoc every play.  Kerrigan is a beast but there needs to be someone in the middle negating a QBs ability to step up.  Robinson is good at linebacker but we need another enforcer and probably a linebacker that can cover too.  Riley should be the worst linebacker and he's second best.  There isn't a starting caliber DB other than Clark on the team.

I just think we have the personnel, and the coaches principles are worst.

Jersey sales revenue is shared throughout all 32 teams unless you sell them in your stadium.  Then I think you keep 20% or something like that.

Jersey sales have very little to do with the Redskins generating revenue.  Owning FedEx Field and deals with StubHub have a ton to do with it.

you don't get good completion percentage without good accuracy.  Griffin has had some very long passes in his career

What does that mean?

If the Redskins fall to this level it will wipe out almost $ 1 billion in value...and since most wealthy people depend on and leverage the value of their assets...this will really hurt Snyder.

Therefore Snyder has to hope that RG3 can reclaim his 2012 form and that the last 2 years were just a bad dream because he is not only looking at a broken and dysfunctional team but a real serious financial problem if RG3 is cut.

Better yet, value continues to fall and Dan Snyder sells the team!

With that said, LETS CUT ROB FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE TEAM!!

Wish it were that easy. We need more than a new OL. We need new coaches across the board. New DL, LBs, CBs, FS and SS. We're not a couple guys away from being good.

Really?

I see SS, FS, maybe nickelback and backuo DL as the concerns behind OL

Well, I am not sure I brought up anything about McCoy and Cousins. I was referencing the couch experts here on ES who jump on every expert (or anyone else for that matter) who says anything negative about Rob and decide they all of a sudden don't know what they are talking about. Last I checked, Rob was the 3rd best QB on the team and if it were not for him being drafted so high, he would not be on ANY NFL roster today, other than maybe 3rd string or practice squad.

So much wrong here I don't know where to start.

Wouldn't be on ANY NFL roster? Jason Campbell is still playing.

3rd best QB on the team? That's certainly debatable and your opinion.

Has he played well this year? No. But I still believe in him more than Kirk or Colt.

So much wrong here I don't know where to start.

Wouldn't be on ANY NFL roster? Jason Campbell is still playing.

3rd best QB on the team? That's certainly debatable and your opinion.

Has he played well this year? No. But I still believe in him more than Kirk or Colt.

So, where am I wrong? You have your opinions and I have mine.

Jason Campbell is still playing, guess what, he is more of a fundamentally sound QB than Rob is (you can disagree, that is ok).

Yes, IMO he is the 3rd best QB on the team.

He has not played well for 2 years, not just 5 games.

No, if he came into the NFL today, had a tryout and never won a Heisman or ROY in the past, he would not make it on ANY NFL roster as a QB. Take away his past (which is the ONLY thing keeping him employed) and he is a long term project.

What does that mean?

seriously?  It means Griffin has complete numerous long passes in his career.  Just because his last two were misses to Jackson doesn't change that.

Hey, remember when Colt started against the Cowboys and DJax was tackled after long passes twice?  The common fan reaction wasn't "well at least the ball got to him" if was "if Griffin had thrown it he might have scored" meaning until just a couple misses most people figured RG3 completing a long pass was a very possible thing

seriously?  It means Griffin has complete numerous long passes in his career.  Just because his last two were misses to Jackson doesn't change that.

Hey, remember when Colt started against the Cowboys and DJax was tackled after long passes twice?  The common fan reaction wasn't "well at least the ball got to him" if was "if Griffin had thrown it he might have scored" meaning until just a couple misses most people figured RG3 completing a long pass was a very possible thing

He's not been very accurate all year.  He wasn't that accurate last year either.  His completion percentages were excellent though, and yes he has completed some very deep passes.

Really?

I see SS, FS, maybe nickelback and backuo DL as the concerns behind DL

We have one okie linemen and one nickel linemen to build around.  Baker and Hatcher.  That's really it.

We are painfully thin on both lines and talent is minimal.

I disagree with you about our defensive personnel.  I think Clark is the worst DB we have.  I hate to say it because I really like the guy but he has made way too many mistakes this year.  Our two young CBs have looked pretty good in man coverage.  Safety and linebacker are our weakest spots.  Hatcher has played above average.  We could use one more big body on the line, but I think they have played better than expected. 

Better yet, value continues to fall and Dan Snyder sells the team!

With that said, LETS CUT ROB FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE TEAM!!

When was the last time the value of an NFL team went down?

Archived